test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beta Weekend 4

2»

Comments

• daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah the healing aggro was still horrible before being able to slot soothe. being forced to slot soothe is fairly lame though since i'd rather slot the one that gives more actions points when i heal.
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My quick comment is simply this:

This game doesn't seem ready for launch in two weeks.

Numerous friends complained to me of serious bugs, I encountered bad bugs, the lag this weekend was worse than any other weekend (for most of my friends anyway), despite having less traffic than other reasons. Class balance is off, animation is still weak, aggro is broken in some cases. There's still no SK/Mentor system, making sharing content difficult and inconvenient.

Hardly any of us have tested/throttled the Foundry. And a great deal of the Foundry content made by the beta testers was focused purely on making missions fast with waves of mobs (some even bragged about that, as if that made them good). In short: NO real effort at all. The good Foundry was fantastic (thank you beta authors), but so much of it was, "why would you be granted access to a tool and put in such little care or effort in what you produced?"

So we really still don't know what we have with the Foundry either, which frankly, is this game's only saving grace.

If the game were to launch - as is - tomorrow, I feel it would flop. That it would surge fairly well in the first 30 days and then fade into a tertiary game at best.

This game, quite frankly, isn't ready. I am really stunned Cryptic thinks it is.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree on all points. They haven't even figured out the balancing on so many things. Models might get better with the extra 10GB that the full client will be ... but that is a guess. Heard the foundry (and npcs really) have much more detail, so its already there to a certain degree.

I am shocked about how terrible the servers are. Never had so many D/Cs and errors redirecting internally. Also they need to decentralize patching. Have a routing server accept and exchange a version packet first, if you don't need the patch server, you should not be hitting it. Sometimes I sit on that launcher for like 4 mins >.>

Launcher is optional anyways. Every PW game allows you to launch just the client. It will error if your build is not correct. Some reason you can never authenticate your account unless you go through the launcher ....

All the CS stuff started as placeholders they said, but nothing really has changed there. Just inflating AD costs and extra sinks. Seems to be their main focus (and adding more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to our inventory lol)

This doesn't look good at all, and I hope they really take a step back and listen to all our feedback.

Also had to do the full install, not patch on demand. Was stuck for over 5 mins sometimes due to flooding of the patch server.

They could just do a founders addition to the beta for more input and more stress on the build. That way the people who pay won't feel cheated on the 25th/27th, and the game won't launch as a broken cash grab. I can't understand why their publisher/owner would be ok with this. It goes against their business model. (but unfortunately I have been told its in line with Cryptic's other C-stores)
  • gamercygamercy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    I haven't been on the forum for a while ..

from what ryger5 says it seems he has a point .. i've also checked in other parts of the forum about unbalanced/nerfed classes .. I hope Crypric is fixing this ...

But for now .. hope to see you all in the game :)
  • arvyn3arvyn3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Agreed but in 2 weeks is not the launch its the open beta
    they still have time to work on the issues.

beta = beta :P
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Beta or not they will be opening the gates to everyone and first impressions are important. A good number of people wont really care and see little difference in the status of beta or launch build.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yep it's all semantics ...

For all intensive purposes it is the launch. It's just not the "release"
  • harpers4harpers4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I have to say that our self healing is pathetic. The whole nerf so we have to use pots is nonsense! We are healers, therefore we sacrifice a little dps to help stay alive. If we choose to play this class, then we choose to be lower on the dps but we can keep ourselves alive no problem. I think they nerfed our self heals way too much from the first beta weekend. They need to give some of that back. This weekend it made my experience playing the cleric not nearly as fun. They need to fix that in this next "beta" or quite a few of us won't play anything, much less the game.