test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What will 10,600z (100usd) buy me in game

darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What will 10600z (100usd) buy me in game

Rolling a CW come thursday.. where will my zen best serve me in game .. need a little help as to where it will be best applied

was thinking 1 outfit

ioun stone

dont really need mounts or companions.. will get cleric and man at arms in game with gold

Give me some ideas where to spend .
Post edited by darvien19 on

Comments

• Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Man at arms will be max 15 lv, so you need to replace it for some hlev tank companion after lv ~30.
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Honey Badger - 3500!!!

The most expensive outfit is 1500 (then a four use dye for 500 so 2k)

You'll have the spider mount so don't need to burn 3k on a zen store one...you'll have the founder companion also though, but Honey Badger!!!!! cmon!!! And you will need backup when they get to higher levels and go off for training.

200 use greater heal stone for 1500

Thing to note with the non-zen store companions. Common only levels to 15, Green to 20, Blue to 25 and Purple to 30.

I dumped quite a bit of Zen into NWO during the beta's...

There was a detailed post in the beta forums but it's gone :(
  • Options
    shootnlootshootnloot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    Might I suggest that the 100$ could get you a large number of things in the Z store. I see you are a HoTN so I'm not sure how valuable additional companions/mounts are to you. That being said, I'm also a HoTN and the following is how I would allocate those funds were I you:

1). Armored howler mount. This thing just looks awesome--- that's all. I'm assuming there will be a large number of renegade stow riding spiders, but how many will be on Howlers?

2). T3 Companion of your choice. I believe here you mentioned an ioun stone which functions as a companion.

3). Depending on how break-neck of a leveling pace you intend to set and your skill level, I'd suggest that you buy either the armor aura (though I must admit ignorance on the pricing of that) or a health stone.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ioun is a great investment, 'specially instance play where a companion blows.

Other than that .... if fashion, mounts etc aren't your thing ... I'd go with wards (or buy up AD while it is devalued)
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Howler, Courtesan Outfit, HONEY BADGER!@#$@#, and Neverwinter Royal "Purple" dye....HE CW with Shield spell in Class skill slot (makes it extra purple)...
    E9BF35748BE8327ADED398AE8CA1F8338FF6765F
  • Options
    darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    awesome guys will be taking notes :)
  • Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    If you really plan on playing the game, i would pick up a high tier pet, galeb or honey badger, or ioun stone(my favorite). Profession asset packs are not a bad idea, try to get an epic asset(person), any should do as you can just trade for one of your preferred crafting skill, and 1 24 slot bag (should be all that's needed at this stage). And save the rest for either new CS content or cosmetics for your final gear set. That's what I would and will do.
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    One! The large packs are 1k each....so like four of those ;)
  • Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Don't need 4, unless you have some serious aversion to selling gear at shops.
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Character slots :) 500z for 2 of them.
    Bank space is steep, but you might want some on your main.
    Definitely going to need respec tokens at some point.

Honestly once you get past mounts and account stuff nothing is worth it. It is all too expensive. And even the account stuff is sometimes too expensive. Like the bank space. At the prices they charge, I likely will not buy anything from the cash shop unless they lower prices or have some SERIOUS sales.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Don't need 4, unless you have some serious aversion to selling gear at shops.

After 30 you don't go back to town much...and sometimes you just get in the zone questing :D
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I am gonna invest in asset packs to try to get a grandmaster or at least some blue quality crafters.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    true, but there are shops in every zone, hand in a quest, sell a few things, go back out.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    I am gonna invest in asset packs to try to get a grandmaster or at least some blue quality crafters.

So far, zen shop is the only way to get them, so the packs are a good choice.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So far, zen shop is the only way to get them, so the packs are a good choice.

Except you'll need to burn AD as well to do it in any reasonable amount of time... :s
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Can i get T3 companions with AD? or do i need to spend zen?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    darvien19 wrote: »
    Can i get T3 companions with AD? or do i need to spend zen?

You can upgrade to tier 3, as of beta 4 i think only tier 2 were available for AD's
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thnx to all that posted..

Have a good idea where i should spend
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Zen Store: Item List + Prices.

I have compiled a list of items available in the Zen store, with their prices.
    This list is from Beta Weekend 4 12th-14th of April 2013.

(z=Zen)

STORE

*ITEMS*
    Packs:
    -Adventurer's Helper Pack z1,500
    Potions:
    -Greater Stone of Health z1,500
    -Scroll of Mass life X5 z500
    -Scroll of life X5 z300
    -Stone of Health z500
    Keys:
    -Enchanted Key z125
    -Enchanted Keys X10 z1,125
    Wards:
    -Coalescant Ward z1,000
    -Preservation wards X10 z100

*BAGS*
    -Greater bag of holding z1000
    -Bag of holding z600
    -Companion active slot z350
    -Comapanion Idle slots X4 z100

*Fashion*
    Outfits:
    -Noble Finery z1,200
    -Courtesan's wear z1,500
    -Wedding attire z3,000
    Dye Packs:
    -Neverwinter Royal Dye packs X4 z350
    -Dye removers X4 z300
    -Ebon Darkness Dye Packs X4 z350
    -Winterwolf Dye Packs X4 z600
    Dye Bottles:
    -Black Dye bottles X4 z500
    -blue Dye bottles X4 z200
    -Green Dye bottles X4 z300
    -Pink Dye bottles X4 z500
    -Purple Dye bottles X4 z200
    -Red Dye bottles X4 z200

*Companions*
    Special:
    -Galeb Duhr z3,000
    -Honey Badger z3,500
    -Ioun Stone of Allure z2,000
    Animals:
    -Hawk z1,500
    -Wolf z1,500
    Hirelings:
    -Acolyte of Kelemvor z2,000
    Wards:
    -Coalecent Ward z1,000
    -Preservation Wards X10 z100

*Mounts*
    Special:
    -Heavy Worg z4,000
    -Heavy Howler z4,000
    -Medium Worg z3,000
    Horses:
    -Amnian Horse z500
    -Calimshain Horse z500
    -Tethyr Horse z500

*Professions*
    -Professions Assest Pack z700
    -Professions Booster Pack z300

*Services*
    -Change Appearence Token z200
    -Character Slots X2 z500
    -Companion Active Slots z350
    -Companion Idle Slots X4 z100
    -Manycoins Bank Slots X8 z600
    -Rename Token z400
    -Retrain Token z500
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    shootnlootshootnloot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    That last post deserves a thread of its own... That should be stickied. Great job xhatch, you've created a nice asset for the community.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    agrees ^^ thx for your time putting that together.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bank space .. and then bank space ... and then bank space .. and maybe some bank space .

Of course I'm a pack rat , and all them socket thingies take up allot of space .

the 700 zen profession pack guarantees you at least a blue crafter .
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    shootnloot wrote: »
    That last post deserves a thread of its own... That should be stickied. Great job xhatch, you've created a nice asset for the community.

Yeah it had it's own thread in the beta forums, but they were taken down recently. I'll see how it compares to the Zen store tomorrow when I get into the open beta & post it again (with any changes they might have made to the store).
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    the 700 zen profession pack guarantees you at least a blue crafter .

It guarantees you a blue asset, the are 2 different types of assets, crafters and tools.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Would love to get the howler mount.. but 3500-4k ? if it was account and all my toons had access the 35$ would be ok but for a single 1char little steep:(
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It guarantees you a blue asset, the are 2 different types of assets, crafters and tools.

I know , I bought 50 dollars worth of these in BW4 to test . Got a blue crafter in each pack . You get minimum of 3 blues and always one was a crafter . Some of the tools do multiple crafting .
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Mounts be account wide me thinks. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You sure? i hope so .. if this is so.. howler it is :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    They were during the beta weekends.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Mounts are account wide. When you make a new char, you just need to go to the CS and you will "buy" it for free.