What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Open Beta Launch = FAIL

Comments

• Options
    kadinkohlekadinkohle Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone else downloading via the torrent? I get spikes where it goes to about 400kB/sec but then normalizes at about 20. I might be here all week... lol
  • Options
    karst1989karst1989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That would be the proper response. And everyone that keeps saying it's not a launch, it's an open beta is pretty funny. You can put lipstick on a pig and call it your wife, but at the end of the day, it's still a pig. The only reason why they are calling it open beta is because they knew they would have issues. Cryptic does not have the time, resources, or funding to open more servers at a whim, purchase multiple log-in servers, or handle the influx of foaming at the mouth fans.
    But after playing early access, I will say they made a decent quality product that is tons of fun, though it's very linear and limited. At least they didn't try to sell you the pig and say it's a super model like ea and bioware did with tor.

Thank you! Thank. You.
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    gair22 wrote: »
    You clearly missed the analogy he was providing. Besides I'm sure you never actually read the forums rules with a million other people. (as you go and read them now to pretend you actually had read them)

Are you serious? Don't even.
    I'm usually on these forums all day, every day.
    I know what's appropriate and what is not.

If I had the patience, I would go back to threads where youtube links and non-game related pictures were removed by mod's.
    How ironic it is that you try to insist that I don't know the rules, when it's quite clear that YOU don't.
    Whether it was an "analogy" or not, it's against policy to post stuff like that.

Be gone, peasant.
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    sorry your right, i should have got your mothers permission first.

O0oh, a mom joke.
    10/10 for originality. GG.
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    This was a result of many players attempting to log in at once. We're going to resolve it very shortly. Thanks for being patient!

"Shortly" one hour on!
  • Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    /signed!!!!!!!!!
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let the mods do their jobs then....why bother being such an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> eh?
    Let the mods know If the picture upsets you so much..let me guess the person in the picture is you? :p
  • Options
    jimrains86jimrains86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cragarion wrote: »
    Bah total failure on launch founders in game were kicked out,
    launcher cant cope so we cant get back in,
    And forums so packed it takes 2 mins just for a page to open :( :mad: .

O.M.G ITS ******* BETA!!!!!!!!

From Wikipedia:
    "In computing the term "beta" is used as (usually) the last pre-release in the software release life cycle."

Educate yourselves before making <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> posts...
  • Options
    winterneveragainwinterneveragain Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    DUDE, dont use pewds words:mad:
  • Options
    prinnysupremacyprinnysupremacy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Their twitter said that you can't log in if you try to get around the launcher, regardless if the launcher is up or not.
  • Options
    mrbluebirdmrbluebird Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    Are you serious? Don't even.
    I'm usually on these forums all day, every day.
    I know what's appropriate and what is not.

If I had the patience, I would go back to threads where youtube links and non-game related pictures were removed by mod's.
    How ironic it is that you try to insist that I don't know the rules, when it's quite clear that YOU don't.
    Whether it was an "analogy" or not, it's against policy to post stuff like that.

Be gone, peasant.

The picture was really stupid, and probably violates the forum rules.

However, you are a really unpleasant and condescending person, and your response to the photo was just as bad as the photo itself.

I expect that instead of taking the reasonable approach and analyzing the way you react to other people, you'll likely just lash out at me for pointing it out. That's fine. I don't mind really.

Won't change the fact that you're really uppity and probably a pretty miserable individual. Kind of sad.
  • Options
    kuchiguzzzzzzkuchiguzzzzzz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverlogin GG
  • Options
    demandred1980demandred1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2. Post or transmit sexually explicit images, text or other content that is deemed by PWE staff to be offensive.

Ayamata, the key word here is "explicit."

Explicit
    Adjective
    Stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.

There is nothing sexual about this image. It does not portray any sexual act or nudity.

However, there is something else:
    I am sorry but we must ask that everyone cut back and cease from posting these animated GIFs, Youtube Links and other "Meme's" as responses to discussions. Most of the time, these things have little to do with the discussion and as of late, have gotten so numerous that we have been asked to chomp down on these and remove their overuse and misuse on the forums.

From now on, any links, graphics and/or other "memes" that are posted, that are not directly related to the topic, will either be edited out or their posts removed entirely.

It is ok to be a prude, ayamata, however, no one likes the attitude you are displaying.

To everyone else, use your head and don't post stupid memes and the like, it makes you look worse them ayamata.
  • Options
    patraqushepatraqushe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Isn't this the case with most MMO laucnhes? Spam the launcher till it works! xD

So you are telling everyone that it supposes to be like this because it is the case with most MMO launches?
  • Options
    booradleyshousebooradleyshouse Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kadinkohle wrote: »
    Anyone else downloading via the torrent? I get spikes where it goes to about 400kB/sec but then normalizes at about 20. I might be here all week... lol

Try out the link from Gamefront. I tried the normal download and it just stuck at 0%. Through Gamefront, it has a download time of 2 hours.
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dont know why MMO companies dont WAY overestimate to provide a smooth launch. They can always take servers down later. I am so used to this that I am not even shocked. Every. Single. MMO. You'd think that someone would eventually get it right.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I dont know why MMO companies dont WAY overestimate to provide a smooth launch. They can always take servers down later. I am so used to this that I am not even shocked. Every. Single. MMO. You'd think that someone would eventually get it right.

It is simple, underestimating the need for the service means you are not over paying for service. This is standard practice and it will never change.
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    "Shortly" one hour on!
    well, it's pretty guaranteed it will be sooner then Blizzard's Soon(tm) or Soon-ish(tm)... so "shortly" is adequate
  • Options
    edited April 2013

It is simple, underestimating the need for the service means you are not over paying for service. This is standard practice and it will never change.
  • Options
    keichan2371keichan2371 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Saying that it's working as intended is just an excuse. From a post above with the hole enough for 10 players to fit in, but can't take a thousand: If you're hyping and advertising your game on every major site, and all your games using the same login server, then don't make a f-ing hole that only allows 10 people to enter. Expect at least a hundred at the same time. Yes it's working as intended, coz they planned it wrong, and they knew this would happen. It's affecting all their games. Yet, they went on with the plan. I also understand, that they can't buy more servers for launch, as many people will quit the game after a few days. But they should have some back-up stuff, or some dedicated launch servers for new games and expansions, basically ANYTHING for these kind of situations. This will happen again when STO:LoR will launch. Can't even get angry at them, but still disappointed.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Money.

10/Chars
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You should protest by not paying the monthly.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cragarion wrote: »
    Bah total failure on launch founders in game were kicked out,
    launcher cant cope so we cant get back in,
    And forums so packed it takes 2 mins just for a page to open :( :mad: .

I did NOT get booted and I am still in game. As for the issues...I cannot remember the last time a game that was POPULAR launched without a hitch.

I would imagine at least 300,000 people are trying to log in and that number will keep going up later in the day when people get out of work/school. Deal with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Additional JVMs and clusters are cheap, especially when you will only need them for a month. There is a much bigger price tag attached to lost customers and damaged reputation.
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Happy arguing because i got in. Bye bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I did NOT get booted and I am still in game. As for the issues...I cannot remember the last time a game that was POPULAR launched without a hitch.

I would imagine at least 300,000 people are trying to log in and that number will keep going up later in the day when people get out of work/school. Deal with it.

Says the guy who is happily playing :-\ Log out and let someone else take a turn.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Haha enjoy your 5 minutes of laggy gameplay before you are booted.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Additional JVMs and clusters are cheap, especially when you will only need them for a month. There is a much bigger price tag attached to lost customers and damaged reputation.

It's Open Beta,I'd imagine that one of the things they test is server load/capacity and try to stress it. Remember:Open Beta. As in a Beta Open to Everyone
  • Options
    neroistneroist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not true my friends that are logged in are logging on and off the game while my launcher is blank. It has been like that BEFORE it went live @ noon.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that would be the proper response . and everyone that keeps saying its not a launch its a open beta is pretty funny you can put lipstick on a pig and call it your wife but at the end of the days its still a pig. the only reason why they are calling it bopen beta is because they knew they would have issues. Cryptic does not have the time, resources ,or funding to open more server at a whim. Nor purchase multiple log in servers or handle the influx of foaming at the mouth fans.
    But after playing early access i will say they made a decent quality product that is tons of fun though its very linear and limited. At least they didnt try to sell you the Pig and say its a super model Like EA and bioware did with TOR.

Also by calling it beta does that mean the Zen we spend now will be refunded when it's no longer "beta"? If not then it isn't really beta in my opinion, regardless of what they want to call it.