test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unrepentant Gaming

cha0smonkeycha0smonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
We don’t save or die. Death saves versus us. Dungeon Masters ask us how much more experience they need before they can level, and that Beholder still sleeps with one eye open. We’re epic at level one.

The Deck of Many Things looked at us…and felt inadequate.

We are Unrepentant Gaming, a group of like-minded adults who enjoy a nice after-work beverage and a before-bed dungeon crawl. We’re laid back and open to all who consider the best edition of D&D the edition they’re playing right now with their friends. So if you’re tired of being berated in zone chat for roleplaying your lithe wood elf maiden wrong, or fed up with a PUG whose cod piece is three notches too tight, then look no further.

Unrepentant is a socially-driven, casual guild spanning multiple MMOs and games, with a focus on freedom. Freedom to play games the way you want to play, when you want to play them. You won’t find any play time quotas, extensive guild taxes, mandatory events, or drama-laden infighting here. However, we recognize this freedom comes with a responsibility: We are free so long as that freedom does not deny our fellow members the right to enjoy the game.

Central to Unrepentant is our sense of community. We believe the games you play aren’t as important as the people you play them with, and to that end we strive only to admit the kind of members you’d want to hang out and have a drink with. Our slogan is "once a member - always a member", and all Unrepentant are welcome in any game we play regardless of what branch you started in.

Freedom, friendship and fun times - this is what matters to The U. You don’t have to be a good player to be Unrepentant; but you do have to be a good person to join our ranks.

It’s dangerous to go alone. Take this www.unrepentantgaming.com
Member of the Neverwinter branch of Unrepentant Gaming.
Post edited by cha0smonkey on

Comments

• cha0smonkeycha0smonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Forgot to mention, we will be on the Beholder shard at launch.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing quite like the feeling of a fresh MMO! We have a pretty good group of people chomping at the bit to get into Neverwinter starting tomorrow. We have about 20-25 Heroes and another 10-12 Guardians ready to delve into some dungeons and slap around some dragons.

Remember, D&D is best shared with friends. Don't be a party of one come launch!

See you on Beholder!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We don’t save or die. Death saves versus us. Dungeon Masters ask us how much more experience they need before they can level, and that Beholder still sleeps with one eye open. We’re epic at level one.

The Deck of Many Things looked at us…and felt inadequate.

We are Unrepentant Gaming, a group of like-minded adults who enjoy a nice after-work beverage and a before-bed dungeon crawl. We’re laid back and open to all who consider the best edition of D&D the edition they’re playing right now with their friends. So if you’re tired of being berated in zone chat for roleplaying your lithe wood elf maiden wrong, or fed up with a PUG whose cod piece is three notches too tight, then look no further.

Unrepentant is a socially-driven, casual guild spanning multiple MMOs and games, with a focus on freedom. Freedom to play games the way you want to play, when you want to play them. You won’t find any play time quotas, extensive guild taxes, mandatory events, or drama-laden infighting here. However, we recognize this freedom comes with a responsibility: We are free so long as that freedom does not deny our fellow members the right to enjoy the game.

Central to Unrepentant is our sense of community. We believe the games you play aren’t as important as the people you play them with, and to that end we strive only to admit the kind of members you’d want to hang out and have a drink with. Our slogan is "once a member - always a member", and all Unrepentant are welcome in any game we play regardless of what branch you started in.

Freedom, friendship and fun times - this is what matters to The U. You don’t have to be a good player to be Unrepentant; but you do have to be a good person to join our ranks.

It’s dangerous to go alone. Take this www.unrepentantgaming.com

I can vouch for these guys (not that me vouching means much since I'm just a stranger on the internet but still), really awesome bunch. Used to play Champions Online (back when it was P2P) with them.
  • nullwarenullware Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    A fair number of our members have purchased the HotN package and will start playing tomorrow. Now is a great time to join our gaming community and have fun with us as we explore NWO.
  • dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    nullware wrote: »
    A fair number of our members have purchased the HotN package and will start playing tomorrow. Now is a great time to join our gaming community and have fun with us as we explore NWO.

Unless you're a scrub like me who could only afford a guardian pack ;). Regardless, a good bunch of folks, I've been with them since the beginning, what is it now? 5 years? STO and Champions are 2 of our longest running branches, still going strong thanks to some great leadership, so it really bodes well for our future with Neverwinter.
  • thaine79thaine79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Remember, D&D is best shared with friends. Don't be a party of one come launch!

See on Beholder!

One universal truth about gaming with Unrepentant is that there will never be a dull moment!
  • sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    As one of the Unrepentant Guardian pack holders, I envy those getting in tonight at midnight, see you all in game in 2 days. Although, as Chaosmonkey noted, we at the U play lots of games, so to pass the time, I might play some SWTOR, DDO, EVE, or even minecraft, starcraft 2, or even just chat up the members on Mumble. Always good times to be had as a member of the U, and having a built in community (especially one as deep as the one we have ready to go in Neverwinter) makes being an online gamer so much more rewarding.

Down with the pants!
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard
    Spinnerella - Combat Wizard

Don't forget to update the Wiki!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We're like the tuxedo t-shirts of MMOs. We take our gaming seriously, but we're also here to have a good time.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • nordstrummnordstrumm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like some of us are playing in 10 minutes. I dunno about the rest of these guys, but I plan on running through blacklake naked with as big a mob train as I can muster following me. That seems like a good use of early access.
  • nukevetnukevet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just watched the opening cutscene while I created My first toon, a DC named Okimomo. The cutscene is awesome, and Okimomo is awesomer. And I agree - a pantsless and drunken maraudering of Blacklake seems a good use of early access. Come on and join us.
    edited April 2013
    Aaaaaaaaannnndddd....We are live. Guild is set up, bank is established, and we had about 15-20 members get in over the first few hours.

All in all, a very smooth "launch" thus far for Neverwinter.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • npcnwonpcnwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking forward to the 30th, when I can get in on Neverwinter with No Pants!
  • nullwarenullware Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    I'm *only* level 16 on my Devoted Cleric so far, but I'm absolutely loving this game. I've already run a couple of cool Foundry quests, and I think that's going to be the long term interesting part of the game -- the thing that keeps people coming back.
  • sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    As a Guardian Uey, I even get to read about our HotN folks on our very active forums.

T-minus 19.6 hours and counting...
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard
    Spinnerella - Combat Wizard

Don't forget to update the Wiki!
  • cha0smonkeycha0smonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ironzerg posted a pretty epic hype thread in our public section. It was awesome, and I feel it should be shared.

As the title states, it may be considered Not Safe For Work.

Epic hype thread.
    edited April 2013
    Roll with the U, and one day you might be immortalized in an internet hype thread.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • nordstrummnordstrumm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Today I learned that if you make your cosmetic equipment set completely naked, you get to run around and do quests while completely naked, still benefiting from your armor's stats. Add Moonstone mask for hilarity.
    edited April 2013
    Really? So did you get a third "ring" slot?

Ahem...but yeah, the guild is up to about 65 people or so. Looking forward to a lot more joining us as the open beta officially starts for the public on Tuesday.

Can't wait!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Definitely a fun group, especially 'zerg and company. If you want a laid-back guild (i.e. "pants off") with drunken carousing as the default mode, I suggest a visit.
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, even though some of the folks involved in that naked pvp run don't particularly enjoy pvp, I think everyone had some fun. It helps that we won :P

Also, while we do have an application process we don't care how good you are at the game. All we care about is that you will be someone that we enjoy hanging out with. So don't be shy, check us out and apply!
  • wtarrasquewtarrasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It was an epic flight of the naked toon + mobs.
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait until tomorrow, when those of us who didn't opt for the Founders good stuff get to play.
  • eyepatchdudeeyepatchdude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh dear. I can't believe I haven't posted here yet.. Unrepentant... Why haven't you applied yet?
  • eneas666eneas666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hey you, im not familiar with the game and if there was a previous neverwinter mmo before d&d or something nor have i played the pc game, although i have played dozens of mmos before and got bored easily due to the boring repetitive solo pve. i hope that this game is at least a bit different and unique and to make it more fun i want to join a guild.

so here i am, i guess ill apply in your official website and whatever happens :)
  • grimztone100grimztone100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cha0smonkey this is what happened to you? You became leader of the neverwinter MMO branch?? alright then see you 4/30/2013.
  • tmctmc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    npcnwo wrote: »
    Can't wait until tomorrow, when those of us who didn't opt for the Founders good stuff get to play.

It's Tightwad Tuesday at last.
    edited May 2013
    We had quite a few people join us yesterday, both old members and new recruits. At one point we had around 20 people in the main mumble channel! It was a lot of fun.
  • aeonarialaeonarial Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We had quite a few people join us yesterday, both old members and new recruits. At one point we had around 20 people in the main mumble channel! It was a lot of fun.

Hey, I remade my character and forgot to ask for an invite to the guild and the ventrilo chat got all messed up, so can I get a guild invite?My character name is Arin
    edited May 2013
    Aeonarial, I think we got you invited last night, right?

And also, welcome to all the new recruits. I think we're closing in on 100 people in the guild right now, and we've gotten about a dozen applicants since this thing went open beta last week. If you're coming to Neverwinter for the first time and feeling a little dazed and confused, you should check us out.

It's dangerous to go alone.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited May 2013
    And the numbers of Ueys in Neverwinter keeps on climbing! We were on pace to have a hundred and fifty in the guild when I logged out last night. We had teams running dungeons, PVPing, and doing Foundry missions last night, and it sounded like everybody was having a ball.

Come on and join the fun! Apply at http://www.unrepentantgaming.com