test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beta Weekend 4

frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Temple
To those with the packs granting access, I hope some are dedicated cleric fans and will playtest and report the new changes here.

I am not as confident as some appear to be that the cleric healing agro has been "fixed" by wiping it away, as adjusted to a lower degree. If u can, comment on which spells have what agro affect. How it changes as u level up, or aquire the new upgrade of the spell.

Is the cleric self healing at the stated 50% level ?? lower ? higher ?

any other noticeable changes ??

and yes, jealous :) but I'll see soon enough during open beta. Have fun all !!!! Don't forget us peons with feedback

Thanks
Post edited by frost168 on

Comments

• rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'll be sure to keep clogging up the forums with my many many posts once the next Beta Weekend happens. But when will that be??? I'm dying from want of Neverwinter!!! D'x

Edit: Ooooooooo!!! I found stuffs!!!!

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/189867/NEVERWINTERtrade_OPEN_BETA_DATED.php

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?117431-Open-Beta-and-Beta-weekend-4/page2

Open Beta coming soooooon!!!! :D:D:D:D
    8.jpg
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wish I could be in the next weekend. Going on a trip with my GF that I have not seen in 2 months lol

4 day holiday weekend here, and I think I will be at some ruins or a nice beach :p Haven't decided which yet!

Songkran is the biggest festival here, so avoiding Bangkok is typically a good idea ;)

I never spend any time on the forums when I can log in though! 55555
  • hrsikesahrsikesa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Frost168 I sent you my HOTN friend beta key as a private message since noone I know is playing. Hope it works for beta 4.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'll do my best to report back anything I notice. I played BW3 as a cleric, got to level 35 I think, and plan to continue on as a cleric through BW4.

One of the first things I do is probably going to be the Mad Dragon since I didn't get a chance to do it in BW3. From what I gathered from the forum it should be a good test of aggro. Do I live or do I die horribly? :)

(I'm assuming my cleric is still there obviously, if not I'll just run another cleric from level 1 to wherever.)
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hrsikesa wrote: »
    Frost168 I sent you my HOTN friend beta key as a private message since noone I know is playing. Hope it works for beta 4.

:) Stunned. Fainted. Hit head on my desk. YOU ARE AWESOME !!!!

Going to continue both my clerics, just to see how everything has changed !!

pm'd you. Thanks again for the generous gift !!
  • rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

You, my good man, are a gentleman and a scholar!
    8.jpg
  • valadilvaladil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013

Things like this are one of the reason's I think this game will succeed, the player community is awesome. While a game has to be good, in my opinion, it needs a great community to really thrive, and I think we have that in spades :) You guys rock!
    Valadil - Eq2/WoW/DDO/WAR
    Praesumo in Obscurum
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Going to continue both my clerics, just to see how everything has changed !!
    -Both- your clerics? Now that's dedication. Can you be my mentor? :D
  • valadilvaladil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    rkv13 wrote: »
    I'll be sure to keep clogging up the forums with my many many posts once the next Beta Weekend happens. But when will that be??? I'm dying from want of Neverwinter!!! D'x

RKV13, can you also throw up any info you have on crafting once you get into BW4? I'd love to find out more about it. Played BW2 & BW3, but can't afford to drop money on the HotN pack for myself and my wife to try out BW4 :P anyway, we would both appreciate info on the crafting, and I'll be watching for Cleric info as I'm going to be playing the Cleric in our Dedicated Group :)

Thanks!
    Valadil - Eq2/WoW/DDO/WAR
    Praesumo in Obscurum
    edited April 2013
    valadil wrote: »
    RKV13, can you also throw up any info you have on crafting once you get into BW4? I'd love to find out more about it. Played BW2 & BW3, but can't afford to drop money on the HotN pack for myself and my wife to try out BW4 :P anyway, we would both appreciate info on the crafting, and I'll be watching for Cleric info as I'm going to be playing the Cleric in our Dedicated Group :)

Thanks!

Sure thing! Though I admit I almost never use the crafting systems in most MMOs. I prefer to just kill stuff, sell everything in my pack, and buy new gear. But I'll give it a try. If I understand it and don't find it too boring, then know that that's one hell of a glowing recommendation! xD
    erideita wrote: »

Or you could say that's Devotion!

Get it... Devoted Cleric... Devotion! xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frd53vbCHLg
    8.jpg
    edited April 2013
    erideita wrote: »

I was in beta 2 and 3 but did not have a reset token so made a 2nd cleric to try other feat and paragon paths. However, the cleric was the way it was in beta3, so made comparing kinda difficult. I took one a "solo" path, placing feats in crits and damage over healing. The other cleric i made as a "group friendly" cleric, putting points into healing. Guess how that path turned out ;)
  • waterdhavianwaterdhavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have played BW 2 & 3 with my DC all specced for healing and while the 50% self heal knocked me in the face in BW3 (in a bugged state) i am curious to see how this works now in BW4. Since they use a soft trinity approach for this game. I am going to do my best to excel in healing and make a cleric a must have for any end game parties xD

So BW4, biting the bullet and keep marching forward to enjoy the best class this game can offer.

Blessed are those who Kelemvor has bestowed with divine power!

See you all in BW4 and/or open beta!
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll be seeing everyone in Beta Weekend 4 as well, but unfortunately am moving this upcoming weekend so wont get to enjoy the last beta weekend as much as I would like. Thankful to be unpacked before the 25th tho. Thats whats important, heh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orcunselforcunself Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd be more than happy if someone bless this poor lvl 30 cleric with a bw4 key. Was really willing to check out the paragons before open beta :/
  • hrsikesahrsikesa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If I had more keys to give I would but alas I only had the one. Personally I wish they would send invites to people who gave good feedback during beta 1-3.
  • truefooltruefool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am going to try cleric this weekend. It will be glorious!
  • piratedrugallpiratedrugall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait to hear what sort of changes they've made for this BWE! :D
  • dionwdionw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Note: lvl 16 cleric i will note the changes i have noticed for people who might be intrested
    Cleric changes:
    Righteousness: healing is 40% less effective on yourself (from 50% more heals for me :3)

Agro: FIXED ! companion lvl 4 gets 90% of the agro of the mobs while i keep spamming heals (still waiting for dungeon to find out if it is fixed there to)

smooth: lvl 15 skill ? decrease treath from healing spells by 20% (rank2 +10%)

the cleric feels more powerfull in beta weekend 4 (just a feeling)
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dionw wrote: »
    Note: lvl 16 cleric i will note the changes i have noticed for people who might be intrested
    Cleric changes:
    Righteousness: healing is 40% less effective on yourself (from 50% more heals for me :3)

Agro: FIXED ! companion lvl 4 gets 90% of the agro of the mobs while i keep spamming heals (still waiting for dungeon to find out if it is fixed there to)

smooth: lvl 15 skill ? decrease treath from healing spells by 20% (rank2 +10%)

the cleric feels more powerfull in beta weekend 4 (just a feeling)

/woot Happy to hear this
  • dionwdionw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    valadil wrote: »
    RKV13, can you also throw up any info you have on crafting once you get into BW4? I'd love to find out more about it. Played BW2 & BW3, but can't afford to drop money on the HotN pack for myself and my wife to try out BW4 :P anyway, we would both appreciate info on the crafting

the crafting system is like star wars the old republics system you need the material and you need to have an open slot
    then you select what you want and the selected workmen will do it for you in a time limit if the time limit is done you can collect your stuff and the assignments don't cost any money
    so basicly
    (items needed) (80job exp 120exp) 10 min
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    so my take on the cleric changes in BWE4 are as follows:
    *it has become more survivable in solo play (the 40% reduced self heals seem to have a less noticable effect when correctly administered in comparison with the BWE2 clerics heals)
    *still hits like a wet fish so mobs are hardish to kill (though i took mainly healing skills so this is not suprising)
    *having plus'd into healing threat reduction 26% (combined feat and power bonuses) mobs in dungeon groups barely look at me (unless i start healing without anyone drawing agro first which is completely normal for a healer class)

All in all i still wont be playing cleric at launch because you require an enthusiastic level of concentration when soloing as a healer to survive a 3-4 mob pull which whilst interesting for some just makes the class not my cup of tea.

hope this answers some of the threads questions
    edited April 2013
    So far, cleric is level 46 and I am once again loving the cleric !!!

new skill system takes a little thought, but nothing that really gimps the cleric imo. Just focus on the same spells u wanted in Beta 3 and I easily got them all to rank 3. The spells I didn't use or care about are the same spells I am not leveling, or trying to level to rank 3.

Rank 2 and Rank 3 of the spell are not that OP compared to rank 1. most of the time, 10% more damge or healling for rank 2 and again for rank 3.. so only 20% difference if u want it, but not to level it, just in case.

it does force u to think about your feat and paragon points more to aid in maxing out certain spells. So keep this in mind when statting. If u are going to use a paragon path that benefits a certain spell, u will want to make sure that spell is maxed to rank 3. In Beta 3, it was no biggie cause u got the spell, now, u need to make sure you grab it and upgrade it. Nothing major though imo.

healing agro and self healing is much better, and more manageable this time. So far I have not had the issues of Beta 3. Not as powerful as Beta 2 was, but still easily soloed to 46.

Crafting system is going to take me some getting used to. It's nothing like what I've seen before. Interesting and I have just started to delve into it. Hopefully I will have time to concentrate solely on crafting.

Hope to report more tomorrow !!!!
  • sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Solo play
    Agro seems Fixed
    Solo target damage still to low
    Combat still not very smooth
    can not cast when moving or strafing still (kinda sucks just standing there spaming spells and not being able to dodge or any thing like you can on other class's)

Dungon's

Agro is still a issue they need stop over healing making agro or make person getting healed take agro
    not even sure why heals have to have agro with way there doing healing the damage has agro and healing has agro mix in 4+ ppl and its just bad amount agro

Healing targeting still fails

Pvp seem better but still not very strong

all in all its better but still needs work i pray they change more before the 25th or i am going gwf or some thing.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Feels better than before but still a sitting duck for every class in PVP as far as I can tell. (level 29) Not nearly as bad as before. But still cannot hope to save a point at this level. I would love to hear other peoples views.
    edited April 2013
    Well, Devoted Cleric will be my main, but I'm definitely going to have my Rogue alt for when DC frustrates me, lol.
    So are the party heals still alright? I mean, is it worth having a Cleric in the party for dungeons as opposed to just having a crapton of pots?
  • cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rogues need to be balanced out, Devoted clerics seem pretty good. The Control Wizard feels like a lump of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this weekend and the GWF needs a subscription to Potions monthly.
    edited April 2013
    Ah, so the GWF is feeling a little on the flimsier side?
    They always seems to fluctuate with balance issues, but eh. It's beta, I'm not too worried about it.
    My main concern is just being valued in dungeon runs. I like playing the healer role, so I figure that's my best bet with DC.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I did the Temple of Idris (or whatever it's called) at level 38 yesterday and I'm a lot happier than I was on BWE3.

I ran with Chains of Blazing, Daunting Light, Forgemaster's Flame, Sacred Flame, Astral Seal, Healer's Lore, and Sooth/Foresight (swapped around to test aggro).

Aggro felt a LOT better. Sooth helped but I'm not entirely convinced it's necessary. The only aggro problems I really had were related to large groups of enemies and Sooth didn't help with that at all, I did have 3/3 in the threat reduction feat. With Sooth equipped I still spent the entire final boss fight kiting the adds around spamming CoB, FF, and DL (in order of priority) whenever I could pause long enough to get one or two off. The boss didn't even look at me funny though since the tank was easily able to keep aggro on it. Note, I suspect the rest of the group (a CW and 2 TRs) were not doing a good job dealing with adds.

One thing I'm noticing is that all the pure healing abilities are still junk. Divinity FF is a better heal by a long shot and mixed with Foresight and any "on heal" effects you can cobble together with Astral Seal just works better. With that setup the only healing issues I experienced were the rogues thinking they could tank the red circles or when I was too busy trying not to die to a million adds to keep Divinity FF and Astral Seal up on the targets.

Soloing I'm finding extremely easy with the same setup (no sooth obviously). CoB the group, Divinity DL, then Divinity FF the strongest enemy and Astral Seal + Sacred Flame to finish (throw in DL and Divinity FF as needed). I run with a rank 15 Galeb Duhr (zen shop rock golem) companion right now, but he's the blue version from BWE3 and not the purple version in the store right now (not sure the difference exactly except the purple is probably better).

The main conclusion I've come to about the cleric is that you shouldn't be focused on healing. You're far more useful using your heals to proc things like:

- Foresight, 6% damage reduction (11% with Feats)
    - Cleanse, 30% chance to remove debuffs on heal (works with Astral Seal and Divinity FF and crit healing from repurpose soul). This basically means no more debuffs.
    - Linked Spirit, allies gain 5% of your stats for 10 seconds on heal

I haven't got Break the Spirit or Divine Glow yet but they also seem more useful than the pure heals do.

Overall I'm happy with DC right now though I think several abilities are pure garbage *coughHEALINGWORDcough*.

That's my 2 cents.
  • deepgolddeepgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Im curious as how much as power changed in terms of effect for DC. It is pretty bad stacking power in BW3, so is crit/recovery still the better way to go for DC?
    edited April 2013
    deepgold wrote: »
    Im curious as how much as power changed in terms of effect for DC. It is pretty bad stacking power in BW3, so is crit/recovery still the better way to go for DC?

My experience is a resounding "Yes, Crit/Recovery trumps power."

Power isn't awful but if you replace power for crit on a 1 to 1 basis (which items basically allow) then you will do more DPS and HPS. Recovery is just good.

Currently I'm very much leaning towards Crit/Recovery/Defense items as a priority and just whatever has Crit if I can't get at least 2/3 of those stats. I may change my mind later since I see some use in Armor Pen, Regen, Deflect, and Move Speed.

Edit: After some experimentation I'm reconsidering my power -> Crit assessment here. I still like to have 20%+ crit and recovery though.