Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    chamos1chamos1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Fix incoming.

Yo, dawg? But seriously, it'll be a quick fix for some players who still cannot log in.

Game crashes when trying to create a character right after selecting a server. Is this a known issue?
  • Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited April 2013
    I think this is a serious issue and bad solution to download a new .exe file.

People might not chasing forums, they are just expecting you to *fix* the issue, not fixing it themselves.

Just saying.
  • Options
    selesthielselesthiel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    403 errors on IE 10 - Looking into it!

I'm using IE 9 and getting this error, however, 2 of the screenshots where IE 8 and IE 10, respectively.
  • Options
    azaggrimazaggrim Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Considering that theres so much hassle with all the cryptic accounts // PWE merging and all that kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I have no idea which account is which anymore and getting wrong / invalid username / password <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> every other time, I do suspect that this IE error might be connected to the accounts... You try to log in with another account but its not linked to the other so it fails or something like that... just my guess... sigh...
  • Options
    illindurillindur Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me everything is working great now!
    Thank you very much for fixing the problem and care about us, simple gamers.
    Keep up the good work and have a nice evening! :)
  • Options
    rathalirrathalir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My computer is still running IE 9 and I'm getting the same IE 403 errors.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't understand what IE has to do with it. i don't even use IE, i use Chrome.
  • Options
    jero500jero500 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zychrias wrote: »
    Getting a 403 error? Try clearing your IE cache...

This did not work, and even uninstalling IE has no effect.
  • Options
    robertflu321robertflu321 Member Posts: 85
    edited April 2013
    what i don t get is why it don t reconize my other pwe account
  • Options
    fakertjefakertje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    403 Error..
    fakertje3zvhl8.jpg
  • Options
    lieverliever Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    joxbard wrote: »
    This is what Im getting as well

Same error as me. :(
  • Options
    firehaven2firehaven2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I still get kicked off. i open it and get to create character screen and it wont load the trickster rouge textures. says theres a corrupt pigg file but thats bs cuz ive reinstalled 3 times now
  • Options
    blablatonessblablatoness Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Am I the only one who ahs to patch 4 GB? Other people are already ingame or trying to login, and I have to download the patch with a very slow downloadrate? :S
  • Options
    tehbeztehbez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Confirmed that replacing the Neverwinter.exe works for the patcher error, check first page of this thread!

For players with a "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function" error, please download this file and replace your Neverwinter.exe file with this where you installed the game.

Enjoy
  • Options
    shepherd77shepherd77 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kidmartian wrote: »
    when i try with email address it goes to an internet explorer error
    Yeah, same here. With my username it says 'invalid username/password'. Mindgames :p
  • Options
    shiftnativeshiftnative Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I use Firefox and I still get the IE 403 error, it brings up my IE even though I haven't touched internet explorer in years and firefox is my default browser!
  • Options
    hidokeihidokei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I use my founders account it lets me log in patch and play game.. but when I use a newly created account today for the open beta it gives me the 403 error maybe that will help in some way?

New account gives me the 2 windows of 403 errors
  • Options
    thetruelibrathetruelibra Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Thanks for looking into this. Is there any work around in the meantime? Like using a different internet browser? and uninstalling IE?
  • Options
    sparkleavsparkleav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I actually tried just before the post about the downloadable file (downloaded it just in case) but the launcher started patching without it (so haven't used it.)
  • Options
    mmatthusmmatthus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Just to add some more info, I'm getting the same 403 error with IE 9.
  • Options
    paytowinfanpaytowinfan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay why can't i log in despite having put in the correct name and pw?
  • Options
    scandinavicascandinavica Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still get instant crash when clicking Login.
  • Options
    acheat55acheat55 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So no clue if this posted before but... I wanted to share my sad story right fast.... So I've been trying to get my wife to play a mmo with me for years n years now .. I finally got her to say alright today to trying this mmo with me... and all this stuff happened to the launcher... but on top of that her login / PW got messed up and now won't fix so she had to make 2 accounts and got so frustrated with that on top of waiting for the launcher to fix she just said "never-mind, this just is not worth it... It's not fun to sit around mad about a stupid game" got off her computer and said she didn't want to try again sorry. =/ Not blaming ya'll but just sux that I could of potentially had something i enjoyed to share with my wife... but lost the opportunity due to the launcher messing up =/ .. 2 her defense she waited almost 3 hours at her computer reading forums and spamming her launcher the same as me... guess she tried... =/
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    I use Firefox and I still get the IE 403 error, it brings up my IE even though I haven't touched internet explorer in years and firefox is my default browser!
    hidokei wrote: »
    When I use my founders account it lets me log in patch and play game.. but when I use a newly created account today for the open beta it gives me the 403 error maybe that will help in some way?

New account gives me the 2 windows of 403 errors

Did you replace the Neverwinter.exe file as advised on the first post?
  • Options
    hanszwackhanszwack Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why is the launcher starting IE? even if my default http-handler is FIREFOX? thats not right, and this might be the error @all
  • Options
    sojsfjapdssojsfjapds Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I get the 403 error too. I'm wondering if it might be down to me downloading the game from one of the mirrors?
  • Options
    polardota123polardota123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013

YES, replacing the .exe has no effect. The problem persists.
  • Options
    syto123syto123 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guees I will never play this game.I asked for help about "When I try to log in its say Wrong password or Username.I make already 5 accaunt and its say for each that.I really dont know what to do anymore.Pls help me.And yes I enter correct info becaus I can log in on website,but on lancher not :(" But seems noone care :)
  • Options
    fakertjefakertje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Affirmative
    fakertje3zvhl8.jpg
  • Options
    gromwaldgromwald Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I have 403
    AND I USED NEW EXE
    Still have 403
This discussion has been closed.