test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game forever

gorulkgorulk Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've been playing WoW since the original ALPHA since I was the leader of a prestigious clan in EQ. I've tried other games and was pretty excited about them thinking they would tear me away from WoW. i've been wanting to get away from that game for years and years now because i've accomplished everything there is to in that game that's even worth wild. But I haven't been able to because all the games that had promise turned out sucking real bad. i've been watching every closed BETA weekend and have been watching the last 24 hours of early access. And sinec then I've came to the conclusion that this game out of all the others will completely get me away from that game. I love everything about this game. Every aspect to me is amazing from non tab targeting system to not having to bind 90 different keybinds just to be competative in pvp which I currently do for a couple classes. I really hope this lives up to my expectations which by what I'm seeing so far it exactly what i've been looking for. I've even started the process of selling my WoW account and have told the guild I've been in for almost 7 years now that I will be quiting as pvp leader/core raider. I can't wait to get started in this game. I know it will be the best game around and will have at least 20 people coming over to this game to play with me.
Post edited by gorulk on

Comments

• gorulkgorulk Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And to all the Game Master's I've read ALOT of threads and just wanted to thank you for being so incredibly helpfull towards people that need help. nice to see good GM's for a change that get right on issues that need to be addressed.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Actually, if end game pve is going to be as "difficult" as dungeons (at least up to level 40) I predict it's gonna be "This game 2 months".
    edited April 2013
    No I want it to be as diffacult as possible. I hate games that make **** friendly raids/dungeons. There needs to be a challenge. I've already got 13/13 heroic ToT and everything since KJ in WoW has been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> easy. There needs to be an element of skill involved in downing content not an addon that tells you exactly everythign to do.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    gorulk wrote: »
    No I want it to be as diffacult as possible. I hate games that make **** friendly raids/dungeons. There needs to be a challenge. I've already got 13/13 heroic ToT and everything since KJ in WoW has been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> easy. There needs to be an element of skill involved in downing content not an addon that tells you exactly everythign to do.

As I have seen on someone's twitch channel, dungeons are utterly faceroll. There's barely any need for tank or healer.
    edited April 2013
    I've watched the dungeon encounter with the giant green dragon and i haven't seen anyone beat it yet. So it seems like some of the content is pretty diffcult. But if not then more then likely people will be posting about it to creat some type of reform.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mad dragon lair,wolfs den are not so easy at least they were hard in bw3
    edited April 2013
    Hmm...what I saw certainly had no dragon or wolves in it.
    edited April 2013
    Yeah mad dragon lair is the one I'm talking about.
    edited April 2013
    Look up mad dragon lair on youtube. You won't be saying it's easy or not challenging after watching that.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    As I have seen on someone's twitch channel, dungeons are utterly faceroll. There's barely any need for tank or healer.
    So let me get this straight. You have not played yet?
    How can you judge on somebodys video without trying it for yourself.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wolf Den is no cake walk either... just saying.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Actually, if end game pve is going to be as "difficult" as dungeons (at least up to level 40) I predict it's gonna be "This game 2 months".
    Why did you buy the Guardian pack then? If you think its going to suck then why did you not wait till the 30th?
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. You have not played yet?
    How can you judge on somebodys video without trying it for yourself.

I don't think that particular situation required me to involve personally.
    Why did you buy the Guardian pack then? If you think its going to suck then why did you not wait till the 30th?

Cause I got a big huge nothing else to play nor anything else to do.
  • eternaldetroiteternaldetroit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As I have seen on someone's twitch channel, dungeons are utterly faceroll.

In other words, he hasn't played the game yet but feels he is truly qualified to explain how all dungeons work in the game.
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As leader of the number one guild in EverQuest, I agree. I can't wait to begin what I hope is a multi-year obsession.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Chomag, when you open a box of candies, do you think, "Mhm, I will really love these while they last! Gosh, they will be so yummy!", or do you look at them and go, "Ugh, it's just twenty. Won't be long before I have eaten those. Why couldn't they put more in there? This sucks." before you had the chance to enjoy even one of the candies?

The candies will be what they are in either case. The enjoyment you will get out of them will, however, depend entirely on your attitude toward them.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited April 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    As leader of the number one guild in EverQuest, I agree. I can't wait to begin what I hope is a multi-year obsession.

Frank a.k.a. Maldevin?
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited April 2013
    In other words, he hasn't played the game yet but feels he is truly qualified to explain how all dungeons work in the game.

He may not be qualified, but having traveled with my good friend to the year 2018 and getting Max level BiS gear on my 38 different characters ( one for each class ) I can say at that point it was kinda easy. . .
  • decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    Nice read and i share your feelings can't wait to get this game started :) happy gaming m8.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Chomag, when you open a box of candies, do you think, "Mhm, I will really love these while they last! Gosh, they will be so yummy!", or do you look at them and go, "Ugh, it's just twenty. Won't be long before I have eaten those. Why couldn't they put more in there? This sucks." before you had the chance to enjoy even one of the candies?

The candies will be what they are in either case. The enjoyment you will get out of them will, however, depend entirely on your attitude toward them.

You cant argue he is 100% tho. If "endgame" (whatevet that entity that is in Neverwinter) fails, the entire longivity fails and then the game will only be left with 20 fat hardcore D&D nerds arguing about what the dice actually rolled.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    You cant argue he is 100% tho. If "endgame" (whatevet that entity that is in Neverwinter) fails, the entire longivity fails and then the game will only be left with 20 fat hardcore D&D nerds arguing about what the dice actually rolled.
    Endgame huh. I guess everybody forgot about the Foundry.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been playing WoW since the original ALPHA since I was the leader of a prestigious clan in EQ. I've tried other games and was pretty excited about them thinking they would tear me away from WoW. i've been wanting to get away from that game for years and years now because i've accomplished everything there is to in that game that's even worth wild. But I haven't been able to because all the games that had promise turned out sucking real bad. i've been watching every closed BETA weekend and have been watching the last 24 hours of early access. And sinec then I've came to the conclusion that this game out of all the others will completely get me away from that game. I love everything about this game. Every aspect to me is amazing from non tab targeting system to not having to bind 90 different keybinds just to be competative in pvp which I currently do for a couple classes. I really hope this lives up to my expectations which by what I'm seeing so far it exactly what i've been looking for. I've even started the process of selling my WoW account and have told the guild I've been in for almost 7 years now that I will be quiting as pvp leader/core raider. I can't wait to get started in this game. I know it will be the best game around and will have at least 20 people coming over to this game to play with me.

Really? What server were you on during "alpha". I had several colleagues at Blizzard when Wow was first being developed... they never had open alpha to anyone outside the company.. even internally it was limited.
  • prysianprysian Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Endgame huh. I guess everybody forgot about the Foundry.

Agreed. Endgame could be a complete flop and the foundry would still keep me entertained until new content comes out.
    edited April 2013
    Really? What server were you on during "alpha". I had several colleagues at Blizzard when Wow was first being developed... they never had open alpha to anyone outside the company.. even internally it was limited.

I don't even remember the names of girls i was with ten years ago let alone a server name. And it wasn't an open alpha. They just chose a very select few to actually participate in the alpha and i just so happened to be one of them.
  • pembspembs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Can I have your stuff? -and- You'll be back. :)

Seriously though, I hope you do find a new start in NW. I have tried many MMOs over the years too, some have been rubbish, some have been OK and some have even convinced me after a few days that yes, this is the game I will quit WoW for. Without fail though, I have always slipped back into WoW after a few weeks. Maybe NW will be different. Who knows. I'm not getting my hopes up yet though.

It's not like that's a huge problem or even a bad thing. Play what you like after all. I still do enjoy Wow, even after all these years.
    edited April 2013
    I
    pembs wrote: »
    Can I have your stuff? -and- You'll be back. :)

Seriously though, I hope you do find a new start in NW. I have tried many MMOs over the years too, some have been rubbish, some have been OK and some have even convinced me after a few days that yes, this is the game I will quit WoW for. Without fail though, I have always slipped back into WoW after a few weeks. Maybe NW will be different. Who knows. I'm not getting my hopes up yet though.

It's not like that's a huge problem or even a bad thing. Play what you like after all. I still do enjoy Wow, even after all these years.

I don't injoy it much anymore. Only reason i play it because the 4-5 people i've arena'd with since S1 are irl friends and most quit WoW either last or this xpac and I told about this game and they want to join me in it. So pretty much already I have a few people for a guild and I know they are super competative and want to do the pve aspect of the game also.
  • prysianprysian Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm hoping NW will give me a new fresh world to explore. I mean, I know a lot about the Realms, but it will be great to play something deep and refreshing.

On a side note, I picked up WoW again, bought MoP, played it for 3 days and was like "meh". I finally figured out I wasn't really tired of the lore of the game, so much as I was tired of the same old game play.
    edited April 2013
    prysian wrote: »
    I'm hoping NW will give me a new fresh world to explore. I mean, I know a lot about the Realms, but it will be great to play something deep and refreshing.

On a side note, I picked up WoW again, bought MoP, played it for 3 days and was like "meh". I finally figured out I wasn't really tired of the lore of the game, so much as I was tired of the same old game play.

That and the community is nothing but teenage *** trolls. i remember when vanilla was out and everyone helped you out no matter if they were in your guild or not. People were more mature back then. Now it's just a bunch of people yelling you mad bro at people and being grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>'s like that Tim guy or w/e his name was.
  • infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised if he started playing WoW 5 months later. Everyone just gets into hype on new games. People always rush content then scare the casual gamers away with negativity about no end game. The game will never have enough content. They simply can't make it fast enough.
  • loclgod13loclgod13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That dragon you all speak of i have downed in the beta. While yes it was difficult it took a just a few attempts to figure out the mechanics.