Options

SHADOW - Roleplay Guild

124»

Comments

• Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

UPDATE: As of May 1, 2013, we are CLOSED for recruitment.

Based on a guild wide vote and some very rapid growth, we are currently closed for recruitment and new members. We will revisit guild size in a few weeks and may open recruitment again at that time. But as of right now, we are NOT accepting new members.

My apologies for any inconvenience, but we note that there are many other EXCELLENT RP guilds out there and we refer you to this site to locate them:

BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

UPDATE: As of May 28, 2013, we are OPEN again for recruitment.

SHADOW is back open for business!

After a month of settling down with closed recruitment, SHADOW is now ready to open up its doors to role players who would like to join a fun, collaborative and highly active RP guild!

Our guild offers you a solid core of players across Europe and North America, spanning most time zones and play schedules. We offer multiple events every single week, as well as skill players in PVP and end-game raiding and a massive guild bank now 6 tabs deep! We also offer a tight four-division structure, that complements our RP as well as provide unique RP-flavor options for all members.

Finally, we are a democratic guild. We vote on all major issues, including who actually runs the actual guild itself. So new leadership every few months keeps our campaign fresh and allows all members to aspire to leadership roles (should you desire it, it's fine to join us and not aspire to leadership as well of course).

Our democratic style is one of many unique features, which also include documenting our plots, collaborative Foundry design, canonical Forum RP, mock comic books, a massive gallery, Astral Diamond prizes for consuming and learning our guild lore and other cool features too numerous to mention!

So join SHADOW!

SHADOW is a cabal that secretly lusts for wealth and power, a collection of brothers and sisters who swear loyalty to one another, while they uncover the deepest, darkest secrets of Neverwinter!

To join us, fill out an application here:

SHADOW - Recruitment Form

Questions? Feel free to ask them here! I'll monitor the thread and do my best to answer all concerns!

Thank you!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

Hello again, just a reminder that as of May 28, 2013, we are back open for recruitment. The link is here...

SHADOW - Recruitment Form

I wanted to also emphasize that we are a ROLE PLAYING guild.

Although we welcome all styles of RP (light, medium and heavy), those who do not RP at all, won't be a good fit with us.

Although it is true we have a very large guild bank, stuffed with goodies to help you level and it is true we are scheduling and running high-end raids now regularly, we welcome ROLE PLAYER recruits, not just gamers who want to ride our "gravy train" or good guild loot and solid, executed dungeon runs.

My sorry for the confusion, but please, join us for the ROLE PLAY first and our other great assets second.

I mention this because I had to turn away several applications this week, from those who simply have no interest in RP. Yes, it's true that RP guilds are often friendly, mature places to play. But for our guild at least, your inclusion with us is predicated on the notion that you want to RP with us, not just hang out with us because we're cool. :)

I am sure non-RPers will be happier elsewhere, there's lots of great non-RP guilds out there.

We're a RP guild, we don't RP all the time and our guild chat is OOC, but our primary focus is, and always will be collaborative, plot-based role play.

Thanks!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    tyaantyaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello, long time RP'er/game player. This guild looks like it is just what my better half and I have been looking for and for a very long time. It has been years since we experienced the fun of playing with an organized and dedicated RP guild. We have watched your videos and read through your guild web page but one thing, one very important piece of information we have yet to locate. Please help us out and tell us which server are you on???
  • Options
    neeja737neeja737 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes which shard are you on?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    We are on Mindflayer, this was discussed much earlier in the thread, but I see now that it needs to be on the very first page.

Mindflayer was chosen because the RP community took a shard vote a few weeks before launch and we agreed to abide by the majority ruling there.

My thanks to both of you for raising the question and I've updated the very first page on this thread with that info accordingly!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    silivrenasilivrena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your guild looks great...I really hope they combine the shards soon, I am on Dragon. Been a long time since been able to find a good rp group, it is so hard in large MMO's like this. Always been into role-playing,though got into it heavy once the original Neverwinter Nights came out. It was so much easier their as you could control the environment. I love your tenets that you don't allow subversive rp within the group. You are so right..when you really put yourself into your character fully and then the friend you trusted betrays you its hard not to take it personal. Even when you know they just did it for rp reasons, and I have seen many guilds destroyed this way. I would switch but the main I would like to join is my hin rogue, and she is a bit of a compulsive busy body working on mastering all the crafts and have already spent so much time and diamonds on it... Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on all the great work you been doing. Hopefully, me and my partner in crime Ithil will get to see you soon.
  • Options
    mistysummermistysummer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    I have been with the guild since launch and now that we are moving into our toddler stage in Neverwinter, things are starting to get very interesting as plot lines grow... Just saying *sly smile*
    Showscreation.png

"Blindness is a private matter between a person and the eyes they choose to use. For there are none so blind as those that do not listen dalharil"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

SHADOW is electing a new Chancellor right now. This means an entirely new person is going to be leading this guild in a few days. It's very exciting.

I'll be moving onto another, smaller RP project next week, but fully endorse and support SHADOW which has grown to an outstanding size and is, quite truthfully one of the largest, most pervasive RP guilds all the entire Mindflayer shard. Our guild bank is LOADED, we've got dozens of active level 60s, we've conquered every dungeon and gone on long PVP win streaks. We also have some of the most intense, collaborative and intriguing plots around.

Since SHADOW is moving to a new leader, I've held back from approving many of the requests to join us this week, to let the new leader review and approve them. That leader comes online by Friday. So if you are waiting to join us, please stand by, we'll get you your answer soon. I believe there are about 10 (maybe more) applications in the queue awaiting approval.

When the new leader is elected, I'll hand over ownership of the site and the guild to the newly elected leader. The site was paid for - by me - since February and remains paid for until August or so. At which point SHADOW can set up a standard Paypal system to keep the guild expenses shared.

I'll leave SHADOW entirely. My new project will be announced next week. It will be a much smaller guild, one I can manage better given the growing responsibilities at work. That said, SHADOW is amazing and I encourage and any all RPers on the Mindflayer shard to check it out. You won't regret it, there's some terrific people there, players I will treasure and value for providing me with some great D&D.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does this Guild still exist?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They do. One of my guildies recently needed to move one of his characters over to them to play out some story development.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, I managed to find them on-line and joined up. I should go back and make a post, as if I am inactive to long they will kick me!

Had some connection issues recently, tough...