test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So..all the Zen I dumped into Beta isn't going to be available until 30 Apr?!?

Comments

• Options
    mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    This is the bag issue for the founders packs all over again....

Launch is at 2am here, and I have work tomorrow, it hardly seems worth it to get up at 2am and be tired for the work day if there is no zen to play with...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Normally a breach of edicut but please post the response that you got from the ticket.
    I'll read it and see what might have happened and of course pass the question on to the powers that be.
  • Options
    aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Normally a breach of edicut but please post the response that you got from the ticket.
    I'll read it and see what might have happened and of course pass the question on to the powers that be.

Thank you Ambi, I really want to hear about this ASAP. I'm more than a little disconcerted regarding this issue.
  • Options
    hosierman1hosierman1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited April 2013
    I cannot help but think you may have gotten a response from someone who maybe misunderstood something in their brief or whatever as I would amazed if the ZEN is not in our accounts already waiting for us to spend once in game tomorrow (or saturday for me)

I would not have spent a single ZEN in beta had I known this was even a possibility but I'm sure its just a mix up (at least I hope so)
    Foundry quest NW-DKCR8S6GH
    Trouble at "The Rock" please play and review if you have the time, thanks
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Q: What happens to my Zen when the character wipe happens before Open Beta?
    A: All Zen purchased on your account will be returned to your Neverwinter account before Open Beta begins.

Q: If I purchase items with my Zen now, will I get my Zen back when Open Beta begins?
    A: Yes, all Zen purchased and spent before Open Beta will be fully returned to your Neverwinter account once Open Beta begins.

Source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69081-gt-FAQ-Zen-in-Neverwinter-Beta-lt

If it's true, I'll be a pissed off HotN.
    I've bold the parts that are contradicting. I did fully expected to have my Zen when Head Start started.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    hosierman1 wrote: »
    I cannot help but think you may have gotten a response from someone who maybe misunderstood something in their brief or whatever

That's my thought, or rather I'm assuming the customer service rep misunderstood the question and was responding to a slightly different matter, which is why I am curious to see the ticket response.

Just Note ASAP isn't for a while now. Som and Pin won't be back tomorrow at 10 AM PDT as far as I know. By that time you may already have an answer. :p
  • Options
    wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ya, this is something near and dear to my heart... I suppose that I'm lucky in that I kept the 'zen' I got during the %15 sale, in my 'main' cart - un-sent to Neverwinter, but there was a bunch, (>20K) that I spent during beta that I am planning on having at the start of game tomorrow.

Before I log in and click 'agree' on the EULA, I'll probably check here to make sure that the Zen is going to be in game, where we were led to believe that it would be.

if it's not, I'm going to have to do some definite soul searching before logging into the game - there would be a real possibility that I would begin the long process of seeking to reclaim all funds paid (in good faith,) if we are going to start out on such shaky footing.

(I'll hope for the best though. I just can't imagine the game company playing 'rules lawyer' like that, leading their 'core' supporters to believe one thing, all the while planing to pull a 'fast one' based on some 'technicality' of how the words were put together... that's really just too low to imagine - they wouldn't really do that ... would they?)

zWolf.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xykromaxxykromax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    Zen being not refunded for Founders pre-release OBT would be kinda hard to believe, this is why we supported the game and kinda really would feel bad organisation on there part.

I don't really believe its the cause tho.
    Lost my Proud in Owning - The Hero of the North Pack & The Guardian of Neverwinter Pack
    [
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oy! Major potential issue, I hope it all gets resolved soon and is just a misunderstanding.
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The question was quite clear. Could be that the person didn't pay too much attention, but it has been flagged. Will grab the response when I'm not on my phone :) I need to work to earn more $ to buy more Zen tomorrow it seems >_<
  • Options
    fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    Why? In a little over 12 hours I'll be able to log into the game, but apparently the 30k+ Zen I pumped into Beta isn't going to be credited back to my account until 30 Apr.

So how is this useful to me? Only way I can stick to my planned progression is to pump more Zen in? Unacceptable!

big deal. chill
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    big deal. chill

Nice troll attempt but sadly failed.
  • Options
    fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    troll attempt? dude. honest advice.
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    All my zen better be there the minute I log into the game regardless of technicality. That is all.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    it would be nice and it should be available as soon as you can play the game, but at the same time, it's not really a big deal if it isn't
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You could just wait. You know, like everybody else.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    Q: What happens to my Zen when the character wipe happens before Open Beta?
    A: All Zen purchased on your account will be returned to your Neverwinter account before Open Beta begins.

Q: If I purchase items with my Zen now, will I get my Zen back when Open Beta begins?
    A: Yes, all Zen purchased and spent before Open Beta will be fully returned to your Neverwinter account once Open Beta begins.

Source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69081-gt-FAQ-Zen-in-Neverwinter-Beta-lt

That's what I used to make decisions regarding Zen and beta. Notice it doesn't say anything about "Unless you're a founder. In which case you have to wait 3-5 days after Open Beta starts for you."

I admit that 'technically' Open Beta starts in 5 days but it seems like they should have made plans to accommodate those individuals who gave them the most money rather than inconvenience them.

I really truly hope I log in tomorrow and 9:00 am and find ALL my Zen sitting there waiting to be spent.

The loop hole your not seeing here is "WHEN OPEN BETA BEGINS" now they are calling these few days a head start so technically and I'm guessing its what they are doing, open beta doesn't start until the 30th. That being said it is a play on words and a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if that's how they play things.

I to purchased a bunch of zen thinking I would have it the moment I log in as per what the dev's said, its only rereading that I can see where they might screw us. took me 2 1/2 days to get 50, I'm guessing 3 will get me 60, wont be real eager to spend more zen if I'm maxed and have days to wait still on getting it.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The loop hole your not seeing here is "WHEN OPEN BETA BEGINS" now they are calling these few days a head start so technically and I'm guessing its what they are doing, open beta doesn't start until the 30th. That being said it is a play on words and a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if that's how they play things.

I to purchased a bunch of zen thinking I would have it the moment I log in as per what the dev's said, its only rereading that I can see where they might screw us. took me 2 1/2 days to get 50, I'm guessing 3 will get me 60, wont be real eager to spend more zen if I'm maxed and have days to wait still on getting it.

Nope, the loophole is closed here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=867801
    Neverwinter
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, works in preview, not in the forum. Oh well.

The link says Open Beta starts for HOTN on the 25th.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    elessym wrote: »

Oh nice, well there it is.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The forums don't like any sort of character or symbol that is out of font. For some reason it will cut it off. For you it was the dash in the font that got you.
    Neverwinter - Open Beta Starting Times

If you are a Hero of the North, you will be able to play Neverwinter starting April 25, 2013 at 9 A.M. PDT (Pacific)! (When is that in your time zone?)
    If you are a Guardian of Neverwinter, you will be able to play Neverwinter starting April 27, 2013 at 9 A.M. PDT (Pacific). (When is that in your time zone?)
    Non-Founders will be able to enjoy Neverwinter's Open Beta on April 30, 2013 at 9 A.M. PDT (Pacific). (When is that in your time zone?)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    it would be nice and it should be available as soon as you can play the game, but at the same time, it's not really a big deal if it isn't

So you're saying I buy more zen to follow the companion leveling path I wanted to? Is this your logic? Honey Badger disapproves.

Nice, this understanding it seems conflicts with the support response. And my god trying to do copy paste on a phone is a pain! Will add the TT response later on a laptop.
  • Options
    andreeonandreeon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any words on this subject yet awaiting response
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    andreeon wrote: »
    Any words on this subject yet awaiting response
    No one is in right now won't get an answer tell at less 2 hour before OB start . If we get one before then cool.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I am going to be at work when Open Beta starts, I hope someone will post with an answer, either from being in game or someone official.

I'd be pissed. It is a big deal, my main does not intend to use a panther but level the rock dude and maybe a cat... not having the zen for the golem for 5 days would waste a lot of leveling time. I'd have to either buy more zen, which I feel too bitter to do if this is the case or level a different character first. Either way... NOT happy and a definite way to make me stop spending in the future.
  • Options
    wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You needed to finish your sentence with a "For me." At the end of it. This is a very big deal for manny of us.

I bet you didn't spend much on zen.

Its great your so "laid back" about this, good for you. But you are mistaken in thinking that others should, "just chill" on this . It is a big deal for lots of us.

we bought their "play money" with the trust that we would get it back, I doubt anyone suspected that there would be a hold placed on it.

If there is, it is a bad bad deal for many of us, and will start what should have been an awesome experience, out all wrong. With many of us in support queues instead of on line enjoying the game.

so far, the OP has failed to show the ticket that started this whole thing, this is one case, I'm hoping he's just trolling.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    No zen for you. :D
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    this possible predicament rustles my jimmies.
  • Options
    darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    wesgar wrote: »
    so far, the OP has failed to show the ticket that started this whole thing, this is one case, I'm hoping he's just trolling.

My gut feeling about this thread .. Trolling .. has had plenty of time to show the ticket .. Ambi a mod here asked him to show it and still nothing .. so i think it's a bogus thread
  • Options
    randomdispalynamrandomdispalynam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    sjiro wrote: »
    If closed beta is over and the 25th-29th doesn't count as open beta.. What are we playing tomorrow!? I'm so confused!

Also.. I want my Zen for the head-start. I am definitely not pleased with the news I may have to wait until the 30th. Not pleased one bit.

We are playing SUPER SECRET OPEN BETA (SSOB).

Zen rules do not apply to SSOB, it is in the fine print.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ
    If not sure if a thread is posted, try the SEARCH function below:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php