test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leadership Exploit?

13»

Comments

• gamerman121gamerman121 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be happy a dungeons and dragons RPG which is about leveling and dungeon running has a system in place where you can pay to level? This screams, 'our company will sell its soul and do anything for money'.

Typical perfect world experience.

Are you enjoying the game ? Then mind your business and enjoy your play experience. The D&D experience is different for everyone. Maybe this guy is RPing a Commander who sits in the Capital city dolling out commands and strategies and thats how he wants to level up.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    goose1009 wrote: »
    So im the only one this genuinely bothers? I mean I was angry when I heard someone in my guild was doing it.

Why would I be angry that someone else is ruining their own play experience? I'd rather point at them and laugh. While I continue on, enjoying the experience of slowly questing my way up to 60. /shrug
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If he wants to shell out the coin to be 38 to 52 two days earlier all I would say if perfect world is "Show me the Money!"
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since he cant go back and redo missions leveled pass , he is only hurting himself . When he is crying " I have nothing to do " remind him of this .
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So im the only one this genuinely bothers? I mean I was angry when I heard someone in my guild was doing it.

Do you often get angry when people on your flight ride in first class?

Likewise does it anger you that first class boards and disembarks first?

Do you get angry when you're on the highway and people use the iPass lane?

Do you get angry when people on the A List get into theaters, clubs or bars before you do?

Do you get angry when people with a more expensive education get promoted over others?

Do you get angry when people who have faster Internet speed have better connections than you?

Did the fact that you got into open beta before everyone else make you feel guilty?

It sounds more like jealousy than anger. Just saying'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ddobsddobs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    That isn't smart... There are much better ways to level without spending a penny x)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounded to me like an exploit, but figured i'd come here and see what the Devs have to say.

Apparently there is a Leadership mission that grats 1600 xp, which is quite a large chunk. You can use your AD to speed this up. So while it does cost a fair amount of AD, it also allows for crazy fast leveling.

Late to the thread, but basically thought I would say if something beneficial costs you AD (== ZEN aka real money) , it is EXTREMELY unlikely that it is going be marked as an exploit. So by Cryptic's rules, speed leveling is only an exploit if you don't have to pay (then) AD.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dramdrum wrote: »
    This is only possible to do right now because everyone who is currently playing has those huge chunks of AD they got from the preorder packs.
    When those run out and the absolute maximun anyone can earn per day is 24k and the AD to Zen exchange ratio settles around 100-200 as it is in other PWE games, and speeding up a single task costs more than 24k, there won't be many people, if any at all, that are able to do it.

People need to stop believing that 24k AD is the max you can earn in a day. That's just the refining limit. There is no limit on how much you can earn through other methods
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If he found a way to get past the AD cost without paying AD,
    it would be an exploit. Using money to be better than everyone else is NOT an exploit.
  • xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Had a guild mate do this and it sounded to me like an exploit, but figured i'd come here and see what the Devs have to say.

Apparently there is a Leadership mission that grats 1600 xp, which is quite a large chunk. You can use your AD to speed this up. So while it does cost a fair amount of AD, it also allows for crazy fast leveling. He has leveled from 38 to 52 in well under an hour.

To me this sounds like a textbook exploit, but its possible that it is "Working as Intended" and would really like to know which it is.

To me, using any in game means to create gains that are obviously not as the game intended is an exploit. Now, this does cost AD, so perhaps its how they want it. Frankly I cant stand the thought of it as it cheapens the entire experience. Normally I dont care what other people do with their in game time/money, but since i am a guild leader, this really worries me. Dont want the guild to look bad because someone is doing this.

Working as intended. The amount of money he has to spend on diamonds is through the roof. Which is perfectly fine with me.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, you are.
    They still have to spend a hefty amount of ADs, if level is what they want to buy for it, let them.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    People need to stop believing that 24k AD is the max you can earn in a day. That's just the refining limit. There is no limit on how much you can earn through other methods

I think his argument is actually a macroeconomic one, and not actually on how much AD an individual character can acquire per day (in terms of selling stuff on AH etc).

Namely, that any individual character can only bring new AD into the game's economy a maximum rate of 24K AD per day. Meanwhile, whenever you buy items from a vendor (or convert AD to ZEN to do this) that AD leaves the general economy. Consequently, once the glut of AD now in circulation due to the Founder's Packs will eventually be used up, the AD:ZEN market rate will be determined by the fact that AD can only be added to the game at a maximum rate of 24K AD per character per day.
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I think his argument is actually a macroeconomic one, and not actually on how much AD an individual character can acquire per day (in terms of selling stuff on AH etc).

Namely, that any individual character can only bring new AD into the game's economy a maximum rate of 24K AD per day. Meanwhile, whenever you buy items from a vendor (or convert AD to ZEN to do this) that AD leaves the general economy. Consequently, the glut of AD now in circulation due to the Founder's Packs will eventually be used up, the AD:ZEN market rate will be determined by the fact that AD can only be added to the game at a maximum rate of 24K AD per character per day.

That is NOT true. Dailys bring NEW AD into the game and don't use the 24k cap. Idols from chest bring NEW AD into the game and don't use the 24k cap.

L2Math.
  • grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    No, its most definitely leveling his actual character. Leadership missions grant actual xp.

But enough points have been made i guess. It is what it is. Dosent mean i have to like it.

Indeed, it is what it is. I don't like it either, but we are stuck with it in this new micro transaction mmo world. What you do have control over is your guild. You get to set the rules for what your members can and can not do in game.
    edited May 2013
    grekthoran wrote: »
    Indeed, it is what it is. I don't like it either, but we are stuck with it in this new micro transaction mmo world. What you do have control over is your guild. You get to set the rules for what your members can and can not do in game.

To an extent. You start <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> crying over every little thing, and you will soon find yourself alone in the corner.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

Namely, that any individual character can only bring new AD into the game's economy a maximum rate of 24K AD per day. Meanwhile, whenever you buy items from a vendor (or convert AD to ZEN to do this) that AD leaves the general economy. Consequently, once the glut of AD now in circulation due to the Founder's Packs will eventually be used up, the AD:ZEN market rate will be determined by the fact that AD can only be added to the game at a maximum rate of 24K AD per character per day.

Except that that is not fact. The idols can be turned in from 40K - 80K (normal) AD, I have not turned one in at a greater value of 80K. Now certainly some AD (to convert to Zen) has to leave to cover the cost of keys for the lockboxes. So when the AD to Zen market goes substanially down (as it has been), key cost will plummate in terms of AD cost and this idea that 24k AD is the max daily will finally be put to rest.

Not to forget dailies which have no additional cost associated with them. They are truely "free" ADs.
  • upskirtupskirt Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    doesnt matter, gear still needs to be improved. afaik you cant buy gear with money... yet *cringe*

either way, they are paying cryptic and hopefully it means cryptic will pay us back in kind (classes, races, etc...) I'm perfectly happy doing quests.
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    That is NOT true. Dailys bring NEW AD into the game and don't use the 24k cap. Idols from chest bring NEW AD into the game and don't use the 24k cap.

L2Math.

um...actually yes....you can only refine 24k ad per day, whether they are from dailies or blessing or what ever.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
    edited May 2013
    zuluzuluto wrote: »
    um...actually yes....you can only refine 24k ad per day, whether they are from dailies or blessing or what ever.

Lmao. Dailies don't give Rough diamonds. they give normal AD. Hence how they don't touch the cap. Also Idols don't give rough either. Selling on the auction house doesn't give rough. See where this is going? The 24k cap is POINTLESS. It only limits things like Rough diamonds from Leadership or some event rewards and the like.
  • vyssalarevyssalare Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much did that cost him? Mine cost like 35k for a single rush.
    edited May 2013
    vyssalare wrote: »
    How much did that cost him? Mine cost like 35k for a single rush.

It's really spendy. So he either bought a ton of diamonds with zen or got one of the packs with 2mil in it.
    edited May 2013
    zuluzuluto wrote: »

You need to stop and educate yourself.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm sure there will be others that are bothered by how others play the game, I doubt you're alone.

Myself, that seems a stupid, very expensive way to skip content that I find fun. I wouldn't want to skip ahead to 60. I certainly wouldn't pay for the experience.

I have done and still do the Leadership quest that gives 1600 exp. It takes around 12 hours or so to complete though, and I don't spend AD to speed it up. If it didn't come along with a large chunk of Leadership exp I wouldn't mess with it though.

If others want to blast their way through content, get to level 60 and sit in long queues to do elite dungeons that's fine by me. They won't last long in this game if they see the lower level content as merely a hurdle to get past as fast as they can.
  • isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What a massive, massive waste of AD...
  • dezman00000dezman00000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting angry because of what someone else think is fun, is childish. Secondly, this is possible by using AD to speed up the profession tasks, and to get loads of AD in order to do this you buy Zen.
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah it's working as intended. The first guy to hit 60 did it really quickly using that method. I heard a post (take with a grain of salt) that he spent like $800 in Zen for AD to speed through it.

I would say that is a WIN for Cryptic as it would take years for a normal subscription to pay out that much. Numerous others are dumping cash into the game as well for Profession Packs and Keys. It's all about speeding up the process (as long as Cryptic gets paid for it).