test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To those who bought the founders pack.

Comments

• taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    I really itching to pull the trigger on HotN so I can start playing tomorrow, but I can't quite do it... I'll be out of town for a week starting on the 27th, so my head start would only consist of Thursday and Friday. Also, the Drow race and Spider mount aren't really incentives for me. Can someone sell me on the pack and maybe point something out that I might be missing? Also, do we know yet what the exchange rate is for AD to Zen?
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The number of people freaking out over $200 seems to indicate that somewhere along the way someone failed to explain how to be successful in this world to some people. Yeah I wouldnt just drop it on a regular game that I didnt plan on spending hundreds of hours playing but in this case I do, which means bang for buck its a great value....Hey the game is free you don't need to drop a lot of $$ on it, so why whine when someone CHOOSES to?

@Taeryl, HoTN might not be for you but a Purple Panther companion is a pretty good draw :) and the Mount too, but maybe Guardian might be of more value to you since Drow doesnt trip your trigger?
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • daes1daes1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can hardly wait, most excited about a game launch in a very long time.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    HotN is absolutely worth it if you're going to play a lot of alts. Which in this game is a definite possibility.
    Regardless I think Guardian pack is worth it for sure, if you plan on playing the game a bit.

The QQ will be strong with the F2P crowd when they realize the effort it's going to take to get a rank 3 mount for free and then see that Rank 3 cost 40 bucks in the store.

Seriously, everyone should be getting at least the Guardian pack if they are going to invest any time in the game and can afford it.
  • inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    jdnyc wrote: »
    Seriously, everyone should be getting at least the Guardian pack if they are going to invest any time in the game and can afford it.

Even if you can't afford. No excuses people! Do you have any idea how easy it is to get a quick $200 loan at the bank? DO IT!
  • elimin3elimin3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    PTO Scheduled day off... I feel it baby.
    "It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously." Peter Ustinov
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    @Taeryl, HoTN might not be for you but a Purple Panther companion is a pretty good draw :) and the Mount too, but maybe Guardian might be of more value to you since Drow doesnt trip your trigger?

The panther companion seems like it will be pretty cool, and the renegade Drow seems cool as well, but probably would not be my first character. I'm pretty sure I am going to get the Guardian pack if I don't go HoTN, but because of my trip I won't be able to play until I get back on the 4th.

The $200 doesn't really bother me since I probably have paid several times that in WoW alone. I look at it this way... $200 will get you less than a year of play time in most MMOs (if you consider game cost plus sub). If I pay $200 and get a year of play out of Neverwinter (on top of the goodies) then I will have easily gotten more value than the standard MMO. However, it's a little harder for me to predict that since I was unable to participate in any of the Betas
  • simkinsimkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Took me a while to decide if I wanted HotN or not. I think what really sold me is the breakdown for the $25 million I would be saving and a night of heavy drinking.
  • inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    taeryl wrote: »
    If I pay $200 and get a year of play out of Neverwinter (on top of the goodies) then I will have easily gotten more value than the standard MMO.

Seriously, that's the only drawback. It's easy to pay over $200 for an MMO over time, with small monthly charges you keep paying because you continue to enjoy the game. Paying that $200 amount up front is a little scary though. What if you lose interest after a week?

Oh well. Let's all jump off that bridge together. Hold my hand!
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    vederia wrote: »
    The excitement? Yeah, it's unbearable.

Yea my anticipation is untenable at the moment!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • pinkfloid1pinkfloid1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm def pumped, see you fools tomorrow!
  • jayluckyjaylucky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Definitely :)
  • pinkfloid1pinkfloid1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was going to ask about that, how come you guys have the HoTN title where as I don't..?
  • jayluckyjaylucky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pinkfloid1 wrote: »
    I was going to ask about that, how come you guys have the HoTN title where as I don't..?

Just figured it out, you have to go to the User CP and update your Permission Group.
    edited April 2013
    jaylucky wrote: »
    Just figured it out, you have to go to the User CP and update your Permission Group.

User CP? What is that
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    pinkfloid1 wrote: »

User CP. permissions group (on the left bar)
    edited April 2013
    Nvm Found it thanks!
  • kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought it was today. that sucks xD
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking forward to the weekend. I do hope all you HotN folks warm the servers up good for me ;)
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've been putting in OT all week to try and justify taking off early Thursday and some of friday afternoon. If I didnt have deliverables due Id have taken both days off :P
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • beliallavi666beliallavi666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what time are we able to log in on the 25th?
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    what time are we able to log in on the 25th?

9am. There's only 50 official posts and emails on this topic.
  • beliallavi666beliallavi666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I obviously missed those. Thank you, anyways.
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It's cool that they added some gear to the packs, since many of us weren't able to log in during Closed Beta sessions. We also get to start Open Beta early. I'm thinking of character concepts. How many character slots do we start with?
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pugdaddy wrote: »
    It's cool that they added some gear to the packs, since many of us weren't able to log in during Closed Beta sessions. We also get to start Open Beta early. I'm thinking of character concepts. How many character slots do we start with?

Heros get 5, guardians get 3, Hero +guardian gets 6

if no packs you only get 2
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xkryptoknightxxxkryptoknightxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Eeeek! Wait is unbearable
  • dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I absolutely hate that i'm just getting done with my "weekend" right as the game launches. At least I will be able to get a couple hours in before I have to go to work. Ironically the 30th is the start of my next weekend. If you haven't guessed my days off are Tuesday/Wednesdays.
  • milkshakes777milkshakes777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just finally committed to HOTN :cool:

Hmmm.. can't figure out how to get the HOTN forum title.

Slightly less than 10 hours till launch.. can't wait!
    edited April 2013
    Days off start now! I wish I could just knock myself unconscious for the next 8 hours or so. :(
  • fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    it should be awesome. had a good experience during beta weekend 3 or 4 (can't remember which atm) and am expecting good things :)