test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta begins April 30, 2013!

Comments

• Options
    tekarutekaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that's what I thought. but the launcher is still ticking down 3 hours...

edit: I see after posting this, that the forum thinks it is 7:15 am when it is actually 10:15 am (CST). maybe that has something to do with the launcher tracking the wrong time? should I be worried?

edit 2: I went in to my forum settings (took some navigating) and changed my time zone. Now it is displaying the correct time I posted this message. the Neverwinter launcher still thinks I have to wait 3 hours. :(

edit 3: OK it's DAYS. my bad. foolish of me to think that the launcher would be specific to MY account. lol
  • Options
    razgondk1razgondk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tekaru wrote: »

edit: I see after posting this, that the forum thinks it is 7:15 am when it is actually 10:15 am (CST). maybe that has something to do with the launcher tracking the wrong time? should I be worried?

edit 2: I went in to my forum settings (took some navigating) and changed my time zone. Now it is displaying the correct time I posted this message. the Neverwinter launcher still thinks I have to wait 3 hours. :(

it says 3 days ;-)

Days:Hours:Minutes:Seconds
  • Options
    bfavrebfavre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yea im hopin its in 32 minutes here i wanna give it a quick check im guessing tho i bet like all new mmos it will have a queing isue
  • Options
    foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think it should be called "open beta" if it's not open to everyone. >.> Or at least open to everyone who has spent money on the game... at least the starter pack people should be allowed to play on Sunday afternoon. :p
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ceodoc wrote: »
    Lolz,
    So the 30th is launch, not Beta?
    And if it is still Beta, when is launch?
    Haha
    Doc

This has already been answered over a few dozen times in this thread alone.
    xroachp wrote: »
    Its little bit stupit only usa time @ prelauch not europa time but waiting till 17 pm

Uh . . . it's a US based game, in PST for everyone regardless of race, gender or location LOL. They DID put links up very visible and very obvious that tell you what time it launches in your time zone. All you have to do is click the link and it automatically gives you your local time. Did you expect them to clutter the page with a long redundant and inefficient list of times from the same source? ;)
    tekaru wrote: »

Raz already answered this, but since this keeps popping up literally everywhere on these forums . . .

DAYS:HOURS:MINUTES:SECONDS

The first clue is the seconds, ticking down on the right. Usually you go from there and increment up one unit for every ":" you see going towards the left.

I don't think it should be called "open beta" if it's not open to everyone. >.> Or at least open to everyone who has spent money on the game... at least the starter pack people should be allowed to play on Sunday afternoon.

What gives you the impression it is not open to everyone? It IS open to everyone. Again . . . answered over a few dozen times in this thread alone. In 3 days, 22 minutes from the time I am typing this, open beta begins for absolutely everyone with absolutely no limitations.
  • Options
    bfavrebfavre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    has anyone with 5 day early access been able to login pretty easily?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well so far i cant login and im suppose to be able to
  • Options
    maydayzebramaydayzebra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Those who bought the guardian pack should be able to login 9 mins ago, wassap?:p Do i need to update anything to get the option 4 login?
  • Options
    xarenixareni Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bought guardian pack its been 22min past the "Guardian Pack" launch. Anyone still getting the display message "you can not play right now"? Should i be worried that my account didnt recognize my purchase (even though it says i did buy it) or is it just a delay? The timer now is for the 30th not sure what to do, but kinda ticked off about my purchase now.
  • Options
    fluffyscruffyfluffyscruffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am having the same issue. Tells me I can not play right now. Yet my Boyfriend is on and playing. he bought his guardian pack two weeks ago, I bought mine four days ago.
  • Options
    xarenixareni Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here, so whats up and what can we do cause i am not gonna send an email and wait for response. This is whack and i want free perma gear for waiting...
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bfavre wrote: »
    has anyone with 5 day early access been able to login pretty easily?

Been playing every day now and not had a single log in issue. In fact I am surprised at how stable the servers are considering the amount of people logged on.

bfavre wrote: »
    Well so far i cant login and im suppose to be able to

Did you buy a Founder pack? If not then you log in on the 30th.

Actually . . . to all of you that made the recent replies . . . HOW are you trying to log in? The reason I ask is a lot of people during the Beta Weekends had the same issue, and it was found that they were using the wrong log-in method. They were trying to log DIRECTLY into the game using their Game Client, and you are supposed to use the Launcher. Once they started using their launcher and not the game client, everything started working beautifully for them. I am suspecting a lot of you are doing the same, based on what I am seeing here.

The default path is typically "C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe" unless you changed your install location. So if you are instead trying to connect using GameClient.exe then you will NOT be able to log in properly as you are not getting the appropriate launcher updates from the server.
  • Options
    fluffyscruffyfluffyscruffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    An hour ago I received an emailed titled "Your Guardian of Neverwinter Pack – Important Info!" and now I can log in, yay!
  • Options
    firelogsfirelogs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dang. I had a reply typed out as to how I finally got it working. I'll give a short version. You need to make sure you apply the pack to your account by using the link provided in an email you should have received titled "Your Neverwinter Pack Transaction is Not Complete!" Once you click the link, towards the top of your transaction summary should be a message that says "Your transaction is complete. The Guardian of Neverwinter Pack is now applied to your account." After that, you should receive the email that fluffyscruffy mentioned, "Your Guardian of Neverwinter Pack - Important Info!" You should now be able to log in. At least that's how it ended up working for me.
  • Options
    tanglestangles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am not happy :( I bought the Guardian founder's pack. I logged on within 10 min of the time for open beta on the 27th, made my char and then logged off for real life doings. Now I cannot log in at all. I click on the exe file, and it cannot find the webpage to download/update. I reported this to PWE/PWI and got a response stating we'll get back to you in 3-4 days. THAT SUCKS! I've restarted the computer and the internet modem. I can do pretty much anything BUT play Neverwinter :( I was able to play during 2 closed beta weekends, but that's it. I hope this is fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    tangles wrote: »
    I am not happy :( I bought the Guardian founder's pack. I logged on within 10 min of the time for open beta on the 27th, made my char and then logged off for real life doings. Now I cannot log in at all. I click on the exe file, and it cannot find the webpage to download/update. I reported this to PWE/PWI and got a response stating we'll get back to you in 3-4 days. THAT SUCKS! I've restarted the computer and the internet modem. I can do pretty much anything BUT play Neverwinter :( I was able to play during 2 closed beta weekends, but that's it. I hope this is fixed soon.

You said you clicked on the exe file . . . which exe file? Just want to make sure you are clicking the correct one (see my reply a few posts above for details as to why).
  • Options
    mikex79xmikex79x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    When will the Foundry toolset be availible to use Cryptic???
  • Options
    eikus83eikus83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Once I DL the launcher how many gigs of updates will there be?
  • Options
    maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi :) new here and just downloaded NW, patched and all ready to go in about 1day 20hrs!. Currently a Lifetime member in STO and have loved the Cryptic experience so far and simply can't wait to extend it into this one!! Devoted Cleric...now that sounds good for starters :D
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    eikus83 wrote: »
    Once I DL the launcher how many gigs of updates will there be?

Not much. The install did the largest part. The patch as of right now after a fresh install is only like a gig or so, according to a friend who just installed it and patched with "on-demand" disabled (which forces the game to download all updates at launch, instead of during your loading screens as you play).
    Hi :) new here and just downloaded NW, patched and all ready to go in about 1day 20hrs!. Currently a Lifetime member in STO and have loved the Cryptic experience so far and simply can't wait to extend it into this one!! Devoted Cleric...now that sounds good for starters :D

Aye I love my Cleric so far . . . and Rogue . . . and Guardian . . . and Wizard . . . >.> Actually it is rare that I find MMO games where I am so close on which class is better. They are all evenly balanced and very well made. Usually I am just a healer in all MMOs, but Neverwinter has me exploring roles I never even came close to liking in other games. :)
  • Options
    vorphevorphe Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2013
    Kick ***, been waiting for the legacy of NWN to make its presence online. I am very excited, been missing it! So many threads, so much info to read but I'm working on it. Unfortunately I cannot afford a foundry pack but I'm sure I'll sub once that's offered :)
    Cheers!
  • Options
    rluminusrluminus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No Dice Friend. I lost my characters.. :-(
  • Options
    maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Aye I love my Cleric so far . . . and Rogue . . . and Guardian . . . and Wizard . . . >.> Actually it is rare that I find MMO games where I am so close on which class is better. They are all evenly balanced and very well made. Usually I am just a healer in all MMOs, but Neverwinter has me exploring roles I never even came close to liking in other games. :)

Sounds like I'm going to have a heap of fun trying them all then, since I have played roles very much like yourself also :) I did try to access Beta back in March all to no avail sadly, no key given, so I'm hanging to get started!
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • Options
    flurdtflurdt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Love this game :D
  • Options
    bulletimagebulletimage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't Wait! :D
  • Options
    joakimmvmjoakimmvm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bought the guardian foundery pack in march....havent got any of the mails some of you mentioned, and i cant play...before the open beta starts. omfg
  • Options
    alper86alper86 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The game is still open I do not want to waste downloading install the game looks like what I want to play a good game
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    joakimmvm wrote: »
    I bought the guardian foundery pack in march....havent got any of the mails some of you mentioned, and i cant play...before the open beta starts. omfg

You will not get a key. The moment you bought that pack your account was flagged. You should be able to log in immediately now. The ONLY "keys" needed were for friends and special promotions. Everything else is always automatic.
    alper86 wrote: »
    The game is still open I do not want to waste downloading install the game looks like what I want to play a good game

Er . . . you may wish to use Google translate . . . whatever that was did not come out clearly at all.
  • Options
    alper86alper86 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Google Translate is a good thing if it is not to mention it would not have understood what you wrote
  • Options
    gycorkygycorky Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    April 30, 2013... GMT???