test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is Qilue Veladorn?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Off Topic
I haven't read any novels in ages so I have no clue who he/she is other than a good drow.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I believe she's one of the Seven Sisters and I don't believe she has survived to Neverwinter's time period.

Why do you ask?
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Qilue Veladorn is dead. So is Eilistraee. She was chosen of both Eilistraee and Mystra. She died during the events of Sava game between Lolth and Eilistraee.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was curious because she's been mentioned a couple of times.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    . . . . .Qilue Veladorn was the seventh of the Seven Sisters to be born. When Qilue was still in the womb, her paternal mother was at the time possessed by Mystra and being used as a host to give birth to Mystra's planned 7 human daughters. Mystra realized that most mortals she Chose to bear her power, often went mad. So she saw that she could give birth to mortals through mortals that would have a much higher chance at surviving being Chosen.

. . . . .So, Mystra's host had just given birth to the sixth of Mystra's seven daughters when the woman's husband found out and freaked out! He killed his wife before the seventh daughter was born and Mystra scrambled to find a new host in time for her seventh daughter. Eilistrasee and Mystra worked together and found one of Eilistrasee's most favored drow women and Qilue was supplanted in her womb and was born a Drow, unlike her other 6 human sisters.

. . . . .Qilue, like her other sisters, Elminster and Khelben before her, were all Chosens of Mystra as well as the Seven Sisters being human (and one drow) paternal daughters of the Goddess. Qilue was the only one to worship two deities Mystra and Eilistrasee and was actually the only few beings to be Chosen by two gods, having also been chosen by Eilistrasee, bearing the power and love of two Goddesses. Another known person chosen by more than one God was Queen Amlaruil Moonflower, who was chosen by the entire Seldarine Pantheon when Amlaruil refrained from heeding the Call of Arvandor, instead deciding to stay for her People of Evermeet.

. . . . .About a hundred years ago in 1379 DR, when Qilue was possessed by Eilistrasee, Halisstra was tricked by Lolth into killing Qilue with a very powerful, but malfunctioning sword that destroyed the being's soul when slain with it. Qilue's head was struck off and both Qilue and Eilistrasee were slain. Eilistrasee sacrificed herself and Corellon lifted the curse on all drow faithful to Eilistrasee at the time of her Death, in effect making about 15-20% of teh drow population now back to the original "Dark Elves" they used to be before Araushnee tried to assassinate Corellon and caused his wrath upon her and the Dark Elves.

. . . . .Because the sword used to slay Qilue/Eilistrasee was known to have been malfunctioning and repaired, there lies the question whether Qilue was fully destroyed or was reuinited with Toril and will eventually return to the Weave and Mystra when Mystra is reborn again in the not-so-distant future. For, whenever a Chosen of Mystra dies, the very essence of Mystra in them returns slowly through Toril back to the fabric of magic then into the Weave and back into Mystra. Since we know Mystra is returning in D&D Next, only time will tell of both Qilue's and Eilistrasee's true fate.

. . . . .If you're really interested in her, check out the Seven Sisters source book from 2nd edition, its lore is still 100% relevant. There is also a great novel called "Silverfall: Stories of the Seven Sisters" that is maginificent!
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info. Quite interesting. I don't read much but it sounds like I may have to look this stuff up :cool: