test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Servers?

13»

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Let's keep the Queue Comments and Feedback restricted to the proper thread for the Issue please:

Please refer to:
    Sticky: Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Offending posts may be found here.
  • thatdorkyguycomthatdorkyguycom Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Classic first day issues people. I mean it's cool to see people brand new to the beta and or open day game release scene...but this is normal.

As for adding more servers....that is always an easy suggestion with long term possible negative effects.

Remember SWTOR? LMAO...50 server or so nonsense like that and only 3 were really populated.

They aren't going to bring up brand new servers immediately. They want to get an idea of how this will go. It's only going to get worse as this game get promoted and advertised.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Possibly 1 or 2 (if that) servers will be added. Tops. For right now.
  • jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    razzy415 wrote: »
    Didn't mean to sound elitist by segregating the Founders from the Non-Founders, but I was just simply throwing out ideas out there. Of course there are non-Founders who are really serious about playing the game, simply where I was heading is to prevent spammers, gold farmers, and what not whose business is not to play but to make money. That's what I meant by serious gamers.

On a side note how do I enable my Founder Tag? I am a Founder just so you know, who in their right mind would talk about this kinds of issues if they're not a Founder to begin with?

should be on your profile page under user groups i beleive.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Listen, Obviously 3 shards isnt enough right now, please add about 4 more shards for use, at least it will lower the que amount.

I know yall can get Owlbear and Mimic up in it since those were going to be re-purposed from other testing.

We need to get the que down and let people play. Please add more shards, you do not have enough for us to play most are just here on the forums waiting as they get pushed back in the que.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Classic first day issues people. I mean it's cool to see people brand new to the beta and or open day game release scene...but this is normal.

As for adding more servers....that is always an easy suggestion with long term possible negative effects.

Remember SWTOR? LMAO...50 server or so nonsense like that and only 3 were really populated.

They aren't going to bring up brand new servers immediately. They want to get an idea of how this will go. It's only going to get worse as this game get promoted and advertised.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Possibly 1 or 2 (if that) servers will be added. Tops. For right now.

I hope they don't do the SWTOR method (too many servers)

I hope NWN will keep 3 server cluster and just have more instances (i.e. we are all one server like EVE online) If they add servers to that then it is cool.

If NWN starts to add a bunch of servers to handle the lag, then we may end up like SWTOR.

It is normal to have a HUGE queue on opening launch (beta or real launch) Since this is open beta and no entry fee (i.e. don't have to buy the game) we will have much higher wait time than usual.

Eventually it will die down, but there is a magic balance of opening new servers and queue of opening Beta.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    renting servers is as cheap as few bunks a month. but hey buy more packs assfaces. i love that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is not being blocked.

No but they can still ban you for it.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=688

1. Transmit unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content. Profanity filter dodging and filtered words/statements with clear vulgar intent will also be considered outright violations.

No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.
    edited April 2013
    no one else wants more shards to make que less?

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mysticwarmagemysticwarmage Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ive been waiting for 2 hrs the line was 27k now its down to 2k 2 fing hours is just assinine.
  • marlb0rzmarlb0rz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    apparently one of the best mmo's of 2013 check my online status to send me a message.
  • bigbabybishbigbabybish Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why not give all the new players new servers so we dont have to play in servers with max level characters already? The only reason they are max level is because they paid 200$.

Hardly seems fair or fun to me to be stuck in queues only to play with max level players because they wont open new servers at "Open beta" launch.
  • shadow71shadow71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2013
    This game should have started off with more than three servers. Come on guys if you think about it there is more to this than just run of the mill old F2P game. This game has a long history with people of all ages. Myself I remember playing the board games for D&D and spending hours at it. So they come out with a F2P Action Based D&D game with the backing of R.A. Salvatore and Wizards of the Coast yet they didn't make more servers from the beginning? Ha that is such a bad joke.
  • zomgitszachzomgitszach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    99% of the people in this thread don't understand how servers work and how much money goes into opening them so that people can quit and they just have to shut them down... That's a huge loss of money for a majority of people that aren't going to do a single micro-transaction. This has been discussed I'm sure and it's not worth it to them in the long run. And from a business standpoint, they're right. Stop being self entitled. All the people that aren't really going to play will go back to WoW soon.
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    99% of the people in this thread don't understand how servers work and how much money goes into opening them so that people can quit and they just have to shut them down... That's a huge loss of money for a majority of people that aren't going to do a single micro-transaction. This has been discussed I'm sure and it's not worth it to them in the long run. And from a business standpoint, they're right. Stop being self entitled. All the people that aren't really going to play will go back to WoW soon.

The thing is, they have been stating up until now that they were going to have more servers/shards for Open Beta launch, so where are they?
  • zomgitszachzomgitszach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    The thing is, they have been stating up until now that they were going to have more servers/shards for Open Beta launch, so where are they?

Right, And i'm sure they have purchased additional server hardware to support the load they're expecting to have after the initial surge of players that aren't going to stay... A server =/= a shard. You can have multiple shards on a single server... Servers are just clusters of machines that are running the shard(s). Just because there are three shards doesn't mean they didn't upgrade their servers.
    edited April 2013

Yes, but they have a single server architect they dont have to buy more servers just open up more of the available server space for more shards( I know they have room for at least 2 or 3 more)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vidrakvidrak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is exactly why servers in general are a horrible idea. Get with the times. GW2 and Firefall are probably the best server structure of any game ever created. Screw making more servers, let people play with who they want to play with whenever. This isn't 1998 anymore.

The stance of "people will eventually give up" is simply idiotic and detrimental to the game as a whole. The fact that people are sitting in queues for hours on end to start the game is the first turn for any would-be player to just never touch the game again.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    . . . . . The Queue issue is an issue that is being handled as quickly as possible. For now, I am closing this topic until the Queue system is working properly again, as it was intended. If this is still a relevant topic once the Queue System has been repaired and then can adequately be experienced for players to make informed opinions, please feel free to restart the topic. For now, the Queue Issue is so prevalent that it is getting in the way of proper Server Feedback that this thread was intended for, in more ways than just posts.

Please refer to:
    Sticky: Are you in a queue? Read this first!
This discussion has been closed.