test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another 60. Legit though

2»

Comments

• Options
    elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    bigt983 wrote: »
    When you play DnD tabletop you dont focus on leveling and loot?

D&D table top is a longer process to level up and loot, my most memorable adventures being around the level 4-9 range and rarely having magic above +2 quality. Not only that, but I probably disagree that the focus is on levelling up and loot, but more a focus on exploring the infinite range of possibilities that you and your friends can take on. I didn't find myself on the player side of the screen much in table-top, I was a GM more often than not and our gaming group had never levelled from 1-20, they had usually retired, died or became villains or NPCs before reaching the lofty heights of the high teens and above. Every gaming group is different though, just like every PC gamer is different, I have no issue with players wanting to speed level to become world firsts or whatever the drive is. As long as everyone is enjoying themselves.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Play the game and if you just happen to hit max level under a week so be it more time to look around.

Max level isn't the end of game for this or any other MMORPG . I don't get some of you who want see or look at everything as you level when can do it after. Not saying I'll won't later on rush to max level on a alt or two.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited April 2013
    It's a problem with the game pace if someone can hit level 60 just by playing legitimately in 28 hrs. I was hoping that the leveling speed experienced in the beta weekends had been sped up so that ppl could test everything. But I guess not. Cryptic seriously needs to slow down the pace of leveling. Hell, it was so fast that I didn't want to do any foundry quests for fear of outleveling the main story any more than I already had.

That's how all Cryptic games are. 3 days to max level with sleep 1.5 days with no sleep.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The problem is people have soloed lvl 1-60 in a dungeon party game in 1-2 days.....

This game is just way too easy.
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Where do you get that sword? its not the first i see on a level 60 gwf
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    xenozeno wrote: »
    ...... wat?

He's likely referring to the main quest.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The point of the game in not grinding - its content. There is a lot of content.

Because that is D&D. It does not puts barrier to leveling, but there are reasons many a times to lower the level of your PC to enjoy many low-level quests.

For those rushing through the content, they will not find much joy or satisfaction leaving a lot of content at low level which they can never do properly unless they roll another character.
  • Options
    jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    The point of the game in not grinding - its content.
    This right here.
  • Options
    l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    back in 2002, I played D&D 3/3.5 table top and it took us about 2 years to get to level 15, playing for about
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Max level isn't the end of game for this or any other MMORPG .

It kind of is. That's why it's called "end" game. MMOs add boring repetitive <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for people to do at the level cap while they work on adding more content, it's a time sink for people who have run out of stuff to do. Any game that focuses on this part of the game is making a fatal mistake IMO.
    xantris wrote: »
    It's not a problem, Cryptic games are all focused around level cap.

Not sure what Cryptic games you are imagining. CO is so anti-endgame they give you another character slot when you hit the cap, basically telling you it's time to reroll. CoH was basically the same for many years, it wasn't until shortly before it's death that they started adding any sort of weak endgame grind content. STO IIRC launched with no endgame content either, I really don't know how the game changed since but it's always looked like most of the content additions to that game are added to the store, not some random endgame dungeon/raid.
    gillrmn wrote: »
    For those rushing through the content

From what I see, the only "rushing" this guy did was not sleeping or taking a break. He didn't even use exp boosts. It looks like 28 hours played will get you to the cap, it's only a question of whether that 28 hours is split between a single gaming session or a couple weeks. 28 hours is still way the heck too short.
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm so eager to see people complaining about a FTP game..I already enjoy the " OMG this game is only 30 hours until cap". People forget that these are FREE 30 hours of gameplay. Also these same people would complain about the exact opposite if they were forced to play 150 hours until level cap. It would be like "I usually reroll in MMOs. LEVELING IS TOO SLOW". So funny:)
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what's the point when players can hit lvl 60 in 2 days there is no fun in that
    crypitc need to make this game a little bit harder to lvl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now he gets to wait for everyone else.
  • Options
    gutyoulikeafishgutyoulikeafish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No lifers? I never played a game this hardcore, but beating a game this fast should also free up time later on? He will get sick of the game and bam, he will see the sun once again!:)
  • Options
    coldwarrussiacoldwarrussia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It happens in every new MMO. It's dumb imo.
  • Options
    oooo1111oooo1111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    Psh. This ain't ****. To win the 2004 WoW closed beta stress test leveling contest I had to play 120 hours straight with a single 6 hour sleep period during unscheduled downtime.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xenozeno wrote: »
    ...... wat?

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You can't even make it thru the forced tutorial quests and to the first major town in 60 minutes.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    Theres always going to exist no lifers like this as long as its an mmo.

I used to play games as a bum for 2-3 days straight, have a nap then go at it again. I was called a no lifer. I now have a family, run a business (working 100 hours a week), and play games for 1-2 hours a day. I'm still being called a no lifer. What the **** is life?
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't call gamers no lifers i know gamers is gamers we are gamers we love games not because we don't have a life I'm glad I'm a gamer :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vezznavezzna Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Doesn't sound good. These are the people who are going to be whining that the game has no end game and no content as well!
  • Options
    zalfienzalfien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stinkpelt wrote: »
    In case anyone's actually interested, since it was brought up, the quickest Skyrim speedrun on youtube (the quickest one I found after a 30 second search, at least) is this one, at 1h32m.

According to this thread though, there are even faster runs around.

The first video used glitches. So I'm calling bull. If it was legit then sure. But using a physics glitch to push through thin surfaces is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    mettiidoremettiidore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    made a gwf haha what a waste of time.
  • Options
    solkyoshirosolkyoshiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone can complain about leveling fast all day long. But the thing is people complain when something takes too long and throws around the word's "GRINDFEST" like daggers.

Aion was a perfect example, the leveling scale was a lot slower and people just cried and quit while screaming Korean Grindfest even though it wasn't that bad. Something with WoW after The Burning Crusade came out "Oh my god it takes too long to level alts."

Whether its slow or fast there is no perfect ratio for leveling curve for everyone. Casuals hate slow, hardcores hate fast. For instance I level'd to cap in SWTOR in about a week, but I did crafting and saw different planets. I think continued to play for another 300 hours with my guild. And that's with a game that everyone considered to have no content. So just go with the flow and enjoy it.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've leveled from 6 to 26 in a day, I guess I could get to 60 in 4 days if I wanted, doesn't seem impossible.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm so eager to see people complaining about a FTP game..I already enjoy the " OMG this game is only 30 hours until cap". People forget that these are FREE 30 hours of gameplay.

I think it applies to all games, not just free ones. Plus, it is 30 hours if you focus very narrowly on getting to the max level. In 40 hours of playing, my character only got to 39. I quested, did skirmishes, some dungeons, crafted a bit, checked the AH, joined a few PvP matches, responded to messages in the chat here and there, listened to the voice overs and read the quest texts. I imagine it will take me 80+ hours to get to 60 with that character, and really, that is not different from how long it took me in WoW, Rift and other MMOs. I could have rushed, but why? If WoW taught me anything, it is that the journey is much better than the destination.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!