test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game forever

2»

Comments

• loclgod13loclgod13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought the foundry had a little bit of promise as far as additional content. Only time will tell i suppose.........
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Notice of Moderation:

Well met everyone,

. . . . .A handful of posts have been sent to the Lower Depths from this thread. Grammar policing is not allowed and is a form of trolling and personal attacks. Also, let's stay on topic and not drift into off-the-wall real world semantics and analogies. Please do not reply to this notice of Moderation, instead contact us via PM or Support do discuss Moderator actions.

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    You cant argue he is 100% tho. If "endgame" (whatevet that entity that is in Neverwinter) fails, the entire longivity fails and then the game will only be left with 20 fat hardcore D&D nerds arguing about what the dice actually rolled.

If surveys can be believed, WoW's player base consists mostly of casual players who never raid and who never get past heroic dungeons. The very heroic dungeons that the hardcore gamers cleared in the first week after an expansion. The majority of players quest, level up alts, do said heroic dungeons, hop into random PvP battlegrounds, play with the AH and socialize. It is only a minority to whom the raid content actually matters.

I know it's easy to overlook this when you're an ambitioned gamer, and I have to remind myself of that often too, but yes, most of the money comes from casual players whose needs are entirely different from the people who eat up content at a high rate and who enjoy wiping for weeks on the same raid bosses. Case in point, very hardcore MMOs after EQ have all failed financially. (And EQ would be a failure by today's subscription expectations.)

I sometimes think some people look for a game that they can live rather than play.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • loclgod13loclgod13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well said my friend!
  • jestal1jestal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Ya for challenge in games. Playing Path of Exile was such a nice change in the direction of challenge. I hope content gets challenging and people in the foundry make hard missions.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I have played pretty much all of the content that Neverwinter has to offer because I was in alpha testing, and I just wanted to say that the content in this game is really really tough, and definitely not easy by any stretch of your imagination.