test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open Beta Launch = FAIL

Comments

• demandred1980demandred1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Additional JVMs and clusters are cheap, especially when you will only need them for a month. There is a much bigger price tag attached to lost customers and damaged reputation.

Anyone leaving a company because of this is just stupid in my opinion, unless you are new to things work. Takes half a day to a whole day to sort out this issue, and this is exactly what a beta test is for.

You talk about reputation and Cryptic Studio already has a well established one. This is nothing new under the sun, and people should stop acting like idiots and chill out. The world isn't ending tomorrow (at least I hope) so why all this fuss and anger over something that was to be expected in the first place?
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No MMO has had a smooth launch. Ever. Most new games don't even have smooth launches.

It will be sorted out. Look at it this way, there are more people that want to play than were anticipated (even including the 10-20% overage that estimates use in every industry). That's a good thing.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • demandred1980demandred1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would you look at that... just over an hour and it is fixed. Sadly this will not stop people from complaining about something. What a miserable creature humans are.
  • wolfpaqdwolfpaqd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dont know why MMO companies dont WAY overestimate to provide a smooth launch. They can always take servers down later. I am so used to this that I am not even shocked. Every. Single. MMO. You'd think that someone would eventually get it right.

Because Every. Single. MMO. is in business to make money. When your goal is to make money, spending money on things like backup login servers that will never be necessary or used again after the opening rush is not a worthwhile expenditure.

Your lost customers and damaged reputation argument is complete BS. No one is going to quit because they can't log in and play on day 1 hour 1 minute 1 of beta launch. No one is going to think "oh cryptic sux never buying one of their games again". Name 1 popular MMO that hasn't had those problems. Guarantee you can't. But no, you're right. World of Warcraft was a complete failure due to all the issues Blizzard had around launch. Damaged their reputation bigtime. No one bought D3. No one plays WoW anymore. Blizzcon didn't sell out in milliseconds @ $175 a pop.

Oh wait, we live in reality. None of that is true, and your argument is bogus.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also by calling it beta does that mean the Zen we spend now will be refunded when it's no longer "beta"? If not then it isn't really beta in my opinion, regardless of what they want to call it.

In CB it was like this but now I am not sure: if there aren't any wipe, probably not?
  • bufffybufffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    crashed nice job pwe this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happened shame on you if you r going to do something at least do it right or not at all
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would you look at that... just over an hour and it is fixed. Sadly this will not stop people from complaining about something. What a miserable creature humans are.

yeah one hour downtime on the day OB opens and we already have people spazzing hard... doesn't bide well, does it?
  • robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, what the hell happened to my preferential que system? Don't kick me out, kick out a froob.

Also fix the Panther already. It's the most useless pet ever and no way should a white companion be better than it in every possible aspect.
  • teehendeeteehendee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do I log in using my email or display name?
  • capicanut0capicanut0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it is kind fail launch it is true. It was usual to see fail launches in mmorpg. But in last months there was a big lak of them. A find it strange because PW it is a big company whit a lot of big tittles.
  • harsiharsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neroist wrote: »
    Not true my friends that are logged in are logging on and off the game while my launcher is blank. It has been like that BEFORE it went live @ noon.

u have tryd to run as admin ? becouse first time i tryd to run it normal and i got the same blank launcher, after that i tryd as admin and it worked just fine
    capicanut0 wrote: »
    it is kind fail launch it is true. It was usual to see fail launches in mmorpg. But in last months there was a big lak of them. A find it strange because PW it is a big company whit a lot of big tittles.

wuut?
  • cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    Yeah, what the hell happened to my preferential que system? Don't kick me out, kick out a froob.

aspect.

Exactly I was at the final boss in a daily dungeon when I got kicked out because of the launch :(,
    what happened to our priority loggin due to us preordering and buying the game :(.
    still cant get back in been over 2 hours since I was kicked out,
    launchers finally no longer white but now its not patching,
    says patching but nothings happening.
    edited April 2013
    harsi wrote: »
    u have tryd to run as admin ? becouse first time i tryd to run it normal and i got the same blank launcher, after that i tryd as admin and it worked just fine

wuut?

Works fine as normal user, it's just getting hammered.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    your thread - FAIL
  • skelnrothskelnroth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's threads like this that make me step back and think, why do i bother playing online games, people really need to get a grip and have more patience. it sickens me what communities have turned into. complete dog <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skelnroth wrote: »
    It's threads like this that make me step back and think, why do i bother playing online games, people really need to get a grip and have more patience. it sickens me what communities have turned into. complete dog <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Ayup. There are some good folks in game though.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • romario007romario007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    username*******
  • vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [The Epic Meme has been epicly removed - Ambisinisterr]

LMAO! That pic!! :D
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skelnroth wrote: »

Don't sweat it, the vast majority of them want to whine about something anyway, if it wasn't this it would be something else.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • willadarkeaglewilladarkeagle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrbluebird wrote: »
    The picture was really stupid, and probably violates the forum rules.

However, you are a really unpleasant and condescending person, and your response to the photo was just as bad as the photo itself.

I expect that instead of taking the reasonable approach and analyzing the way you react to other people, you'll likely just lash out at me for pointing it out. That's fine. I don't mind really.

Won't change the fact that you're really uppity and probably a pretty miserable individual. Kind of sad.

This^^^Awesome!
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Isn't this the case with most MMO laucnhes? Spam the launcher till it works! xD

no it's not the case with 'most' mmo's. it was the case with enough high-profile mmo launches to make people THINK it's normal, but it is not.
  • nefertis28nefertis28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    u want too talk about bad mmo launch, look a defiance terrible launch and its b2p.
  • smognightsmognight Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    Guys chill-out lol. remember LOL and other games at start. Its not only never winter that has problems with it..
    Lets see whats gonna happen on weekend launch of Marvel-heroes maybe gonna be same thing.

chillout we will all play no worrys :D
  • moonglums101moonglums101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It was a failure on many different levels. The dev have a lot of redeeming to do.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nefertis28 wrote: »
    u want too talk about bad mmo launch, look a defiance terrible launch and its b2p.

defiance did not have a horrible pc launch. it had a horrible xbox 360 launch. it's not the same thing.
    edited April 2013
    smognight wrote: »
    Guys chill-out lol. remember LOL and other games at start. Its not only never winter that has problems with it..
    Lets see whats gonna happen on weekend launch of Marvel-heroes maybe gonna be same thing.

chillout we will all play no worrys :D

marvel heroes had issues during the ign beta weekend. this coming weekend is an actual open beta for that game.
  • breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    O0oh, a mom joke.
    10/10 for originality. GG.

You go girl! +1
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And once again we have the predictable post by a bunch of people with no clue on the reality of developing a game making statements to explain how terrible a product must be based on the first hour of it's existence.

The only epic fail are the people crying fail on this game already. Actually epic fail is the wrong choice of words, epic losers fit better.

For those that might be offended by my post I ask your forgiveness, this BS just torques me off.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Cant wait to get home and try it out for myself. And if I can't get in, I'll go take a nap.

I am mature enough to understand whats involved with a launch.
  • breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrbluebird wrote: »
    The picture was really stupid, and probably violates the forum rules.

However, you are a really unpleasant and condescending person, and your response to the photo was just as bad as the photo itself.

I expect that instead of taking the reasonable approach and analyzing the way you react to other people, you'll likely just lash out at me for pointing it out. That's fine. I don't mind really.

Won't change the fact that you're really uppity and probably a pretty miserable individual. Kind of sad.

No it wasn't. And in addition you're being condescending BECAUSE she's a woman. There are 50 previous posts in this very thread by men that are genuinely rude, but I don't see you 'schooling' them. I'm all for uppity women! When men are 'uppity' you call them BRAVE and BOLD. When women are uppity you call us *****es. All I want to say Mr. Blue Bird, is STFU.

And I'm not miserable at all, I'm hilarious.
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf