test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another 60. Legit though

insonia85insonia85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Watched the guy on twitch, no Xp boosts used.. Took 1 day 4 hours continuous questing. I applaud the guy, also sword looks epic!
Post edited by insonia85 on

Comments

• Options
    prysianprysian Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Congrats to him. I hope you enjoyed it, leveling through so fast and all. Hopefully he'll take it slower next time and take in the scenery.
  • Options
    mostrandomistmostrandomist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    It's a problem with the game pace if someone can hit level 60 just by playing legitimately in 28 hrs. I was hoping that the leveling speed experienced in the beta weekends had been sped up so that ppl could test everything. But I guess not. Cryptic seriously needs to slow down the pace of leveling. Hell, it was so fast that I didn't want to do any foundry quests for fear of outleveling the main story any more than I already had.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Theres always going to exist no lifers like this as long as its an mmo.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's a problem with the game pace if someone can hit level 60 just by playing legitimately in 28 hrs. I was hoping that the leveling speed experienced in the beta weekends had been sped up so that ppl could test everything. But I guess not. Cryptic seriously needs to slow down the pace of leveling. Hell, it was so fast that I didn't want to do any foundry quests for fear of outleveling the main story any more than I already had.

Eh, not really. No matter how much content you have, someone will find a way to power to end game (unless you resort to a grindfest). I can get to end game in WoW in a few days if I really wanted to.
    I can also beat Skyrim in about an hour.

Most people won't be reaching end game in a day, and those who do are only punishing themselves (potentially), by burning themselves out faster.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    koreannuskoreannus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've used to reach 90 in wow within 3 days, then I started another toon and just hit 88 last night, I'm leveling it since january.
  • Options
    chochi135chochi135 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Eh, not really. No matter how much content you have, someone will find a way to power to end game (unless you resort to a grindfest). I can get to end game in WoW in a few days if I really wanted to.

Most people won't be reaching end game in a day, and those who do are only punishing themselves (potentially), by burning themselves out faster.
    As far as the Skyrim quote, I call bs. You make a video and put it on youtube and I will believe you, but until then, not a chance.
  • Options
    trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same thing (and complains) happened when Star Trek Online was release and the game is still here.
  • Options
    xenozenoxenozeno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    direcrow wrote: »

...... wat?
  • Options
    giantdouchegiantdouche Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    insonia85 wrote: »
    Watched the guy on twitch, no Xp boosts used.. Took 1 day 4 hours continuous questing. I applaud the guy, also sword looks epic!

haha Excellent time for a screenie, Right with me mentioning his giant bonce haha
  • Options
    omgitsbees1omgitsbees1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

God forbid someone do something they enjoy with their time. How does he not have a life? Maybe he just gets really addicted to a game, plays through it all at once over the course of a few days, and then goes back to his normal social life? You don't even know this person at all.
  • Options
    elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

Why call him a no lifer? You know nothing about him. He might work full time, have a wife and kids and was lucky enough to have an extended long weekend on the calendar. Just because someone enjoys playing the game different to yourself doesn't mean they are basement dwelling mouth-breathers.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    God forbid someone do something they enjoy with their time. How does he not have a life? Maybe he just gets really addicted to a game, plays through it all at once over the course of a few days, and then goes back to his normal social life? You don't even know this person at all.

He's just mad. Let it be.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    omgitsbees1omgitsbees1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chochi135 wrote: »
    As far as the Skyrim quote, I call bs. You make a video and put it on youtube and I will believe you, but until then, not a chance.

If someone can beat it in an hour, I would really like to know too. :P As far as I know though, it's not really doable legit because of the way the quests are structured. It doesn't work like in Morrowind, where that is beatable in a few minutes if you know exactly where to go, and how to build your character.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Games just get easier and easier.... i miss the old EQ days were it took 20 hours or more to get one level.

The bad part is with folks hitting max level in 30-50 hours will leave the game empty in a couple months because of the lack of end-game. You know the I beat the game... now what.
  • Options
    vdthekidvdthekid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    where am i?
  • Options
    chochi135chochi135 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I miss daoc, it took 6-7 months, of hard hard work to reach level cap, and that didn't include master levels, pvp levels and such. But that was more toward the beginning. Eventually they made it easier to level...
  • Options
    stinkpeltstinkpelt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In case anyone's actually interested, since it was brought up, the quickest Skyrim speedrun on youtube (the quickest one I found after a 30 second search, at least) is this one, at 1h32m.

According to this thread though, there are even faster runs around.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

It's not a problem, Cryptic games are all focused around level cap. What differences does it make if it takes 30 hours or 100 hours?

You'll be digging that quick leveling curve when you are on your 3+ alt and playing through the same content over and over.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If someone can beat it in an hour, I would really like to know too. :P As far as I know though, it's not really doable legit because of the way the quests are structured. It doesn't work like in Morrowind, where that is beatable in a few minutes if you know exactly where to go, and how to build your character.

Enemies scale, so you never have to level. Also the main story is very short. Most speed runs are around an hour and half.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Skyrim+speed+run
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, if you focus on it and skip anything that isn't efficient, you can do it in any games. In SW:TOR, people were max level before the headstart was over, too. In WoW, it takes a couple days after every expansion. I don't see anything unusual with it.

I played about 18 hours so far and I only have a lavel 17, 15 and 9. I read the lore texts, check out Foundry quests, listen to NPCs, do some crafting, explore, etc. I waited a long time for a game like this, and I certainly won't burn myself out so quickly by powering through it. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The thing is, that Skyrim run was finished with glitches, he even was talking about it and was showing them. That isn't a legit play through, so claiming you beat a game in a certain amount of time while using glitches still isn't beating it, it's using exploits to basically hack your way through it. I stand by my comment. If you cannot provide legit proof of a real play through in that amount of time, I still say it is bs.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The thing is, that Skyrim run was finished with glitches, he even was talking about it and was showing them. That isn't a legit play through, so claiming you beat a game in a certain amount of time while using glitches still isn't beating it, it's using exploits to basically hack your way through it. I stand by my comment. If you cannot provide legit proof of a real play through in that amount of time, I still say it is bs.

That ONE speedrun maybe. There are several. Including the one done by an internal Q/A guy from Bethesda for their official speedrun competition. He did it in about 2 hours.I remember reading about it in Game Informer (March 2012)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/13/bethesda-qa-tester-beats-skyrim-in-2-16-10-in-speedrun-challenge.aspx

That's honestly not the point, the point is, even if you factored in a few exploits that are done to skip a few conversations that at best shave off minutes for a bare minimal time, the point is, if you skip a ton of content, you can get to the end quick.

But you're going to be missing a LOT of game to do it.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Yeah, if you focus on it and skip anything that isn't efficient, you can do it in any games. In SW:TOR, people were max level before the headstart was over, too. In WoW, it takes a couple days after every expansion. I don't see anything unusual with it.

I played about 18 hours so far and I only have a lavel 17, 15 and 9. I read the lore texts, check out Foundry quests, listen to NPCs, do some crafting, explore, etc. I waited a long time for a game like this, and I certainly won't burn myself out so quickly by powering through it. :)

I also plan on taking my time and exploring everything, probably solo because I am slow. But if it takes me 6 months to get to 60, I'll have a heck of a lot of fun doing it. If anyone else likes to play that way, and wishes company, I'll probably be in mindflayers strand in 4 days.
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This game is way too easy. The majority of the people that bought headstart and xp boosts are gonna quit after 1 month then have buyers remorse.

28 hours is less time than it takes to beat most single player offline RPGs, way too short/easy.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What I am doing here is leveling each class I have made up to 10 to see which one I really want to stick with, and I usually do every single quest, so it takes me a while to max out. That way, I get a chance to see all the stories, and get a real feel for the game and lore and environment. I used to rush through, but it always ruins the game for me.
  • Options
    elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Games just get easier and easier.... i miss the old EQ days were it took 20 hours or more to get one level.

The bad part is with folks hitting max level in 30-50 hours will leave the game empty in a couple months because of the lack of end-game. You know the I beat the game... now what.

One day, I would like to see a D&D MMORPG that isn't so focused on levelling up. I think Pathfinder Online is on the right path with sandbox and a mix of experience & time based skill system. Have to wait and see I suppose.
  • Options
    bigt983bigt983 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When you play DnD tabletop you dont focus on leveling and loot?
    Doran Scalebane
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    D&D Online took a lot longer to lvl up and reach the max lvl.

I don't like how easy this game is...... The foundry is awesome, but when you are max lvl what are you playing for anymore? People need to have stuff to work for(more lvls and getting stronger).

1 day max lvl is just absurd, idk wht developers keep making it so you can accomplish that lol.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

word.
    10 char limit blah
  • Options
    fredalbobfredalbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only thing I can think when I see these guys hitting 60 legitly in no time is...
    "Alright guys, these MMO's have given us a lot of problems in the past..."
    ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS.....