test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what a pitty to publisher..

2»

Comments

• adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I upgraded a PC recently for less than 300 bucks. New motherboard, ram, CPU and video card. It plays NW just fine. If you spent 200 to play early, you should be able to afford a few hundred to get your computer up to speed. You can keep your hard drive, computer case, and other things in most cases. It sounds like you might be in Europe, so I don't know how easy it is to get computer parts over there. If you can find them, it's not too hard to do your own upgrade. There are tons of Youtube videos that will walk you through building your own PC.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i cant imagine you need anything more than a graphics card and some RAM to be able to run this well.
    im on a computer with nothing more than an integrated graphics card and i can still play it.
    21.jpg
  • adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    Wow, it seems some of you are out for blood on this thread.
    I can't begin to fathom even after his post has been addressed and clarified that some of you continue to bash him repeatedly.
    I'm pretty sure he got the point after the first 3 posts.
    Some of you want to deem him as someone with 'lack of intelligence' and yet you're making it quite obvious that you have a 'lack of maturity'
    Grow up.

Mechafall, even though I feel for you, you honestly should've taken into consideration if your machine could handle this game.
    I understand that things like that are over-looked these days. With most of them having options to be able to run them at lower-quality, but better performance; it almost can almost be assumed that any game could be playable on any machine. Although sometimes, like in your case, some PC's simply can't handle certain games.

That being said, you could go into the Visual settings and move both sliders down to the "Speed" option and see if that helps you at all. If it doesn't, I'm sorry. I wish I could offer better information; but If that method is inefficient, my only guess is you would have to upgrade your machine's components.

Good luck!
    Hope everything works out for you. <3

I think the point of most people's take on this is that computer hardware is not a very good excuse at this point. Most computer gamers know how to upgrade our computers on a regular basis to keep up with new games. Unless the OP is a Consol gamer, or plays a bunch of games from GOG.com it doesn't make sense for him to get as far buying a top end Founder Pack without having a good enough machine to play it. It's just too cheap and easy to upgrade. It almost sounds like it might not even be true.
  • stephenowensstephenowens Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey if you're willing to blow $200 for basically $200 of currency, a mount and a few trinkets - A few days early access but your computer is ***. Maaaybe it's time for a new computer.

Also why would they refund anything? You logged in early, you got all the items. Their part of the deal is done. Minimum specifications are printed and pretty obvious from the videos.
  • vorsandvorsand Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love how everyone is being so harsh about a refund now but lets say if they decide to do something like make new classes available only with purchase for 30-60 days before everyone else, or have the renegade drow pack available on the 30th for purchase, most of you guys would be demanding a refund even though it has nothing to do with your purchase. Would love to see how you guys would respond to such snide know it all 'read the fine print' attitudes then.

Bottom line is they don't have to refund anything ever for any reason once you agree to the terms but I have seen plenty of companies refund online purchases such as this for a myriad of reasons ranging from, no explanation to valid reasons. Probably because those companies care about customer satisfaction.
  • neodarkaxeneodarkaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mechafall wrote: »
    my system req says it can handle it, should not be to hard to realise that or in fact i would never order the founder.

LAG as you call it is caused by your connection to the server, that includes router, modem, isp provder. You would need to be able to download at least 1o megabit per second for it not to lag. The most common reason for lag is the router not be configured to play online mmo's. Newer routers have these mostly figured out, but any router over 2 years is going to most likely have to be configured manually. Adding port triggers, etc.
    Go to a speedtest site and see what the acutal speed is. Now if what you lag is stuttering during battles, then your graphics card dirvers or the card itself is unable to handle the graphics. that is usely a last resort type of problem.

NeoDarkaxe.

hope this helps some
  • hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mechafall wrote: »
    I bought founder pack because friends told me its an awesome game, once i get in game i cannot play it.. lagg to much and also my computer seem to old.

sent a mail to support about refund that i cannot play the game and they denied my refund, it just prove what kind of publisher this is, i feel pitty for them who cant understand players who cant play the game.

do they really believe people who get threated like this will spend any money on any of their games?

sad players, who hopping om some justice.
    If your PC is too old that is your fault. The specs have been out for some time now as has the weekend betas.
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello All,

That's too bad that the O.P.'s system cannot handle the game,This is why I would never spend soo much on a game at the get go.

Just a few questions,

1) Maybe you could post your System Specs for the people reading this

2) What other games do you play and at what settings, if I was to drop 200 coin on a game I would be almost positive that my machine could handle it, heck even my(your) friends should know if your machine would play the game.

3) What is your ISP connection speed, is it a Hard wired connection or are you sifting your neighbors WiFi

These are just a few questions, I played Aion on My old XP P4 machine on medium to high settings and it played great, except for the crowded towns, where there were a lot of people around(online)

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Notice of Moderation:

. . . . .
    Many posts have been removed. If what one is about to say is in any way rude or insulting, don't post it. There is no reason for rudeness, condescending attitudes, and malcontent. Furthermore, posting on youtube links and other meme type images is forbidden. Please review the Rules of Conduct folks! Do not reply to this notice of moderation, use PMs or contact Support to discuss or dispute Moderator Actions.

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator