test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companion's Max Level

theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
something new has been added. the companions awarded by quests are now limited to level 15 while some other companions are limited to level 20 (oddly the ring slot does not unlock until 25, so why have that slot for humanoid companions?).

firstly - booooo.

secondly - what are the limits on dire wolf and panther? <- id like an answer for that one please

thirdly - boooo.

fourth - i need to run back to the emporium (again) and see if these limits are stated and look for limits mentioned on a lower level character acquiring a quest reward companion. if you know these off hand please comment.
The Evil Dr. F
Beta Junkie
grimrod614 wrote: »
Never leave home without a cleric !
fss_overall.png
Post edited by theevildrf on

Comments

• Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My Ioun stone is currently training L22+23

I think it has an item in the L25 slot too lol, so that must have changed as well.

L15 on regular ones sucks :/

I did notice you can get better (blue) AD ones from the scroll vendor's 2nd tab.

Will try and see if 25 is cap, or 30 like it used to be. Maybe purple will be that now :(
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    White = L15
    Green = L20
    Blue = L25
    Purple = L30

White = Common
    Blue = Uncommon
    Green = Rare
    Purple = Very Rare

White = Standard specs
    Green = Good specs
    Blue = Very good specs
    Purple = Extremely good specs

These colors have been in use in all Cryptic games (Champions, Star Trek and now Neverwinter) so the above (except for the training level cap) descriptions apply to all of them. It is common for gear like armor and weapons. I'll admit this is the first time I've seen it applied to "combat pets" - but it's understandable.
  • Options
    theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so far ive not seen it stated in the emporium (level limits). my bwe2 cleric disciple is 22/15 (white) whereas the one i bought (w/ gold) is 16/20 and is now for some reason green.

id still like to know limits of dire wolf and panther please.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Founder pets are both purple. mounts as well.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you can upgrade any companion to epic with Tomes so if you have a low quality one you like you can upgrade it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jetah wrote: »

Please cite your source.

I've been keeping my eyes open for this and have yet to see any official statement to this (or any other) affect. I am of the impression they will be white or possibly green, with hope: blue. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they are green, greatly surprised if they are blue and outright shocked if they are purple.

Yes.
    Really.
  • Options
    gendailgendail Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »
    you can upgrade any companion to epic with Tomes so if you have a low quality one you like you can upgrade it.

Where are the tomes? Only ones I found are not for sale, they say "Coming Soon" My cleric Companion is stuck at rank 15 :/
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »

i completely missed that. thank you.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    tikorumbleguttikorumblegut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Please cite your source.

I've been keeping my eyes open for this and have yet to see any official statement to this (or any other) affect. I am of the impression they will be white or possibly green, with hope: blue. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they are green, greatly surprised if they are blue and outright shocked if they are purple.

Yes.
    Really.

Source is cryptic. Please feel free to search the forums! =P

I have also seen official response saying both founders packs mounts and companions are purple.

There are lvl up tomes for companions to hit the next tier, just like the mounts have for upgrading tier.

Tiko
  • Options
    extinction777extinction777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I could see the guardian pet being blue and the hero pet being purple, that or both packs pets being purple. Don't see them being less then that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pretty sad that every weekend they jack us. Now we need to buy these tomes to get our companion to be able to rank up to the same level as the weeks prior.

Servers are 1/2 as stable with fewer people on, yet their focus every week is "what to take away and make them pay for"

Really wish I hadn't bough Zen early or even bought the Guardian pack. These greedy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are starting to really annoy me.

Good luck with an empty game in a few months
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Source is cryptic. Please feel free to search the forums! =P

I have also seen official response saying both founders packs mounts and companions are purple.

There are lvl up tomes for companions to hit the next tier, just like the mounts have for upgrading tier.

Tiko

Well, searching the forums, as I'm sure you know, is total hit-or-miss. I know about the tomes. :) Either way, I've purchased a Heavy Howler and Honey Badger from the Z-Store and man-o-man those are stunning! I'll create a Drow and ride a spider for kicks, but only because I get it with the pack, not really interested in that theme. But if that mount and companion is purple, then Cryptic is doing right by those investors and kudos to them for it.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    jetah wrote: »

woot to this, so when they get around to making a real cleric, not a light mage then my dire wolf will be useful lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited April 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    Pretty sad that every weekend they jack us. Now we need to buy these tomes to get our companion to be able to rank up to the same level as the weeks prior.

Servers are 1/2 as stable with fewer people on, yet their focus every week is "what to take away and make them pay for"

Really wish I hadn't bough Zen early or even bought the Guardian pack. These greedy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are starting to really annoy me.

Good luck with an empty game in a few months

Man What is up?

The last few days you have been a real Prophet of Doom.

Don't you have anything better to do than stick around and post in a game you don't want to play???
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sad when you post instead of playing, when you could be playing ... lol

I want this to succeed as I enjoy the actual game, but they are being ridiculous. You see the wards go up to $10 a pop?

If this was my only weekend, or even 2nd I wouldn't feel as pessimistic, but every time I see more and more changes to AD costs, things that no longer can be bought with gold, and new and improved zen sinks
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited April 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    Sad when you post instead of playing, when you could be playing ... lol

I want this to succeed as I enjoy the actual game, but they are being ridiculous. You see the wards go up to $10 a pop?

If this was my only weekend, or even 2nd I wouldn't feel as pessimistic, but every time I see more and more changes to AD costs, things that no longer can be bought with gold, and new and improved zen sinks

Perhaps I simply have a different perspective about the increasing cost of the game.

When I first started back in weekend one I thought to myself "dude this isn't like Cryptics other two MMO's at all. The AD just fall like rain and everything's so cheap!" And then after thinking for a bit I realized that the current prices were simply not viable if they wanted to make a profit.

So going back to STO and CO and looking at their cash shops and in game Premium currency store and I realized that increases where a given.

Now in BW4 it feels to me that the game is finally in line with the zen and "AD" stores in STO and CO as far as pricing goes.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    companion max level is a STUPID system - cryptic - get ridd of it NOW - let palyers choose the companion they want....makes also more sense for you in terms of monetization...people will buy a lot more companions if they are not limited - everybody HATES this that ive spoken to, seen playing or played with
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Its insane compared to other PW titles. I had no idea this was in line with Cryptic .. as this is my first.

Hard to believe the publisher isn't running the economy/CS

Falling like rain isn't the issue, that just helps people who can only play a few hrs a day, as you have a max refine limit.

When you look at how many days for X .. it is mind blowing. I honestly don't know someone that would earn that low of wage irl. Hell picking bottles will net you 500x what Zen you could earn via AD in a day.

I realize that Zen is 'optional' but AD is far from it. The limit will starve all the Zen purchasers who are not going to grind 83 days for a mount. Someone has to sell AD .. but when it is used to purchase everything... you break that economy.

No PW title uses 'tradable' currency to this staggering degree. They all have a dual currency where one is used in the AH/trades/Zen exchange. (and 'gold' for NPC stuff)

They broke that cardinal rule and it will bite them in the a$$ ijs
  • Options
    dkfdevildkfdevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can buy better books standard rank is 15
    PW Games currently playing: Neverwinter, Raiderz, Black Light Retribution
    PW Games played: Startrek Online, War of the Immortals, Forsaken World, Battle of the immortals
    PW Games i didnt try: TorchLight 2, JadeDynasty, Rusty Hearths, Ether Saga Odyssey, PW1
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    for mounts blue tome is 2M+ AD so . . . . that would be more than my bonus for HotN for _one_ companion to level to 25. not too impressed w/ that option. i think i got ~ 10K AD in 3 bwe (2, 3, & 4).
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    So I saw they have items to raise your companions to the next tier bleh :p
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    anyone know what color the companion dire wolf and panther will be? still waiting for a reference link.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The ones from the founder packs? They stated they'll be purple. Can't offer a link as proof though.
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to be honest. I really dislike this new level limit. I got to 40 during BW4 on my Great Weapon fighter. I had both the quest cleric and the Zen Shop wolf. From level 35+ my cleric got <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anytime I had to fight more then 3 people at once (which is cake). She literally gets like 3 shots and shes dead. I hope we are able to get better companions later on, not just from the cash shop too.
  • Options
    redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What Ranks are the Unique Armored Spider Mount and Unique Armored Horse Mount from the Hero of the North and Guardian of Neverwinter Founder's Packs, and can those ranks be increased through training?

The Unique Armored Spider Mount and Unique Armored Horse Mount are both Rank 3, at max speed, and do not need to be trained.

I can't find a specific quote saying the same about the companions now, but I could have sworn there was one as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    thank you. ill assume rank 3 is purple as it says not trained (tomed). if anyone might be so inclined as to assuage my worry over the companions id be much obliged.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    I love Neverwinter, but forcing the playbase to buy AD to level their companion is bad form. And bad business all around. I hate it really. The cash shop should be for cosmetics! Forcing leveling purchases is nothing short of evil. That will turn potential customers away. Guaranteed. I hope they change that... for everyones sake.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    desmun wrote: »
    I love Neverwinter, but forcing the playbase to buy AD to level their companion is bad form. And bad business all around. I hate it really. The cash shop should be for cosmetics! Forcing leveling purchases is nothing short of evil. That will turn potential customers away. Guaranteed. I hope they change that... for everyones sake.

AD can be earned in game, and even traded for zen. you never, at all, need to buy anything with real life currency.
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sigh, what next, soon we'll have to pay AD just to level ourselves or something...
    it's like they are trying to squeeze every ounce they can out of us

Plus if everything costs AD or zen,
    everyone will be running low really fast and it will be extremely grindy,
    just to buy the things we need,
    while practically swimming in gold, which becomes pointless currency with almost nothing to buy with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    prices last w/e were a bit high for what i would consider paying for a tome. lets hope they change that.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    fss_overall.png
This discussion has been closed.