What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kartofflens GWF destroyer compendium

Comments

• Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hes absolutely right about focusing on unstoppable.
  • Options
    purutzilpurutzil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kelteel wrote: »
    Well, a half orc would do more damage, while a human would have better defense. The Build suggested by the TE does use the 3 "human feat points" in a defensive talent and humans also get +3% defense.

Thats what I was thinking but plugging in numbers myself (assuming 54 point total with human) just using this build the bonus crit % would be mitigated by feats. The defense added with steely defense (given they are additive) would be effectively 18% defense boost so 3.6% extra damage from defense with the bonus for all damage (give my math is right and it does work addictive).

Half-orcs would just get 2 more dex (2% crit witch talents could mitigate) so 2% AoE resist and 1% deflect. The 5% Crit damage doesn't seem all that much (If additive). Its almost making it seem like human would actually trump out Half-orc in damage (perhaps very high crit rate could change this) while also mitigating more damage.

Of course, it does depend a lot on how well stats like defense scale for GWF and the way stats work, but to me just skimming over, it seems the advantage orc might have to damage would only likely take place at high crit %, otherwise it would be the same if not lower, while also losing a good bit of extra defense.
    GWF level 60 (Beholder) - The pains of leveling!
    Cleric level 5X (Dragon) - Holy goblin so much easier!
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    no the 3 xtra feat points will out way the 1/2Orcs stat bonus. (esp when fixed)
  • Options
    fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Why do you use roar? I basically have the same build, a few tweeks and roar seems to be horrible. You're far better off with Daring Shout if you took roar for the Determination or Battle Fury for damage. Personally I use Takedown for the prone and single target damage. All you really need is WMS for AoE.
  • Options
    kartofflenkartofflen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    Roar critsfor 2.6 k at 60 and five or more targets gives nearly full unstoppable bar.
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice info guide here, I'm starting my GWF despite all the negativity on the forum, I'm glad someone took their time and post their build that actually works.

Appreciated it, thumbs up
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'll be running this build in epic dungeons all day today, will report my findings.
  • Options
    cerek2cerek2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    Stats are better than Heroic Feat points. This will remain true even when the Heroic Feats are working properly. This is partly because for the most part, the GWF Heroic Feats are pretty bad other than a few that any race can get with the first 20 points.

Also, you have to make your optimal build, using a level 60 build, with both the Human and the Half-Orc (for example) and then compare the cold hard "numerical" differences.

You can't say, "oh the Human gets 3 more heroic points and therefore gets the +3 critical strike talent". The Half-Orc can grab this talent as well. Don't just give the Half-Orc crappy selections in order to say the Human is better, lol.

Again, you need to build "your" optimal GWF using both races and then fairly add in those 3 heroic feat points only AFTER the first 20 points are spent doing what you feel is the best job you can do with them. Then compare it to the Half-Orc with the additional +2 to a stat and the other racial abilities of both races.

People are doing disingenuous comparisons on here because they want one race to be better.

I did this exact comparison using my own build and I did not find the Human to be better. It was extremely close, it was a toss up, however my selection was the Half-Orc. I would not do it over either.
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ^ that post is indeed true.

But as for my personal preference, I always prefer human when it has the option to pick Race :)
  • Options
    kartofflenkartofflen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    Kinda why I noted that race is more or less pick whatever in the beginning I stated an opInion as regular gear stats will increase faster then further levels will come. At a point it becomes a game of diminishing returns and percentages.
  • Options
    akwartz01akwartz01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    therepster wrote: »
    Otherwise, pros and cons for either side end up being what looks better in a suit of Scale Mail.

Which makes Halfling the only logical choice. You know it.
  • Options
    dragonray46dragonray46 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok been following this thread still not clear as far as stats are concerned what should I be starting with,
    20 str,dex or con ?
  • Options
    kgl7kgl7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    curious, what is that makes feats be bugged?

I'm asking as I see "feats getting fixed" in several topics now.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The tool tips don't update and there are no buff icons to indicate the feat is changing the stats they claim. Its not to say they are broken or not working as intended just there are no value updates to say they are either.
  • Options
    chym34chym34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And how should I put my GWF Ability scores points once I'm leveling i.e. lvl 10,20 etc.. ? all in STR or mix with DEX and CON , is there a cap ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ok been following this thread still not clear as far as stats are concerned what should I be starting with,
    20 str,dex or con ?

I started with 18 str as adrow can't remember the dex(at work cant check). But all stat on level went str dex.
  • Options
    tsukkktsukkk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What attacks are you using while unstoppable? I am not sure if I should stick to atwills only during it, or encounters aswell(to profit the action point increase more?) ?

Also why you think dex is better then con?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    tsukkk wrote: »
    What attacks are you using while unstoppable? I am not sure if I should stick to atwills only during it, or encounters aswell(to profit the action point increase more?) ?

Also why you think dex is better then con?

^ I'm curious about this question as well.

Thanks Kartofflen
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ^ I'm curious about this question as well.

Thanks Kartofflen

personalyl i like to stick to onwill so i dont break the constant flow of DPS while unstoppable.

my 'rotation' is daily (if i have it), encounters, unstoppable, then encounters are back, etc
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    My typical flow for unstoppable is. 1X WMS to get debuff than followed by flourish and IBS than again with 1x WMS either spamming WMS depending on targets or swap to sure strike for whats left.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So you basically use like 3-4 at wills during unstopable and 2 encounters... interesting :) Wouldnt sticking to WMS and sure strike net more dmg?

Also if you could express yourself at the dex vs con, since I did not find it itt.
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What ability points did you go for?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    tsukkk wrote: »
    So you basically use like 3-4 at wills during unstopable and 2 encounters... interesting :) Wouldnt sticking to WMS and sure strike net more dmg?

Also if you could express yourself at the dex vs con, since I did not find it itt.

In the con VS dex debate i side with dex being as there is not a feat to convert any stats into crit. However there is one to convert recovery into arpen by 25%. So best to go that way and the build relies heavily on crits for debuffs and dots. And also probably not as in the short animation for flourish and IBS they can crit for over 20k in less than 1/4th the bar of unstoppable. I highly doubt i could do that with sure strike on the elite targets.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply... now If I could ask you how you rolled out your stats at start? Im afraid I screwed up and favored const instead of dex :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    18 str 15 dex 13 con 11 int 11 wis 11 cha
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kartofflen wrote: »
    My typical flow for unstoppable is. 1X WMS to get debuff than followed by flourish and IBS than again with 1x WMS either spamming WMS depending on targets or swap to sure strike for whats left.

what is WMS? xD sorry, im a newbie
  • Options
    xdreeganxxdreeganx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is WMS? xD sorry, im a newbie

Weapon Master Strike. Your Paragon At-Will
    MQl1o52.png
    Arrows and Blades do not have names on them.
    They are addressed, "To whom it may concern.."
  • Options
    tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What did you spend your points into and at what rank (1,2,3)? I'm only lvl 5 or so atm.. I'm going to try and follow this build and see how things go.. thx for the guide
  • Options
    tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kartofflen wrote: »
    18 str 15 dex 13 con 11 int 11 wis 11 cha

Why didn't you go for 20 Str? I went for 20 str as a Human.. Thinking that was the main stat for GWF
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ignooooooooooooooooore