test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

While We Wait: name your favourite D&D character

infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You can name any, legit character or NPC from any D&D book or lore or game.

Im going to go ahead and say...

Naljier Skal

Your turn!
"Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
Post edited by infi321 on

Comments

• Options
    infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    I personally like Raistlin. I know it's Dragonlance. But he's awesome.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Raistlin.png
  • Options
    wolfpaqdwolfpaqd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Drizzit. I can't wait to name my half orc that, or some variation of it :)
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Dekin *_*,im guy but ima say it.Dekin is so cute !
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    wolfpaqd wrote: »
    Drizzit. I can't wait to name my half orc that, or some variation of it :)

There are literally 30+ people with that name already.
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    . . . . . Strictly NPC-wise, it would be a tie between Elminster Aumar and The Simbul. If we're talking about any D&D being persona though, it would be the Mystryl entity.

. . . . . I love every aspect of the Mystryl being, from her creation -- being born from a battle between Selune and Shar, where Selune sacrificed and ripped out all her own magics and hurled it at Shar, in an attempt to destroy Shar. Instead, Selune's unleashed magic ripped through Shar and took all of Shar's magic with it. The two combined magics then formed into the being we have known as Mystryl and Mystra, a being that little realise is magic itself, given consciousness -- to her interaction with others, mortals and her "children."

. . . . . The only thing I do not like is how the other gods keep trying to kill her. Thankfully, she will always come back as long as magic still exists in the form created by Lord Ao, Selune, and Shar in the beginning. Then with the laws placed by Ao upon her, Mystryl's power is then spread throughout Realmspace, any maybe even beyond... through her Chosens and items known simply as Blueflame Items. Wherever magic is, so too is she... whether she is sentient there or not however, that is a matter for debate.
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    drizzt do'urden huge fan of drow's ^^
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    elfkicker5000elfkicker5000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    St. Cuthbert. No idea why, but I have always liked him. All my AD&D characters were followers...
    Thanks, Dave and Gary.
  • Options
    tyorlltyorll Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Drizt! That guy is amazing. He's like this powerful elf with dark skin. His tiger friend is awesome too, clawing a giant's faces so he can stab them in the back of the leg with his twin rapiers. Going to make a trickster rogue just like him, stabby stabby!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Milo Jagan.

^-^
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Liriel Baenre,Erevis Cale and the Simbul... i cant make up my mind between the three
  • Options
    formula94formula94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I throw one out there for Cadderly
  • Options
    draezendirehanddraezendirehand Member Posts: 93
    edited April 2013
    Erevis Cale
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1.jpg
    When life turns it's back on you, sneak attack it for extra damage!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Strictly NPC-wise, it would be a tie between Elminster Aumar and The Simbul. If we're talking about any D&D being persona though, it would be the Mystryl entity.

. . . . . I love every aspect of the Mystryl being, from her creation -- being born from a battle between Selune and Shar, where Selune sacrificed and ripped out all her own magics and hurled it at Shar, in an attempt to destroy Shar. Instead, Selune's unleashed magic ripped through Shar and took all of Shar's magic with it. The two combined magics then formed into the being we have known as Mystryl and Mystra, a being that little realise is magic itself, given consciousness -- to her interaction with others, mortals and her "children."

. . . . . The only thing I do not like is how the other gods keep trying to kill her. Thankfully, she will always come back as long as magic still exists in the form created by Lord Ao, Selune, and Shar in the beginning. Then with the laws placed by Ao upon her, Mystryl's power is then spread throughout Realmspace, any maybe even beyond... through her Chosens and items known simply as Blueflame Items. Wherever magic is, so too is she... whether she is sentient there or not however, that is a matter for debate.

Ive always been intrigued by the story of Ao...because the stories are so rare. But once you read about it its like whaaaaat! :)

I love the demon wars between Orcus and Demogorgon and the fight for the Nine Hells...awsome stories!!!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    Ive always been intrigued by the story of Ao...because the stories are so rare. But once you read about it its like whaaaaat! :)

I love the demon wars between Orcus and Demogorgon and the fight for the Nine Hells...awsome stories!!!

. . . . . Indeed! I suppose Lord Ao is also another favorite of mine. I just love though how he feared the potential that Mystryl could become, so he makes her spread her power out through out the Multiverse, in order to keep her in check. What really intrigues me though, is just what being Lord Ao serves and calls "Master."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    . . . . . Indeed! What really intrigues me though, is just what being Lord Ao serves and calls "Master."

I think we all can nod agreeingly to that one haha!
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    . . . . . Indeed! I suppose Lord Ao is also another favorite of mine. I just love though how he feared the potential that Mystryl could become, so he makes her spread her power out through out the Multiverse, in order to keep her in check. What really intrigues me though, is just what being Lord Ao serves and calls "Master."

Oh yeah the end of Times of Trouble where Ao turns around and talks to someone who seems like is his Boss.... i always just assumed that was Ed Greenwood or something... though funner stuff is imaging that each sphere has an "Ao" like Dragonlance, Red Sun... greyhawk etc etc
  • Options
    prysianprysian Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Havilar, from the Brimstone Angels series. I really like strong female characters, and something about her just screams adorable to me. :D
  • Options
    sent8sent8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013

Couldn't agree more for all 3 of those choices. I have read every novel on Elminster except for the most recent one about his daughter. Because of his novels I also became a fan of Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun. One other mention is Elaith Craulnober the Elven rogue who I believe makes his appearance in the Waterdeep novel??? He was the elitist type elf, but a kickass rogue.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I gotta go with Drizzt.
  • Options
    cruegarcruegar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The ranger named Minsc and his space hamster named Boo! " Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!"
    Minsc the ranger and his Space hamster Boo, most famous quotes:
    "Go for the eyes Boo!!! Go for the eyes !!"
    "Make way Evil ! I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!"
    "A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!"
    "When the going gets tough, someone hold my rodent!"
    " I need aid soon, lest my hamster become an orphan."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    cruegar wrote: »
    The ranger named Minsc and his space hamster named Boo! " Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!"

You're just going to set off Andre again......
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Anyone remember Noober from BG1 ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Anyone remember Noober from BG1 ?

Remember him? I named my cat after him.
  • Options
    kendokkenkendokken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cyric and Raistlin are 2 of my favorites
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You point, I punch!
    cruegar wrote: »
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Remember him? I named my cat after him.

haha...because he was just as annoying?
  • Options
    championchains03championchains03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was never a big fan of Drizzt though I have read all of the Drizzt saga. He's a great fighter of course, but the rest of the Drow have always intrigued me much more. I feel that Drizzts character relies too heavily on the cliche hero-for-the-greater-good archetype.

Danifae Yauntyrr and Pharaun Mizzrym are two of my favorite Drow. The scheming, politics, religion and constant sense of chaos and deception permeating all Drow society makes for really great stories.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    haha...because he was just as annoying?

You have no idea how much so.....
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Lady of Pain
    Everyone from Planescape: Torment Especially Nordom and Morte.
    Minsc from Baldur's gate.
    Deekin Scalesinger from Neverwinter Nights
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC