Install Arc

Please have a smooth launch <3

2»

Comments

• limitationxlimitationx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Haha.

How do you people do it? Im guessing you are between the ages of 17-23 or something... To be young again...

I'm 22 - I work full time, have a girlfriend and play football some evenings.. however,

1 ) I never truly grew up and I never intend on it.

2 ) The girlfriend goes to a university 4hours away so weekdays are my gaming days.

3 ) I booked one day off work, tomorrow. So I could come home from work tonight and play the entire night without working looming the next day.

Rest assured though, Thursday 9-6 kicks in again : /
  • badxideasbadxideas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    With less than 30 minutes until Open Beta (for us non-heroic founder types) I am literally jumping out of my chair with anticipation. I have been waiting for this for a while (even though I still play and enjoy DDO). The first hours in a new game are always some of the most fun and truly exciting.

...And although I have been a D&D advocate, DM and player since the 80's I have absolutely no experience with 4th edition! I imagine a lot of it is intuitive to an old D&D player, but I am already starting to feel overwhelmed with nEwbishness.

So I just have this one question right now: I have searched the wiki, the forums, and the web for a simple list of acronyms used in Neverwinter. I can't think of anything more useful but I just can't find any reference for this. Can anyone recommend or link some kind of new player guide or some such? I really just want to know the most used acronyms so that when I group up with some people and they start throwing misc. letters around I could maybe actually know what they are talking about :)

In any case, 17 minutes to go. I am praying it is a smooth launch 'cause Im hitting 'Play' button the second that timer hits zero!
    Amillion Bucks L60 obsolete GF
    Amillion Dollars L60 'easy mode' GWF
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Haha.

What do you people do with your lives that you are able to set aside and devote this much time to a launch? Sure, I used to do this with WoW...and I did with GW2 to an extent. But I cant take 4 days off of work, order tons of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> food, and play for dozens of hours at a clip. I have a career, wife, kid, yard work, chores around the house.

How do you people do it? Im guessing you are between the ages of 17-23 or something... To be young again...

Heck I wish Iam 39 :D but the wife left me last year for being to immature :D (Gamer) not bothered she was a right witch :D
  • limitationxlimitationx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Heck I wish Iam 39 :D but the wife left me last year for being to immature :D (Gamer) not bothered she was a right witch :D

If she couldn't accept you for being a gamer she doesn't deserve ya man!

If my girlfriend ever said "Me or the games" Well, I'd miss her.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    I was in the middle of a dungeon when it went live, didn't even notice it had passed the time until I finished and looked at the clock. Seems to be smooth so far, but I notice the forums starting to get a bit slow.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Ah, I see why the game servers didn't crash, nobody could log in. :p

I hate being right about these things. Hopefully it's just a few hours, but I expect more problems once all these people crashing the launcher actually get to the game servers.
  • gallantflamegallantflame Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    badxideas wrote: »
    So I just have this one question right now: I have searched the wiki, the forums, and the web for a simple list of acronyms used in Neverwinter. I can't think of anything more useful but I just can't find any reference for this. Can anyone recommend or link some kind of new player guide or some such? I really just want to know the most used acronyms so that when I group up with some people and they start throwing misc. letters around I could maybe actually know what they are talking about :)

In any case, 17 minutes to go. I am praying it is a smooth launch 'cause I'm hitting 'Play' button the second that timer hits zero!

Does anyone know of forum link of some kind that now exists to help the new ones with the local jargon in game?
    I've been searching like crazy....but all I am getting are some bits and pieces;)