test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leadership Exploit?

Comments

• Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    What's funny is these guys paying the company to get to 60 in a day are just helping the rest of us - they're giving the company money to develop content for people who will still be playing in a month+

Really we should be thankful.

The money wont go where it is needed unfortunately. It will likely get poured in thier next baby.
  • Options
    shadidioshadidio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    The silly thing about this is that if you power level yourself that way you're going to have terrible gear for your level.

I'm sure if they have the AD to power level they have the AD for some mediocre end game gear... or they could just farm some gear for an hour or two.

That said, it seems counter productive to be that high of a level this early. You'd have some difficulty finding groups for the instances I would think.
  • Options
    shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Be happy a dungeons and dragons RPG which is about leveling and dungeon running has a system in place where you can pay to level? This screams, 'our company will sell its soul and do anything for money'.

Typical perfect world experience.

Did anyone not expect things like this when they learned who would be managing the game in NA?
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Not sure why that should matter? Someone pays good money for game, so rest can play free. I don't care how people would end up to level 60. I'm intending to play my way there, as it sounds more fun, but who are we to define what is fun for others?
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Not bothered at all.
    That just means less AD to potentially circulate in the market.
    '-'
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    yogurtayogurta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In Guildwars 2 you can level to 80 in 32 hours or even less, by leveling all crafting professions. Buy gold with real money, use gold to pick up all the mats from Auction house and voila, you're lvl 80!
    Is it fun? Most likely not, but it's definitely not an exploit.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gvkprime wrote: »
    Another thing to note on this topic is the fact of the founders packs complementory AD. Yes in a very limited way this is pay to level but in essence all that is, is paying for convience anyway. You will be no better at your class at 60 and will have woefully in adiquete gear. But besides that point once the "First to 60" euphoria wears off and the people who do this run out of AD it will be a very controlable situation since even at level 60 you can only get 24000 AD in a day no matter what.

if they havent played sto they are in for an even bigger shock racing to 60 like that. no raids here, just a whole lotta grinding.

although there is wisdom in racing like that - allows you to start working on a 2nd and third and fourth character. if they do guilds like they did fleet starbases then having as many alts running dailies and farming the daily AD will be very welcome. in addition when people actually start to sell zen for diamonds, having multiple characters getting that 24k per day refined cap may make it possible to buy keys and what not from the store without spending a dime

however this may not be as easy as it is in sto. items here want millions of diamonds, sto items want 60k dil at most for an item. sto lets you refine 8k dil a day, here 24k. based on that the rate at which refined diamonds will enter the game will be substantially slower than it is in sto even with multiple characters compared to the cost. i wouldnt be surprised if it was 1k diamonds per zen on average 3 months from now.
  • Options
    jaddaljaddal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Glad to see most realize it has no effect on their game play. I'm glad people are spending money since I/we personally benefit.

Some people will complain about anything.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    So, is there a difference between power-leveling your way to 60 in 28 hours straight and using Astral Diamonds to do the same thing? I don't think so. It affects me not at all.

I'm here to play the game; if someone else wants to use AD/zen/real money to get to 60 in a few hours, more power to them.

This right here.
  • Options
    aderon2aderon2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How do you do this by the way? I'd like to spend the AD I got from the beginner pack. Is there a specific quest I'm supposed to be doing in the leadership profession? Do I need to reach a certain profession level to access that quest? Or do I just keep spamming the lower level quests? Anyone know?
  • Options
    aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't see this as a problem, per say, simply because he probably dropped about 1 mil to jump about 20 levels? Perfectly fine with someone wasting all their AD like that. Now they have to spend days building back ALL that AD or grinding for gear for their level, or even playing through ALL the quests that they are massively over leveled for.

On top of that, aren't there some dungeons that are level locked? That means he is locked out from playing the lower level dungeons with his fellow guild members because he is too high a level so suddenly, yet he still has to roll through the quest line like everyone else.
  • Options
    elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    speiberbob wrote: »
    DnD is about dungeons and grouping and lvling on the way, he misses lots of those so he payed to loose..out content ;)

People need to stop dictating how others should play a game.

Is he paying for future content by doing this? Yes
    Does this affect you? No
    Is he missing out on a lot of content? yes
    Does this affect you? No
    Is he playing a Dungeons and Dragons game? Yes
    Does this affect you? No
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    elthuzar wrote: »
    People need to stop dictating how others should play a game.

Is he paying for future content by doing this? Yes
    Does this affect you? No
    Is he missing out on a lot of content? yes
    Does this affect you? No
    Is he playing a Dungeons and Dragons game? Yes
    Does this affect you? No

:cool:

nice.
  • Options
    vlyxnolvlyxnol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People need to stop worrying so much about what other people are doing.

I personally think its rediculous that someone WOULD do this since its pretty easy to level in this game, im already 50 and I didnt even have any time off work so to spend so much money to get there 3 or 4 days earlier seems a waste but their choice.

Frankly, as in any MMO, many players will end up spending the vast portion of their time in this game at level cap, and plenty of players like that. Some players like me play MMOs for the end game, not the leveling game. To them the levels are just something to get through to allow you to play the max level content - thats where they have fun, why begrudge them. If you enjoy the levelling process so much take your time.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    goose1009 wrote: »
    Had a guild mate do this and it sounded to me like an exploit, but figured i'd come here and see what the Devs have to say.

Apparently there is a Leadership mission that grats 1600 xp, which is quite a large chunk. You can use your AD to speed this up. So while it does cost a fair amount of AD, it also allows for crazy fast leveling. He has leveled from 38 to 52 in well under an hour.

To me this sounds like a textbook exploit, but its possible that it is "Working as Intended" and would really like to know which it is.

To me, using any in game means to create gains that are obviously not as the game intended is an exploit. Now, this does cost AD, so perhaps its how they want it. Frankly I cant stand the thought of it as it cheapens the entire experience. Normally I dont care what other people do with their in game time/money, but since i am a guild leader, this really worries me. Dont want the guild to look bad because someone is doing this.

I looked earlier and there was a task under Rare that granted 1600XP but that's already been cycled out. Not only that but it was a level 20 task and required a level 3 asset from what I remember. Not sure what all other resources it required. To me it didn't seem like something that most people would bother to do.

Currently the largest XP granted reward is 500. If someone did that over and over would that be considered an exploit? Just because the reward seems a little 'unbalanced' by giving 1600XP doesn't make it an exploit. It just means someone spent a boatload of astral diamonds on something they could readily have done just by playing the game "as intended".
  • Options
    dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    This is only possible to do right now because everyone who is currently playing has those huge chunks of AD they got from the preorder packs.
    When those run out and the absolute maximun anyone can earn per day is 24k and the AD to Zen exchange ratio settles around 100-200 as it is in other PWE games, and speeding up a single task costs more than 24k, there won't be many people, if any at all, that are able to do it.
  • Options
    m3gas3v3nm3gas3v3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dramdrum wrote: »
    This is only possible to do right now because everyone who is currently playing has those huge chunks of AD they got from the preorder packs.
    When those run out and the absolute maximun anyone can earn per day is 24k and the AD to Zen exchange ratio settles around 100-200 as it is in other PWE games, and speeding up a single task costs more than 24k, there won't be many people, if any at all, that are able to do it.

They have done it already and will continue to do it until it's fixed. Your assumption that "there won't be many people, if any at all, that are able to do it" is laughable.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Someone will always do what they can to big stick the other guy. If they don't abuse the AD profession speed up they will buy XP Boosters via Starter Pack and whatnot. I personally prefer to enjoy what I'm playing and take time to fully see what the game offers. With that being said I can't be angry with people that push for max asap but thats just what they want and thats what they pay for. Those are also the people who burnout the quickest and move onto another game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Be happy a dungeons and dragons RPG which is about leveling and dungeon running has a system in place where you can pay to level? This screams, 'our company will sell its soul and do anything for money'.

Typical perfect world experience.

Yes be happy they're paying for the free game you're enjoying. Someone has to pay for the development/upkeep of this game. Have you paid anything at all?
  • Options
    amphrax85amphrax85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Keep in mind that this is a f2p mmorpg, they have to please as many people as they can. Many people wants to get to the endgame where things gets interresting, as fast as possible. If they want to pay for that i got no problem with it at all. I have played Neverwinter nights and nwn2 since release and i LOVE those games, oh boy i can't wait for this. :)
  • Options
    zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2013
    This is typical in a free to play business model.
    I'm just suprised they dont just come right out and offer a lvl 60 character for $<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.00 and be done with it.

If you didnt want pay to level, and such, you should play sub based games instead.

Amphrax85...boy are you in for a rude awakening...this is nothing like those games.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    So im the only one this genuinely bothers? I mean I was angry when I heard someone in my guild was doing it.

No doesn't bother me. This game is a lot of fun to level in so I don't see the point really; unless you want to play with friends who are at a high level.
  • Options
    goose1009goose1009 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like Cryptic aggrees though, most recent patch notes they changed the time to complete this missions to 16 hours, thus costing quite a few more AD to power through.
    iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
  • Options
    hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    speiberbob wrote: »
    DnD is about dungeons and grouping and lvling on the way, he misses lots of those so he payed to loose..out content ;)

exactly, i wish to see all the content so i plan to do it all no matter what, even the super long boring dungeons which takes hours... ill at least do them once so i know what's up...
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like Cryptic aggrees though, most recent patch notes they changed the time to complete this missions to 16 hours, thus costing quite a few more AD to power through.

I don't think they agreed it was an exploit or they would have removed, or lowered, the XP reward altogether. And yeah they want it to cost more AD if people choose to do it that way.
  • Options
    bruggzybruggzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yogurta wrote: »
    In Guildwars 2 you can level to 80 in 32 hours or even less, by leveling all crafting professions. Buy gold with real money, use gold to pick up all the mats from Auction house and voila, you're lvl 80!
    Is it fun? Most likely not, but it's definitely not an exploit.

This. And my record from 1-80 is 6 hrs played. Once you have done it on a couple characters it gets a lot faster because you know exactly what mats you need. Have an 80 of each class if i ever go back. If you think nw is bad gw is much worse.
  • Options
    ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try not to let it bother you. Focus on your experience and let others have the experience they want. So long as they aren't harshing your mellow, live and let live. That's how I play, and it works great. Glad people are giving Cryptic so much cash, I hope people do it more often, more/better patches for the rest of us.
  • Options
    rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013

err no they dont agree. they just want to cash in on all the people doing this and get as much money out of them as possible. if they agreed they would take the xp bonus away completely.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Had a guild mate do this and it sounded to me like an exploit, but figured i'd come here and see what the Devs have to say.

Apparently there is a Leadership mission that grats 1600 xp, which is quite a large chunk. You can use your AD to speed this up. So while it does cost a fair amount of AD, it also allows for crazy fast leveling. He has leveled from 38 to 52 in well under an hour.

To me this sounds like a textbook exploit, but its possible that it is "Working as Intended" and would really like to know which it is.

To me, using any in game means to create gains that are obviously not as the game intended is an exploit. Now, this does cost AD, so perhaps its how they want it. Frankly I cant stand the thought of it as it cheapens the entire experience. Normally I dont care what other people do with their in game time/money, but since i am a guild leader, this really worries me. Dont want the guild to look bad because someone is doing this.

So what's the exploit?
  • Options
    rayuken4rayuken4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who the hell cares? It's so easy to level up your guild mate is just rushing to end game.