test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LVL 50 GWF Video

tsprechertsprecher Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chao-_9-ahc

Here it goes. Don't complain about them being a bad class, they have tons of great things!
Post edited by tsprecher on

Comments

• Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Nice vid! but it seemed to me that even with your two charge powers active for a character with a ridiculously big sword you did ridiculously little damage so imho the class is still broken ( not in a good way ) now if you specced aoe agro tank i apologize for the misinterpretation but for dps that is just...well...yeah.
  • Options
    onetruesockonetruesock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    Video seems to be blocked in Canada :S

"This video contains content from WMG, [Merlin] RealPlayazLtd, UMG and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm in the middle of the US and it says the same to me, so...
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Kinda surprised to see dps'ers running off in front of the tank and pulling... guess I've been sheltered from this kinda game play if its considered normal to do that. Shame the game does not punish such game play.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    zanixiuszanixius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All this illustrates is how terrible our damage is. No offense, I mean if you went tanky route cool I guess, but I'd be willing to wager a guardian could easily out tank us while simultaneously out DPS us by just rolling their face on the keyboard.
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Jesus... damage digits 150-250... at lv 50.
    I dont know - should i cry or laught...?

Are you using lv 20 sword?
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    jamescoskerjamescosker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Class is very fun to play just needs a lil more dps.
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ****! Looking at those numbers definatly makes me think the devs must have made some sort of mistake when adjusting the dps of the class. These sort of numbers surely can't really be by design!
  • Options
    vezmirvezmir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GWF is a fighter which means he's main role is tank and he is very good in tanking adds which probably will be the most important part in end-game dungeons if they will exist.
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vezmir wrote: »
    GWF is a fighter which means he's main role is tank and he is very good in tanking adds which probably will be the most important part in end-game dungeons if they will exist.

GWF main roll is not a defender. Where did you get that idea? This is not 4e where fighters are defenders.

As described by Cryptic, Primary roll = damage dealer, Secondary roll = defender
  • Options
    asaviosasavios Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The GWF is supposed to be a mix between a striker and a defender so he will always get out dps'd.
    ->Source<-

Guess I have to wait 4 barbarian class... Here's a sad little panda.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GWF does damage to multiple foes per swing. How does the "total damage" compare with the TR single target DPS?
  • Options
    zanixiuszanixius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    itdude123 wrote: »
    GWF does damage to multiple foes per swing. How does the "total damage" compare with the TR single target DPS?

TR's do more single-point damage per hit than a GWF but additionally, a GWF's AoE strikes do even less per enemy hit. The more mobs we cleave, the less damage we do per mob, so the more times we have to swing. A TR could simply individually burn them down one by one down probably just as fast, if not faster, than it would take a GWF to just cleave them down.

So regardless if it equals out or not, during a boss fight, which is typically just a single enemy with a massive hit point pool, from a strictly DPS standpoint, why would the group bring a GWF if the "time to kill" would be faster by bringing a TR instead?
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    GWF has no identity in it's current incarnation. That is where most of the problem lies.
    GF has better AoE damage and survivability. TR has fantastic single target DPS and good avoidance tools.

GWF is kinda somewhere in limbo. I don't think Cryptic has really decided what role they want the class to fill at this point.

I was not part of earlier Betas but it seems that the AoE damage they did in CB3 has been largely reduced due to a new mechanic that punishes the GWF for hitting more than one target.

Even the charge ability seems to do little damage and at the cost of taking damage while waiting to strike. There should be a deflect bonus while charging an attack.

Probably would be better to just turn the GWF into a striker class and call it a Barbarian/Berserker and call it a day. LOL
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    doomking70doomking70 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    very clUnky and not very fluid IMO. worst class as of yet.:p
    Die
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    asavios wrote: »
    ->Source<-

Guess I have to wait 4 barbarian class... Here's a sad little panda.

Me too, but hopefully that will be no bad thing, and hopefully won't have to wait long.
  • Options
    darkstarx3darkstarx3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this proves my thoughts exactially a TR @ lvl 10 can out dps a GWF @ lvl 50 how sad and pathetic.
  • Options
    dshearndshearn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zanixius wrote: »
    So regardless if it equals out or not, during a boss fight, which is typically just a single enemy with a massive hit point pool, from a strictly DPS standpoint, why would the group bring a GWF if the "time to kill" would be faster by bringing a TR instead?

Because they need a tank?

Or possibly an off tank?

At the end of the day...its still a heavy armor class with a taunt factor......

It is a increased threat class that does AOE....build to be a tank and you have a role....build to be a gimped striker and you have a second rate dps class that is more durable then a Rogue..
  • Options
    theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think every class has their role.... just find your sweet spot and go for it. Every class is going to be tweaked good and bad. Roll with it and enjoy the game. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • Options
    jamescoskerjamescosker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dshearn wrote: »
    Because they need a tank?

Or possibly an off tank?

At the end of the day...its still a heavy armor class with a taunt factor......

It is a increased threat class that does AOE....build to be a tank and you have a role....build to be a gimped striker and you have a second rate dps class that is more durable then a Rogue..

gwf don't use heavy armor and not all fighters in mmos are tanks bro .
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    I guess all the people complaining about GWF DPS in this thread failed to see that he ranked #2 in damage dealt in the dungeon.

He was also #1 in damage taken and tied for least deaths.

Doesn't seem underpowered to me.
  • Options
    warfurybladezwarfurybladez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I guess all the people complaining about GWF DPS in this thread failed to see that he ranked #2 in damage dealt in the dungeon.

But with no TR to compare it to in the dungeon...
    Underworld Knights - Premier Oceanic Guild
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    But with no TR to compare it to in the dungeon...

Yeah, he just out DPSd 2 control wizards. No, it's not as high as TR, because he a DPS/Tank hybrid, a job which he clearly performed admirably well.
  • Options
    dshearndshearn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am pretty sure ( not 100%) that I was picking up heavy armor( plate-mail) drops for GWF.

I have not played the class...so lets get that disclaimer out of the way. Am I playing up what I am reading and making incorrect conclusions?

I look at the class as a class with access to damage mitigation (Unstoppable-Armor Specialization-Ubiquitous Shield-Nimble Runner-Daring Shout )

A Class that is has access to skills that boosts HPs ( Toughness-Constitution Focus)

A Class that rewards a user for increasing defense (Steely Defense)

There is also a Branch that goes even deeper in to "Tank-ish "skills --Sentinel--

Mitigation of Damage skills --Scale Agility--Grim Promise--Master at Arms--Sentinel's Aegis

Create Threat or Taunt effect --Grudge Style--Intimidation--Defiance--

How can one not conclude that this Class can be a AOE class that can built Aggro, that also has access to many different ways to build damage mitigation?

There are too many soft DPS classes that will come out over the life span on this game to hold out hope the class will be a top three DPS class. The DPS is always going to be "balanced" against the fact the class can absorb damage.

If they are a second class tank now compared to a GF( we all agree on that...right?), what happens when Other "defender" classes come out, say Paladins?

If I was going to "champion" (lobby) for the GWF community.... I would strive for the AOE off tank role. I think with "Come and Get it " utility and the AOE+ threat generation that is a natural role to push the class in to. That opens the door to ask for a Triggered AOE taunt.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    The thing I spotted is that the DPS of the Wizard in the lead was ~twice that of the lowest DPS wizard. As for if that the most DPS a GWF can put out nope he was getting minimal Combat Advantage in that run (no other melee classes to give it).

BTW I dunno how much of an increase in game CA gives though.
  • Options
    mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    volcxxx wrote: »
    Jesus... damage digits 150-250... at lv 50.
    I dont know - should i cry or laught...?

Are you using lv 20 sword?
    There is a bleeding debuff talent when you crit.
  • Options
    beardyalebellybeardyalebelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    GWF main roll is not a defender. Where did you get that idea? This is not 4e where fighters are defenders.

As described by Cryptic, Primary roll = damage dealer, Secondary roll = defender

This is one of the reasons GWF keep thinking they should do as much damage as a trickster rogue. You're wrong; Fighters ARE Defenders, this IS 4th edition. asavios posted a source for you below your post.

The sooner people realize GWF are still Defenders, the sooner we can get past the threads with people crying because rogues (STRIKERS) out dps them.
    BEARDY
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    Website Recruitment
  • Options
    scatheukscatheuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

1. No TR as mentioned before

2. He's basically Leroying every pack, running in well before others can get there, taking massive dmg before tank can save him, which is the only way he's getting so much determination for unstoppable. Try that letting tank pull first. Evidenced by being #1 dmg taken. Pretty sure in a top level instance that is not gonna be viable without dieing all the time and getting thrown out party by tank and healer ;p

3. Kinda related to 2., but he's trying much harder than anyone else to dps, which is great for him, but doesn't help for comparison purposes.

4. 10% above one CW (who is not supposed to be pure dps), 15% below one CW, both of which don't seem to be trying all that much.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    1.) Who cares, he's a tank/DPS hybrid who is #2 in the groups DPS, and CWs are good DPS
    2.) He's the only melee in the group, there is no tank besides him, and he's a tank hybrid class. His DPS would actually be BETTER if there were a tank because he would have combat advantage, and a GF to keep mobs bunched up instead of CW breaking them apart would have helped his DPS also.
    3.) Better is better. If you're going to use anecdotal evidence to support a theory, at least have an example of it. I have a source right here where a GWF outperforms 2/3 control wizards in DPS.

If you want a pure DPS character, play a TR. If you want a melee who can sustain himself in combat and wears medium armor but sacrifices a bit of DPS for livability, play a GWF. They're still some of the best DPS in the game with great tanking ability. As this video clearly demonstrates.

Did you really not expect there to be any drawbacks to possessing more defensive measures than the TR? Or were people just expecting some ridiculously overpowered class that could do everything? As nearly as I can tell, any "nerfs" were clearly needed class balance adjustments.
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did you notice one of the wizards was needing almost every item.