test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please have a smooth launch <3

limitationxlimitationx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

I am hoping this game has the smoothest launch since the birth of Christ, I've just booked a couple of days off work in hope to power level this with my brother like old times.

If the servers are unstable/down, I will hunt you down and maul your face like Luiz Suarez :)
Post edited by limitationx on

Comments

• tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2013
    Good luck with your adventures! All I can tell you is that being level 60 is fun fun =)
  • hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Try not to crash the server. good luck with your adventure.

Early access was smooth.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    since when was the birth of christ smooth lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • limitationxlimitationx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    since when was the birth of christ smooth lol

Since it didn't happen, it doesn't get much smoother ^.- ( Only joking.. )

The game looks brilliant, I played the Beta and loved it.. I cried for 6 hours straight braiding my hair like a young girl who just lost a loved pony named Geoff when the servers closed.. and I'm a guy.

I have no idea what I'm on about.
    edited April 2013
    lmfao i considered putting something like that but was being nice
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    5 more hours :D I too have booked a few days off for this game.
    Next week I will pump some wonga into the game when I get payed :D
  • faustasdmfaustasdm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh i hope servers are ready for this.
    Artificer.jpg
    edited April 2013
    OB is the real stress test i hope they have fire extinguishers at the ready just in-case lol
    edited April 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    5 more hours :D I

**** you.. I don't get home till 6pm.. That's a whole 1 hour less playtime then anyone else.. I demand double exp :D
    edited April 2013
    It was 6 more hours I was mistaken :( .
    5pm in the UK.
    Trying to pass the time with rubbish TV shows and maybe a movie....time is going so slow.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Ever since the countdown came up I've been of the opinion that it's counting down until the server crashes from a giant mass of people all trying to get in at the same time. That even influenced my opinion to get a Guardian pack, knowing that the game wouldn't actually be playable again for probably several days after the 30th. I've been trying to cram as much playtime as possible into this headstart period in preparation.
  • faustasdmfaustasdm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    Ever since the countdown came up I've been of the opinion that it's counting down until the server crashes from a giant mass of people all trying to get in at the same time. That even influenced my opinion to get a Guardian pack, knowing that the game wouldn't actually be playable again for probably several days after the 30th. I've been trying to cram as much playtime as possible into this headstart period in preparation.

Now this is what i call preparing... :D
    Artificer.jpg
  • baconator33baconator33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Way to crush my hopes and dreams astazia. XD
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i smell huge waiting queue waiting everyone today :(,hope im wrong
    edited April 2013
    ,knowing that the game wouldn't actually be playable again for probably several days after the 30th.

This is not the news I wanted to hear in the slightest :, I have faith in the servers.. don't fail me :D
    edited April 2013
    Positive thinking people, positive thinking...the servers will cope with us all joining bang on 5pm :D
    edited April 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Positive thinking people, positive thinking...the servers will cope with us all joining bang on 5pm :D

I finish work at like 6, then I'm driving to my brothers to set both pcs up side by side to prepare Guardian/Cleric side by side ownage - So I'm aiming for 7pm.. I can only hope by then any issues have been ironed out.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Me and the server log in going have a showdown at high noon.It won't take long but it be bloody.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • babinrobabinro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If it's a smooth launch than the game has failed :P

Pretty much all big name titles are lag filled upon launch due to server overload.
    I want to play Neverwinter today but I'm not getting my hopes up for a playable experience.
  • warchiefgarroshwarchiefgarrosh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most game crash because so many people login as once lets just hope this don't happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eliseren1tyeliseren1ty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bah...
    Double xp?
    I'm going to enjoy lvl 1 for as long as I can.
    // here be dragons
    CRect HAMSTER; // darn near killed'em
    my $search_key = $something_else;
    foreach (keys %some_hash) {
    if ($_ eq $search_key) {
    do_something($_);
    }
    else();
    }
    locked by NullUserException
  • battl3hamm3rbattl3hamm3r Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been waiting for a good new MMO in classic fantasy settings for a long time... and it's freaking Neverwinter, I just love Forgotten Realms, I have like 60 books !!! =D

See you fellow nerds in-game !
    edited April 2013
    I've changed my underwear 5 times today, 4 were unrelated to the game but none the less... the hype is immense - I'm having a footlong subway with double meat.. I shall need the nutrients for tonight.
  • justawitnessjustawitness Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've never played a game that didn't have a smooth launch

Face piles of trials with smiles.
    edited April 2013
    boo is squeeking with much excitment lol
  • granatargranatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Worst case:

the servers will crash in the first hour with over 1 billion users try to flood logging on at the same time.

Best case:

the servers will run smooth with over 1 billion users trying to log in at the same time.

What I expect will happen,

I get on and play in less then 3 hours and have fun.
    edited April 2013
    I expect to get on by about 9pm, which suits me fine as I have no intention on going to bed :)
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've never played a game that didn't have a smooth launch

This is why they are not calling it a launch but more of an open beta launch. People get too anal about official launches and all the problems that come with it.

All official launches are open beta anyways, Cryptic is just calling it what it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    tilvius wrote: »
    Good luck with your adventures! All I can tell you is that being level 60 is fun fun =)

Having not played the game yet and being very new to D&D universe, how is being level 60 fun? What sets Neverwinter apart from any other game at max level? Neverwinter has dungeons, but so does any other game. Neverwinter isnt the first action based non tab target game out there. Currently there are no raids. From what I can tell, endgame equates to acquiring massive amounts of astral diamonds.

Im not trying to be snide or rude, I really am curious why people say this game is any different from other games...especially at level cap.

Educate me :)
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've changed my underwear 5 times today, 4 were unrelated to the game but none the less... the hype is immense - I'm having a footlong subway with double meat.. I shall need the nutrients for tonight.

Haha.

What do you people do with your lives that you are able to set aside and devote this much time to a launch? Sure, I used to do this with WoW...and I did with GW2 to an extent. But I cant take 4 days off of work, order tons of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> food, and play for dozens of hours at a clip. I have a career, wife, kid, yard work, chores around the house.

How do you people do it? Im guessing you are between the ages of 17-23 or something... To be young again...