Install Arc
Options

More Servers?

Comments

• Options
    citybuildercitybuilder Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    synner82 wrote: »
    It's their way of selling more founder packs. Don't like the queue's? Buy this founders pack and jump ahead of people in line!

Then you're simply stuck in another queue of founders, haven't you seen the topic already?

Anyway, the load will be reduced as people play and get it out of their systems, 3 maybe 5 weeks and the queue will no longer be there and who the hell wants to have empty servers in 3 or 5 weeks? No developer I know of.
  • Options
    astralforgeastralforge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    Who else feels like they just forgot to 'turn on' the que system at the first launch? Servers lag all to Hell and back, then a quick downtime 'fixes' it...replaced with a long que.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    That only happens if too many servers are opened at once, which is why I asked for 1-2 to open only. At this point, people are reporting 5k+ in queue and it is not even prime time yet in the states. Opening one server, will not result in the other three turning into ghost towns; opening 5-10, probably will.

They are suppose to use Super Server Technology like With their other games like CO and STO.

We see shard names during char creation, but Down the road we should be able to move freely between them like they are one server, in case you have friends playing on different shards.

Funcom uses this exact same Technology With The Secret World.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    This is absolutely something we may implement this afternoon. Thanks for your feedback.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My ping is better now (was 1500) but it's still between 250-300. Hope this is for the server load and not because I live in Europe, as I would be regretting my Guardian Pack purchase... an action RPG with 300ms is not unplayable but very close
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sure am glad I BOUGHT this unlike the vast majority of people trying to log in right now. -sits in endless queue-

Fail lol...
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    nymphidellnymphidell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bah with these queues! Moar Servers Nao! Just kidding...trying to lighten the mood some.
  • Options
    perjure2013perjure2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jacktanto wrote: »
    maybe not a founders server, since we do have friends that are non founders, but i wouldnt mind to be given abit more priority in the que ^^

I agree 100%
  • Options
    forwkforwk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I started my queue at 1621, 10 minutes went to 300, 2 minutes went back to 3547. It's a bit ridiculous.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    forwk wrote: »
    I started my queue at 1621, 10 minutes went to 300, 2 minutes went back to 3547. It's a bit ridiculous.

The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we’re working on a fix.
  • Options
    nymphidellnymphidell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how did i just go from 4800 in queue to 11,000 some? wtf....

edit: nvm saw above post so really i have no clue where i am in queue...even better...
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why not open 1-2 more servers to help with the queues?

Its their firewalls, not the servers. (or so they claimed)

And firewalls can't just be dropped in like servers.... they don't scale laterally.
  • Options
    saddakarsaddakar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jeronan wrote: »
    They don't have the hardware and never will. They just wait till enough freeloaders give up and leave and Things settle Down by itself.

Cryptic invest in a fix set of hardware With a fixed set of capacity in mind. Was the same With STO. We had to suffer long Queue times and horrendous lag for weeks, until enough People got fed up and quit and Things settled Down. :mad:

Hey you were there too. Ah good all days, fly across the sector and rubber band back. Star Trek Offline we called it.

Think of the NeverWinter queue as a lottery, your number might just come up if you are lucky
  • Options
    arktronarktron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this really is the reason a lot of F2P games fall flat on their faces. Early launch is vital to the success of the game. Problems like this are far more serious than people realize. hiding behind this "open beta" rubbish is nothing new, games have been doing it for years now, and the fanboys eat it up.

sadly, the same thing has happened time and time again, ppls complaints are not taken seriously, the fanboys froth at the mouth and dont listen to any constructive feedback and simply brush it off and say the same line again and again "if you dont like it, leave"

And then ppl start to listen, and they leave.....suddenly their MMO becomes an MORPG and then, eventually, a ORPG. because everyone left. because ppl did not listen, but isntead went straight into defensive mode and attacked anyone who DARE mention faults in THEIR game. even faults as major as 3 shards, all with HUGE queues.
  • Options
    iamsortiamsort Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13
    edited April 2013
    at the very least i should be able to swap toons without being put back into a 20 min Q.
  • Options
    arktronarktron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we’re working on a fix.

1 is an abnormally high number for this time of day, for this type of game. decent server tech avoids this issue. anyone remember the massive gw2 server queues? nah. me either.
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited April 2013
    saddakar wrote: »
    Hey you were there too. Ah good all days, fly across the sector and rubber band back. Star Trek Offline we called it.

Think of the NeverWinter queue as a lottery, your number might just come up if you are lucky

ROTFL - that is too funny, flying across the sector and BOOM, do it again.;)
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    jacktanto wrote: »
    maybe not a founders server, since we do have friends that are non founders, but i wouldnt mind to be given abit more priority in the que ^^

Already is that way that was part of founder package
  • Options
    kargionkargion Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The queue time is ridiculousness. When you game launches you should want people to play not wait. Bad planning.
  • Options
    ximplacablexximplacablex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    si alguien me podria decir asi cual es el server generico espa
  • Options
    sasajs860sasajs860 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we
  • Options
    sasajs860sasajs860 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Screw it just format some STO and CO servers and re-purpose them for NWO!
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unless the network infrastructure is so fundamentally flawed that it won't work -Rolls eyes-

Heh. TSW does this pretty well in terms of allowing players from other server play with each other (can run missions together, instances, etc etc)

Most servers usually limit either PvP or events, but not allowing cross server adventuring.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    omegaprojectzeroomegaprojectzero Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was so pumped after watching the first cutscene i had to change underwear then.. i cried
  • Options
    jacktantojacktanto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ah ok my que jumped from 1500 to 3500 and couldnt decide where it was XD but i got in after 10 minutes i think, dont know how bad it is for others
  • Options
    baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    they dont need more servers, current servers are doing just fine

20asxtg.jpg

:D
  • Options
    dresden00dresden00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why did they open the beta to free subscribers when their paying ones can't even access the servers in a timely fashion? Close off the free loaders in favor of those who have actually paid you money.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    dresden00 wrote: »
    Why did they open the beta to free subscribers when their paying ones can't even access the servers in a timely fashion? Close off the free loaders in favor of those who have actually paid you money.

They want to make People desperate and hope enough fools fall for this and go buy the 200 dollar package to skip the Queue.
  • Options
    fakfejsfakfejs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dresden00 wrote: »

awww always said paying for free game is a scam ;], its like going to tv store, ones is buying tv for 2k and others get them for free but without remotes ;].. suckers
  • Options
    nochanceznochancez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    200$ is pretty steep. Hey thats a big gamble to have someone pay 200$ just to jump infront of the queue and the game possibly still have tons of problems. I understand its open beta so there WILL be bugs. Dishing out 200$ a game for Beta version is kinda ****ing crazy for your average gamer. I understand there are certain type of gamers and dedicated ones to this game. I do think they need to add more servers. If the Queue is right and their is a 11k people waiting to get into your game. Im sure there is more still waiting to just download the game then get going.

Edit- I've read some other posts and some say 20k+ in queue. That's enough to start our own private city. If they dont open new servers or hopefully fix some minor stupid error with luck. The masse's will calm down eventually or just leave cause its honestly, your average gamer doesn't drop 200$ on a single game.
This discussion has been closed.