test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So..all the Zen I dumped into Beta isn't going to be available until 30 Apr?!?

silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why? In a little over 12 hours I'll be able to log into the game, but apparently the 30k+ Zen I pumped into Beta isn't going to be credited back to my account until 30 Apr.

So how is this useful to me? Only way I can stick to my planned progression is to pump more Zen in? Unacceptable!

Ninja Admin Edit by Dezstravus:

Zen you transferred during beta is immediately available. You do not need to wait for April 30.
Post edited by silentiltm on

Comments

• Options
    darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    i believe your zen will be in your account once you log into game tomorrow..
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you could always wait till the 30th to log in , don't want to mess up your plans .
    And I think the AD will speed up your leveling way more then the zen .
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Nope, confirmed it's 30 Apr. Response to a ticket.
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wait whats this about? I would be greatly upset it thats so, should of been done somepoint between BW4 and Tomorrow.
    would be very rude to the founders if so.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    you could always wait till the 30th to log in , don't want to mess up your plans .
    And I think the AD will speed up your leveling way more then the zen .

Companions I planned to get and want the Howler again since everyone will have the Spider :p
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So what if we buy Zen tomorrow, can we not use that until the 30th either?

/puts credit card back in wallet.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    Hope a Mod reads this and we can get some clarifacation
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So what if we buy Zen tomorrow, can we not use that until the 30th either?

/puts credit card back in wallet.

No any transfer you make between now and launch (or unspent) will be there. It's the recrediting of Zen spent during the beta weekends that is not going to happen currently until 30 Apr.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    No any transfer you make between now and launch (or unspent) will be there. It's the recrediting of Zen spent during the beta weekends that is not going to happen currently until 30 Apr.

Ahhh gotcha

I can still raise a ruckus about my bothers and sisters Zen being held hostage by the man though...

Free the Zen Free the Zen!!! :p
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    they encourage us to spend it to test, then withhold it from use when we actually want it.
    ~if the claim is true~
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ahhh gotcha

I can still raise a ruckus about my bothers and sisters Zen being held hostage by the man though...

Free the Zen Free the Zen!!! :p

I had figured the 30k would be enough for a couple of chars initial setup...I'm reluctant at this stage to park more Zen into the game though because of this issue.
    avean wrote: »
    they encourage us to spend it to test, then withhold it from use when we actually want it.
    ~if the claim is true~

Ambi will unleash great vengence and furious anger if I include extracts from PMs :)
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    This is completely unacceptable if it's true. I was led to believe my zen would be refunded after closed beta and available the day I started playing open beta. If I'd known this was the case I wouldn't have spent a single zen during closed beta since I actually want it tomorrow at 9:00 am PDT. I bought it on the understanding I would have it at level 1 so I could do things like buy Galeb Duhr at level 1.

I will likely be level 60 by the 30th and rather ticked off I have to use a level 1 Galeb Duhr because he didn't level with me like I wanted.

Edit: And there's no way in the underdark I'm buying MORE Zen just because they are with-holding what I already have for 5 days. Further, the option of not playing for 5 days is the equivalent of a giant slap in the face after I spent $200 on a founders pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I had figured the 30k would be enough for a couple of chars initial setup...I'm reluctant at this stage to park more Zen into the game though because of this issue.

30k Zen???? Dude , that's like 300 bucks. I might splurge for a 5k pack once a year but that's going to be it for me.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That sucks. Hopefully it shows up for you tomorrow. I know I'd be upset as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    30k Zen???? Dude , that's like 300 bucks. I might splurge for a 5k pack once a year but that's going to be it for me.

There is a phrase - more money than sense :P That being said, I like the work PWE do so am happy to invest. You'd hate to see what I've spent in Team Fortress 2 (and my Steam list of unplayed games is shocking heh).

That being said - it's the principle of the matter. I have already budgeted what I want to spend that 30k zen on, and as was mentioned above, I have plans for three zen companions on my main going the distance with me to 60...I'm not putting more Zen into the game just yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    No it's cool that you are that into it and it's easy to spend that much, I hear ya about TF 2 spent way too much on that myself. I know if we could use more than one companion a a time I would be spending a lot more (kinda miss my party building back in IWD.)
    There is a phrase - more money than sense :P That being said, I like the work PWE do so am happy to invest. You'd hate to see what I've spent in Team Fortress 2 (and my Steam list of unplayed games is shocking heh).

That being said - it's the principle of the matter. I have already budgeted what I want to spend that 30k zen on, and as was mentioned above, I have plans for three zen companions on my main going the distance with me to 60...I'm not putting more Zen into the game just yet.
  • Options
    mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Can you post the ticket please?

This is BS....
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I had a similar but much worse similarity to this in a horridly owned flash game. they said they would return the "$currency" after beta, and then 4 days into it they said there was issues and only gave part of what we bought back.

I fully expect to get full zen, this is a major game - however like mentioned its the principle of the matter. they said one thing, and effectively they are not giving us the claim when the said, since open beta DOES start tomorrow.
    The aspect of reaching level 60 without any zen pets or profession assets is a betrayal and since it wasnt mentioned some now cant even top up more zen, and its very negitivly frowned upon by "encouraging" us to spend more to get what we already bought.
    even worse being done to the "founders of the game"
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Q: What happens to my Zen when the character wipe happens before Open Beta?
    A: All Zen purchased on your account will be returned to your Neverwinter account before Open Beta begins.

Q: If I purchase items with my Zen now, will I get my Zen back when Open Beta begins?
    A: Yes, all Zen purchased and spent before Open Beta will be fully returned to your Neverwinter account once Open Beta begins.

Source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69081-gt-FAQ-Zen-in-Neverwinter-Beta-lt

That's what I used to make decisions regarding Zen and beta. Notice it doesn't say anything about "Unless you're a founder. In which case you have to wait 3-5 days after Open Beta starts for you."

I admit that 'technically' Open Beta starts in 5 days but it seems like they should have made plans to accommodate those individuals who gave them the most money rather than inconvenience them.

I really truly hope I log in tomorrow and 9:00 am and find ALL my Zen sitting there waiting to be spent.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mutley1984 wrote: »
    Can you post the ticket please?

This is BS....

At the risk of sounding like Ambi:
    No posting of personal conversations or personal information (from IMs or PMs).
    Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Q: What happens to my Zen when the character wipe happens before Open Beta?
    A: All Zen purchased on your account will be returned to your Neverwinter account before Open Beta begins.

Q: If I purchase items with my Zen now, will I get my Zen back when Open Beta begins?
    A: Yes, all Zen purchased and spent before Open Beta will be fully returned to your Neverwinter account once Open Beta begins.

Source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69081-gt-FAQ-Zen-in-Neverwinter-Beta-lt

That's what I used to make decisions regarding Zen and beta. Notice it doesn't say anything about "Unless you're a founder. In which case you have to wait 3-5 days after Open Beta starts for you."

I admit that 'technically' Open Beta starts in 5 days but it seems like they should have made plans to accommodate those individuals who gave them the most money rather than inconvenience them.

I really truly hope I log in tomorrow and 9:00 am and find ALL my Zen sitting there waiting to be spent.

Yea here's a technicality in that, we get "FIVE DAYS EARLY ACCESS" before Open Beta date of 30 Apr. That being said, we've all probably budgeted on what we're going to buy in the first day on our way to Lvl 60. Companions are probably the major thing.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    No reason it could not of been done somepoint in the last 2 weeks. They fully knew about the headstart(advertised months ago), and 50% of the players who topped up zen during the beta period are headstart founders who payed. i doubt few topped up zen or much durning the beta weekends without dropping the initial founder and as far as we are concerned beta is tomorrow not 5 days time- although I agree with the open access advertised as 5days since the bulk wont have founder status and it would cause confusion, but the servers and work starts tom.

in the same sense chars shouldnt be wiped till the 30th either :P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This would be a very bad start to the game if this isn't clarified. I hope what I've been advised is not going to be the case.
  • Options
    sjirosjiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    If closed beta is over and the 25th-29th doesn't count as open beta.. What are we playing tomorrow!? I'm so confused!

Also.. I want my Zen for the head-start. I am definitely not pleased with the news I may have to wait until the 30th. Not pleased one bit.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sjiro wrote: »
    If closed beta is over and the 25th-29th doesn't count as open beta.. What are we playing tomorrow!? I'm so confused!

Also.. I want my Zen for the head-start. I am definitely not pleased with the news I may have to wait until the 30th. Not pleased one bit.

It's the Open beta early start, but seems that they hadn't planned to recredit Zen until 30th April. Not sure of the purpose, logic or sense in that decision.
  • Options
    bigt983bigt983 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so you buy more since you are already pot committed....
    Doran Scalebane
  • Options
    theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's the Open beta early start, but seems that they hadn't planned to recredit Zen until 30th April. Not sure of the purpose, logic or sense in that decision.

im thinking simplicity of accounting. refunds posted on a certain date = _all_ refunds posted on a certain date.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    due to poor game experience in the past im led to feel it was intended to make those who were willing to pay feel forced to pay more.
    Like you every one of us purchased zen with pre decided objects to be bought, we were made to feel we could test and experiment with it, and now if we want it, we need to buy it again.
    we can and most will be forced to wait 5 days, but its a heavy blow-Never should of applied my zen to neverwinter in BW4.
    im done with the forums today, guess il see you all in 11 hours.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    theevildrf wrote: »
    im thinking simplicity of accounting. refunds posted on a certain date = _all_ refunds posted on a certain date.
    no date was given, the date was "before open beta" its very easy to of did the refund the day after BW4, every last one. since the neverwinter commited zen could not be used the second after the weekend ended. It very eaasily could fo been done today, even for those who bought zen on a weekend with a free beta ticket. they cant use the things, what does applying it 5min before beta begins on monday night do for them? waste their time when they need to handle the bulk of the players and screw us over..
  • Options
    aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Deleted for privacy