test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do the Ioun Stones do?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Am I blind and it says somewhere what they do? Could someone please point me i the right direction.
Thanks.
:cool:
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You put runestones and equipment on the ioun stone and then you get all the stats added onto yourself when the ioun stone is active.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So it's kinda like wearing extra items?
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited April 2013
    yes 10 chars
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    10 chars? What does that mean / stand for?
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It gives pure stats + 3x pet rune + 3x items (can have socketed runes that gives stats too)

cat: 980k diamonds - 255 crit, 225 recovery
    slots: neck, waist, ring
    looks like cat, good for girls

ioun stone of allure: 160 power, 160 crit, 160 recovery, 2000 zen
    slots: ring, neck, icon
    look like flying little dot + sometimes look like flying leaf

+ one from pvp (green one, i didint check stats)
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Cat: 980000 diamonds
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cat: 980000 diamonds

yes, sorry, fixed typo :)
    little difference with single "k" :P
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry but I'm getting a little more confused. Do you mean a cat companion? & that it HAS those stats or it gives YOU those stats?
    Sorry if I'm aggravating anyone. I'm just checking what things do that you can get in the Zen store.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry but I'm getting a little more confused. Do you mean a cat companion? & that it HAS those stats or it gives YOU those stats?
    Sorry if I'm aggravating anyone. I'm just checking what things do that you can get in the Zen store.

it have this stats i wroted above (without any items/enchants) + all stats from all items + stats from all enchants you put it inside items + 3x pet runes
    There are 3 types of stats-giving companions: cat, stone, and something from pvp (green)

Those companions cant be killed, it is just buff for your char.
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Cool. Thank you. :cool:
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Certainly not aggravating me. I learned a lot from your questions. (I knew a little bit about the Ioun stone but hadn't heard about the Cat yet.) Thank you very much for asking your 'annoying' questions. :p
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    np.

One hint: in defence slot you can put +HP. It not working for your char, so put there +defence/+deflect rune.
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Are there similar non-combat pets available without using the cash shop?
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Cat is not just for girls. lol

I like cats and I am not a girl. I have three cats in real life too and that is why I like cats in the game.
  • Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    volcxxx wrote: »
    np.

One hint: in defence slot you can put +HP. It not working for your char, so put there +defence/+deflect rune.

Free life steal, even 1% for an offstat is nice.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    10 chars? What does that mean / stand for?
    The minimum length of a post is 10 characters. /10 chars is usually used to pad the length of a post that's otherwise not long enough.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    yult wrote: »
    Are there similar non-combat pets available without using the cash shop?

the cat is 980k ad's, there is also an ioun stone in the pvp shop i believe (ioun stone of strength)
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    the cat is 980k ad's, there is also an ioun stone in the pvp shop i believe (ioun stone of strength)
    That's it? No other non-combat stat pets available normally in game?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    yult wrote: »
    That's it? No other non-combat stat pets available normally in game?

As of yet no. If you mean with gold/silver, only the basic pets can be bought.
  • Options
    morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ioun stone of Allure - BLUE - Augment - 2000zen - This stone will increase the damage done by magical attacks.
    Ioun Stone of Might - GREEN - Augment - 1000 trade bars (acquired by opening lockboxes)- Description "Ioun stones grant bonus' to a character while summoned."
    Cat - BLUE - Striker? though with this thread I'm seeing that the cat may be non combat - 980,000AD - Increases critical strike and recovery while summoned
    Hope that helps
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can rune any follower and get stat bonus from them . I couldn't find life steal for my GF in BW2 . I found cleric life steel amulet and after I socketed my cleric follower with the 2% rune , I had a little life steal .
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You get a % of your companions stats based off CHA.
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why does everyone say the blue ioun stones for magic asttacks, it scaring the hell out of me as a phy class D:
    although i realize its likely just the tool tip
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, which one is better if I was looking at maximizing crit? The cat gives higher base crit, but the stone gives bonuses from runestones. How many offensive rune slots are there on the stone? Unless the cat gives bonuses from runestones as well? If that's the case, how many offensive slots does the cat have as well?
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    also remember if the prices stay the same - the cost will be the same while 490AD = 1zen, after the cat gets much more expensive.
    AD also is a slow server gain aside from the founder bulk atm.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What happened to the ioun stone in the Zen market? Am I just overlooking it somehow?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Has it been moved to a different vendor?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I couldn't find it, just the cat and ioun stone of strength in the term bar vendor.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    OK thanks. Was really looking forward to the stone :(
  • Options
    aliramaliram Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, the Ioun Stone of Allure is back to the Zen shop. And with current exchange rates it's significantly cheaper than the cat. Cat 980k AD and Ioun Stone of Allure about 780k AD.
    But I still undecided which one to buy.. I want a stone cause of its appearance, but on the other hand I don't like the power stat it provides, pure crit/recovery looks much better for me.
    So, maybe someone who already bought the stone can confirm are its stats still the same or they changed something? Thank you.