test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next Class You Want To See After Release

Comments

• kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    deahamlet wrote: »
    I want sorcerers but they're in handbook 2. When I found out, I was a sad panda.

From the list I'd like:

Ranger, Archer
    Warlock, Scourge
    Wizard, War

Still theres nothing stopping them adding a PHB 2 or 3 class if they wish before any PHB 1 classes
  • dragobsstitchdragobsstitch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to see the,

Sorcerer, Dragon
    Paladin, Avenging
    Blackguard, Fury
    Swordmage, Assault
    Fighter, Tempest
    Battlemind, Quick
    Hexblade, Fey, White well, or Gloom
    Vampire
  • ottokranzottokranz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in order: Ranger archer, Bard (anything), Psion
    Ottokranz a.k.a.
    Malamak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • airelanairelan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They said in a recent interview a sixth class almost made in for launch, wonder which one that was.
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    They need to get Ranger out ASAP as I think many people are waiting for a physical range class to be released. So hopefully the incoming 2 classes whenever they get around to getting them applied, which will hopefully be before the Drow goes free to everyone after 60 days, will be the Ranger and the other, which will probably be Warlock.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • zeeny1zeeny1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Druid, please.
  • daxbishopdaxbishop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    zeeny1 wrote: »
    Druid, please.

This, would go mental if they did. But a Ranger is cool too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rageblood Barbarian...A true 2-handed striker,causing maximum carnage!
  • trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Almost all replies are pure non sense so far. Cryptic will first stick with the core classes (past and present) then move to other things. So it will be Paladin, ranger, barbarian etc. That being said, the next one I want to see is the paladin.
  • pandragongamerpandragongamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    Basics first: Ranger or sorc
  • sycorax666sycorax666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Definately the Ranger class. As said before with Archery or Twin Weapon.
  • blackbladekillerblackbladekiller Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Does anyone know which classes have been confirmed for future release? Wud luv to see an assassin class available!
  • emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
    Definitely Ranger. Or Paladin would be nice too.
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Bard, Ranger, or Paladin would be my vote...

Excuse my D&D ignorance since I have not had the pleasure of PnP for over a decade and my last D&D campaign was 2nd edition... I am confused about the classes that are available. I don't know we have two "Fighters" who's differences only appear to be weapon oriented. Why couldn't there have been one fighter, but with two more possible builds (like in most MMOs, or even in D&D itself)? Also the "Control Wizard" seems like a weird name and even more specific purpose... What happened to just being a wizard and specializing in a specific school of magic? Are these mostly Cryptic decisions or have the new editions of D&D create this mess?
  • mistral94mistral94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Druid, druid and druid.
  • occulasocculas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @taeryl The new D&D rules breaks up many classes into 4 roles: CONTROLLER, DEFENDER, LEADER, STRIKER I would post all the classes here but there are many:

http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/database.aspx
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    occulas wrote: »
    @taeryl The new D&D rules breaks up many classes into 4 roles: CONTROLLER, DEFENDER, LEADER, STRIKER I would post all the classes here but there are many:

http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/database.aspx

Interesting... So the classes still do not appear to be direct copies, but I assume the Guardian Fighter would be a "Defender" role and the GW Fighter a "Striker" correct?
  • belaz50belaz50 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Paladin, no doubt
  • scyltheraxscyltherax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Robot> anything from Oriental Advenures> my creepy neighbor Arty>Sentient Catapult> 10 foot pole
  • kalashawkkalashawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Shamans, Druids, and of Course Paladins! :D
  • meldrothmeldroth Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ranger. We need near-pure ranged class that doesn't rely on magicks.
    "Truth is absolute, so if you truly seek it, you can find only one answer."
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Psion
    Monk
  • martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    meldroth wrote: »

One of my biggest pet peeves. Just because the word 'range' is in the name, does not mean they fight from a distance; that's not what a ranger is.

At least say archer or something of the like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akslammerakslammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    meldroth wrote: »

Learn what a D&D ranger is?
  • solthusx2solthusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    akslammer wrote: »
    Learn what a D&D ranger is?

Actually, the 4th Ed. version of the D&D ranger is a martial class (no magic). The ranger as it was in earlier editions is a different story.
  • toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    taeryl wrote: »
    Interesting... So the classes still do not appear to be direct copies, but I assume the Guardian Fighter would be a "Defender" role and the GW Fighter a "Striker" correct?
    In 4E, a Great Weapon Fighter is still a Defender. In NW, the GWF is a DPS class that can become somewhat tankish later on.

The only striker Fighter is the Slayer subclass from Essentials.
  • toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One of my biggest pet peeves. Just because the word 'range' is in the name, does not mean they fight from a distance; that's not what a ranger is.

At least say archer or something of the like.
    I would assume that the Archer Ranger would be the first type of Ranger we'd see added to the game. Reason being that the majority of classes are already melee-based. Get too many people in there, and DCs are going to have a hell of a time trying to actually heal the right person. More than they do now, anyway.
  • cyrdecyrde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    Paladin.

Although I don't think it will happen soon. As there are already 2 heavy armor classes, and less medium and light armor around, I think something like Ranger is coming.

But I still like Paladin above all.
  • ervoniservonis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would be really chuffed if they brought out the Ranger. :)
  • chairfacechairface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just had a quick look over the beta client data files, and there does exist animations already created for "Archer Ranger" and "Scourge Warlock" contained within the .hogg files.