test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drow & Tiefling but no Gnome?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Not trying to cry here but who's bright idea was that?
:confused:
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Screw gnomes, I want to play a Kobold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Gnomes don't appear to be a particularly popular race with D&D MMO's. Not enough to distinguish them visually from dwarves and halflings.

Also, didn't the population of gnomes in the realms get decimated in the Spellplague?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »

Oh hell yea. Now that would be fun. Screw the Gnome :)

Spellplague? What is/was that?
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh hell yea. Now that would be fun. Screw the Gnome :)

/facepalm

please read the lore
    21.jpg
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Gnomes are one of the most hated races right now... after nearly destroying everything. They are kind of in hiding
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's because gnomes are monsters! Rawr!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqFPujRZWo
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Big, world changing event in the Forgotten Realms. Ten year long period of unstable magic. Check it out here.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited April 2013
    Well I just read little bits here and there about the Spellplague and none of it mentions anything about Gnomes.
  • qryzelqryzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree, WTB Gnome Race! Gnome Divine Clerics = Win!
  • projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Deep Gnomes are the most interesting...
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • airelanairelan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want to make a genasi and yaun-ti like in neverwinter nights 2.
  • franjean82franjean82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would LOVE to see gnome. Would also like Eladrin, for those of us who want to play sun and moon elves.
    projx wrote: »
    Deep Gnomes are the most interesting...

Svirfneblin are a very interesting race. The writeup in the Underdark sourcebook (I think it was the 2E one) really helped flesh them out and set them apart.
    Rogue.jpg

Player of Wilcomb Goodale
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want to be a Gnoll.... and an Ilithid
    edited April 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »

I want a kobold GWF!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't like gnomes - only Francis, and he is no gnome.
    edited April 2013
    Seriously where are the gnomes?
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't mind playing a garden gnome. Just imagine the role play possibilities playing the Travelocity Gnome. ;)
  • theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriously where are the gnomes?

I agree we need gnomes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please...

If your going to play this game, at least have a trite of understanding of Dungeons & Dragons...

I'm not trying to be mean, but the creators are going to extensive lengths to make this very close to what is currently going on with the tabletop RPG.

the least you can do is put in a small effort to learn about what the Spellplague is/was ... the gods, the classes , the lore and who are some of the "who's who" NPC's are...

Btw...

Shar... where are you ?
    edited April 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Please...

If your going to play this game, at least have a trite of understanding of Dungeons & Dragons...

I'm not trying to be mean, but the creators are going to extensive lengths to make this very close to what is currently going on with the tabletop RPG.

the least you can do is put in a small effort to learn about what the Spellplague is/was ... the gods, the classes , the lore and who are some of the "who's who" NPC's are...

Btw...

Shar... where are you ?

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk either (no offense taken from you.) but I did read on the Spellplague as was suggested by another reply. I didn't find any shred of info about gnomes. What happened to them? The replies also said that they were nearly wiped out and were the cause of the the Spellplague yet again I found nothing to support this? I've read a few dif info-sites not just the one posted in one of these previous rep[lies. Again, no gnomes.
    Please point me in the right direction so I can see where it mentions anything about the gnomes.
  • savadioussavadious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    please.. PLEASE !!!

Keep it down about gnomes....

They are known to ...

t1w50lzl8263nyph5zc7_zpse23f85ac.jpeg
    :P
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The spellplague lasted what? One hundred years? It warped the planet in major ways, and one of those ways was to destroy the homeland of the Gnomes and an overwhelming majority of the race. Those left are like vagabonds, no real home of their own anymore. If memory serves, the Spellplague hit them really hard because of their tinkering and magic use. They didn't cause it though, that was the death of Mystra. (again)

That's the in universe for Forgotten Realms reasoning, the game development reasoning is that in 4E, gnomes aren't one of the primary races anymore. Being in the PHB2 they're sort of second stringers. During game design they were found to just not as popular as the races from the first PHB. The races of the first PHB are considered the major and most dominant races, with the rarity going up with the subsequent books. Why that means FR had to commit mass genocide I don't know but I suspect that's why they were nearly wiped out.
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I don't see much reason to have Gnomes if their is no Illusionist class.
    PWE is starting small and hoping to add more content over time.
    Patience is a virtue. :-)
  • zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Drow is an evil race and hated by all since... well since the creation of the Forgotten Realms, and they are playable, Gnomes are vagabond since one or two hundred years and they are now monster and unplayable ? And that make sens to you ?

No, I think that the Drow are "cool" and will bring players in the game while gnomes are not and will not brings a butt load of extra players, I think that's really why the gnome are not playable, they are not "bankable".
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    No the problem is Gnomes are not PHB1 Race but PHB2 Race. PHB 1 Races are the Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human and Teifling. As for the Drow they needed a race for the HotN pack and they decided to sell a Drizzt/Drow pack.
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Gnomes could certainly happen at some point, just not at launch.
    edited April 2013
    Well that's kinda rude. Lol. the halfling land was:

The halfling realm of Luiren was completely submerged underwater, becoming the Gulf of Luiren in the Great Sea

So why are they in the game and gnomes are not? Just being very curious even more and more the more I hear.
  • akslammerakslammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well that's kinda rude. Lol. the halfling land was:

The halfling realm of Luiren was completely submerged underwater, becoming the Gulf of Luiren in the Great Sea

So why are they in the game and gnomes are not? Just being very curious even more and more the more I hear.
    halflings can swim gnomes sink
    edited April 2013
    Halflings are more popular, and there might not be enough visual distinction between the two small races. Halflings are also in the first PHB.

Also, most of the halflings were nomadic I thought? I believe the Lightfoot tribe were the most numerous and since they never settled, weren't worried about a homeland. The Ghostwise had moved elsewhere, Chondal and Methwood. So it was only the Strongheart tribe that might have been decimated.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yea gnomes are usually the least favorite race...i also think the dnd gnomes do not offer enough visual differences from the halflings...but we dont know what will come inthe future