test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No native controller support=one less player/customer i.e. me.

nightspipernightspiper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Call me when you reinstate native controller support (it was in beta for a short time). It is 2013. Controller support should be standard in an mmo.

I will pass on the sore wrists tyvm.
Post edited by nightspiper on

Comments

• Options
    ceniebabyceniebaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    Try using a mouse and keyboard for something other than <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Cenie@ceniebaby - Dragon - Cleric - Member of Siren
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    it's a computer game, padawan. get clicky with it.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with wanting controller support, but I'll be honest, this game has the best KB+M layout of any MMO I've played so far. Give it a shot and you may be surprised.
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Call me when you reinstate native controller support. It is 2013. Controller support should be standard in an mmo.

I would not sit by the phone waiting
  • Options
    gevauldingevauldin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    anyone know if their gonna support logitech keyboards? the g13 specificaly
    ...play through the pain...
  • Options
    ynygmaynygma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Try xpadder.

I just installed it yesterday and modified a GW2 profile and it works flawlessly; it is like being on a console. I agree, native controller support would be nice (and I honestly believe it is upcoming) but xpadder will most definitly fit your needs until then

Ynygma
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    it's a computer game, padawan. get clicky with it.

I play lots of computer games with a controller. Champions Online, DCUO, Tera to name a few. The Mech Warrior series was a LOT more fun with a joystick. I am a Jedi Master metaphorically speaking. Controllers are Much more enjoyable for me and no wrist discomfort. It also increases immersion as well in my opinion.

If you prefer a K/M set-up that is your choice and I respect that. There are simply those of us that prefer controllers and I , myself,view K/M controls as outdated tech, no offense.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ynygma wrote: »
    Try xpadder.

I just installed it yesterday and modified a GW2 profile and it works flawlessly; it is like being on a console. I agree, native controller support would be nice (and I honestly believe it is upcoming) but xpadder will most definitely fit your needs until then

Ynygma

Just don't want to have to pay for x-padder when controller support should have been kept in. It was in beta for a short time and should definitely have been re-implemented for launch.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pion01 wrote: »
    I agree with wanting controller support, but I'll be honest, this game has the best KB+M layout of any MMO I've played so far. Give it a shot and you may be surprised.

I played through the second main quest with a keyboard/mouse: sore wrists and annoying game-play but thanks for the courteous post.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMG why remove controller support O_O"

The last two CO engine games ( Champs and Star trek online ) use it . I prefare mouse and keyboard but this is still a backwards step :I
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    I would not sit by the phone waiting

Well, it was implemented in beta for a short time so they can very easily reinstate it and if they are smart they will sooner than later.

Sit by the phone? Um, cellphone/smart-phones. Hello: 2013.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It was here for a while so I suspect that they simply turned it off because they had other priorities. I expect that they will bring it back when they are done frying what ever other fish they currently are working on. Its a bummer but sometimes the items on the priority list just don't land your way.
    gevauldin wrote: »

I am using a G13 already though I did create custom layout from scratch. Haven't checked lately if there is a default layout that you can download yet. But otherwise the G13 works fine.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    kuramabingyikuramabingyi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gevauldin wrote: »

That's probably a matter of the hardware supporting the game.

All that takes is an updated driver from Logitech.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    That's a shame, too bad you couldn't use google before making this post. Google xpadder, have fun, you're welcome.
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I play lots of computer games with a controller. Champions Online, DCUO, Tera to name a few. The Mech Warrior series was a LOT more fun with a joystick. I am a Jedi Master metaphorically speaking. Controllers are Much more enjoyable for me and no wrist discomfort. It also increases immersion as well in my opinion.

If you prefer a K/M set-up that is your choice and I respect that. There are simply those of us that prefer controllers and I , myself,view K/M controls as outdated tech, no offense.

HAHAHAHAH outdated tech. If you love gimping yourself with a controller in an MMO then by all means go for it. Don't cry when you're DEMOLISHED in PvP GET ON MY LEVEL BRAH.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It was here for a while so I suspect that they simply turned it off because they had other priorities. I expect that they will bring it back when they are done frying what ever other fish they currently are working on. Its a bummer but sometimes the items on the priority list just don't land your way.

Yes, that is why I used the term reinstate. More a bummer for them as I am sure they are losing players because of this. maybe not an enormous amount, but they are definitely losing revenue because of their decision to not put said support back in.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    That's a shame, too bad you couldn't use google before making this post. Google xpadder, have fun, you're welcome.

I made a thread, not a post. I am perfectly aware of x-padder as are most pc gamers who utilize controllers: It's a shame that you couldn't have figured that out. You are welcome :)

Controller support should be standard in any new mmo.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    HAHAHAHAH outdated tech. If you love gimping yourself with a controller in an MMO then by all means go for it. Don't cry when you're DEMOLISHED in PvP GET ON MY LEVEL BRAH.

>_> Its not a really a PvP game and its two predecessors both use pads as well ( CO and STO ) and I know a lot of PvPers in both games that are 1: boss at killing people , 2: use pads. Taking pads out for people that want to use them means less options even if we dont like using pads less options are a bad thing.

You just showed your lack of knowledge about this games history and the games that came before it "BRAH".
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Call me when you reinstate native controller support (it was in beta for a short time). It is 2013. Controller support should be standard in an mmo.

um it's a pc game. you will NEVER be able to move and target as quickly and accurately as you can with a mouse. this is not a matter of what you like or prefer - it's a fact.

controller support is and will never be standard in an mmorpg. it is never standard in an mmo. i dare you to play planetside 2 or battlefield 3 on pc with a controller, you will be destroyed left and right.

this isn't pc elitist speak - i have a controller and for the games that were clearly pc ports (dcuo mostly) it works as good as mouse and keyboard, but there are some console ports that it does not (defiance). it's simply a fact.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    >_> Its not a really a PvP game and its two predecessors both use pads as well ( CO and STO ) and I know a lot of PvPers in both games that are 1: boss at killing people , 2: use pads. Taking pads out for people that want to use them means less options even if we dont like using pads less options are a bad thing.

You just showed your lack of knowledge about this games history and the games that came before it "BRAH".

both sto and co have lock-on targeting. this game does not. using them as examples of how the game works just fine with a gamepad is bad.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They had the support in during Alpha at one point if I'm not mistaken..don't know why they removed it. If Truthseeker is around he may be able to tell you.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    alextachealextache Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wow you guys have freakishly weak wrists if they get sore from using kb+m.... also u prolly aren't holding your hands right... so yeah, not really the kb+m's fault :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Yes, outdated tech. I pvped in DCUO and CO quite successfully. Sadly, many pvpers behave like you and use such juvenile vernacular in many cases though. This games mechanics do not favor a K/M set-up over a controller: this is not a First-person-shooter.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    um it's a pc game. you will NEVER be able to move and target as quickly and accurately as you can with a mouse. this is not a matter of what you like or prefer - it's a fact.

controller support is and will never be standard in an mmorpg. it is never standard in an mmo. i dare you to play planetside 2 or battlefield 3 on pc with a controller, you will be destroyed left and right.

this isn't pc elitist speak - i have a controller and for the games that were clearly pc ports (dcuo mostly) it works as good as mouse and keyboard, but there are some console ports that it does not (defiance). it's simply a fact.

Um. there are several new PC mmos that have controller support.

The only games that K/M setups have advantages over controllers are pretty much first person shooters. This is not one

We are typing and reading not speaking.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    alextache wrote: »
    wow you guys have freakishly weak wrists if they get sore from using kb+m.... also u prolly aren't holding your hands right... so yeah, not really the kb+m's fault :)

Ever heard of carpal tunnel? 'Nuff said.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    both sto and co have lock-on targeting. this game does not. using them as examples of how the game works just fine with a gamepad is bad.

I agree with you on mouse and keyboard being better. Your missing my point people should have the option to use the pad if they choose to. Thats the point.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    They had the support in during Alpha at one point if I'm not mistaken..don't know why they removed it. If Truthseeker is around he may be able to tell you.

Yes, I know which is why I used the term reinstate but thank you.
  • Options
    txhorns233txhorns233 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lmao. go play xbox.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I made a thread, not a post. I am perfectly aware of x-padder as are most pc gamers who utilize controllers: It's a shame that you couldn't have figured that out. You are welcome :)

Controller support should be standard in any new mmo.

There's a difference between a thread and a post on a message board? Please explain, I have been using the term post since the EQ boards in 1999, this is the first time I was told that was the wrong term. Please explain the difference, thanks.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    txhorns233 wrote: »
    lmao. go play xbox.

/Looks at avtar.

There is Irony here I just know it. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
This discussion has been closed.