Zen Store Prices need to be reduced, by alot!

zylaxx
zylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
$45 for a mount, $10.00 for a Bag Slot.

Seems liek the prices are a bit exaggerated, please rethink reducing your prices to reflect the industry standard. I have no problems paying RL Cash for items, but they need to have value.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Character is what a man is in the dark
Post edited by zylaxx on
«134

Comments

  • enderlin50
    enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honey Badger can be $35, because Honey Badger don't give a f**k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zylaxx
    zylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Honey Badger can be $35, because Honey Badger don't give a f**k.

    HAH I see what you did there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • timm4444
    timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited April 2013
    The raise in prices this weekend make comparable Neverwinter's pricing with Star trek online and Champions online. . .

    . . . To think that this game would be cheaper was/is a pipe dream. . .
  • rojor
    rojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    The raise in prices this weekend make comparable Neverwinter's pricing with Star trek online and Champions online. . .

    . . . To think that this game would be cheaper was/is a pipe dream. . .

    Erm i think you have it wrong there, the only thing inline with sto was the lockbox keys everything else is either non comparable or just over priced: e.g.
    -->mount does not equal a starship(a starship shoots/has abilities ect a mount...just moves you at a somewhat rapid rate and dismounts when you perform any action or get hit 3-5 times ) also a mount costs $5 - $40 a ship costs $5 -$25.
    -->companions and officers are equivalent, both give powers or cast abilities and attack in combat, the cost of sto bridge officer is $5 the cost a companion in D&D NWO is $15- $35.
    -->24 inventory slots(equivilent to a bag) in STO costs $8 whilst a bag in D&D NWO costs $10.

    -->costumes in STO cost $5.50-$7 costumes in D&D NWO cost $12- $30.

    -->Duty officer packs in sto cost $2-$2.75 and in D&D NWO the profession packs cost $3-$7.

    and don't even get me started on champions online as it is more budget friendly then STO at the moment.

    The reason why im giving you this information and putting it in this thread however is not because i wish to prove you wrong (however inadvertently) but because these prices were the prices in a BETA WEEKEND which means they are subject to change and if the powers that be happen to read this thread i don't wont them coming to the wrong conclusion about "comparable" pricing and how the prices they just used in the latest offering were somehow so.
  • zylaxx
    zylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    The raise in prices this weekend make comparable Neverwinter's pricing with Star trek online and Champions online. . .

    . . . To think that this game would be cheaper was/is a pipe dream. . .

    Sad because this means once I get my Bag slots I will never spend another dime in the cash shop cause its to expensive. I spent alot in GW2 because things were reasonable. I would buy a Mount or a Companion this very instant if it was no more then $25 for mount or $20 for a companion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • bluesteel8
    bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I spent quite a fair bit in PS2 due to the prices being fairly cheap. I know the items are totally different but just stating I didn't hold back spending the cash. Here... Nope. But that's just me.
    [SIGPIC]

    [/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • kittledorf
    kittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The point with this game was the hype and to sell founderpacks, they did a great job with that. When it comes to the Z-store they just want to make a little profit nothing more. Its a classic shake&bake mmo, the Z-store is for the tiny fanbase. The game got many flaws in this design and most people will get bored during the open beta, and then a tiny fraction of players will keep playing after the real launch and those are the ones that will pay these crazy prices :O.
  • enderlin50
    enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    I spent quite a fair bit in PS2 due to the prices being fairly cheap. I know the items are totally different but just stating I didn't hold back spending the cash. Here... Nope. But that's just me.

    Sigh I spent way too much on PS2. Got armor, guns and camo on ever class =/.. If NW does daily or weekly deals like PS2 did and cuts prices temporarily then it would be ok
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kilo418
    kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do the bought companions and mounts unlock for the account or the character. I could maybe be ok with some of the prices if they are account unlocks. If they are per character, PWE has got to be kidding with the prices
  • timm4444
    timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited April 2013
    rojor wrote: »
    Erm i think you have it wrong there, the only thing inline with sto was the lockbox keys everything else is either non comparable or just over priced: e.g.
    -->mount does not equal a starship(a starship shoots/has abilities ect a mount...just moves you at a somewhat rapid rate and dismounts when you perform any action or get hit 3-5 times ) also a mount costs $5 - $40 a ship costs $5 -$25.
    -->companions and officers are equivalent, both give powers or cast abilities and attack in combat, the cost of sto bridge officer is $5 the cost a companion in D&D NWO is $15- $35.
    -->24 inventory slots(equivilent to a bag) in STO costs $8 whilst a bag in D&D NWO costs $10.

    -->costumes in STO cost $5.50-$7 costumes in D&D NWO cost $12- $30.

    -->Duty officer packs in sto cost $2-$2.75 and in D&D NWO the profession packs cost $3-$7.

    and don't even get me started on champions online as it is more budget friendly then STO at the moment.

    The reason why im giving you this information and putting it in this thread however is not because i wish to prove you wrong (however inadvertently) but because these prices were the prices in a BETA WEEKEND which means they are subject to change and if the powers that be happen to read this thread i don't wont them coming to the wrong conclusion about "comparable" pricing and how the prices they just used in the latest offering were somehow so.


    Cost of buying 1 companion in neverwinter $15-35

    Cost of filling your all your Max level ships 6 duty stations with zen store bridge officers $30

    Seems pretty close to me. . . .
  • arcademaster
    arcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let's not forget gear that costs 2 million AD for a single piece of equipment. Show me something besides fleet projects designed for 20+ people that cost 666k dilithium (24k AD daily refinement limit to STO's 8k dil equivalent). Instead an endgame weapon costs 30k at the most in STO, comparable to not even 100k AD in NW.

    The prices here are nothing like in STO.
  • zieglerz
    zieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    What are you people complaining about? .....it's totally free to play....you dont have to buy a single thing to enjoy all the wonderful pleasures of this game.

    if you didnt see the blantant gouging with the pricing of the Founder's pack as an indicator of how they would running this game, then you werent paying much attention.
  • fredbakan
    fredbakan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    PWE has got to be kidding with the prices
    +1 i agree
  • darkstarmjp
    darkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2 character slots for 500 zen seems good to me, I hope they don't increase it.
  • soiledostrich
    soiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Sigh I spent way too much on PS2. Got armor, guns and camo on ever class =/.. If NW does daily or weekly deals like PS2 did and cuts prices temporarily then it would be ok

    Haha yeah I spent about 400 bucks on PS2 to see that game quickly tank. Due to Air or Infantry being the only real options already. I spent 280 on The Secret World before that for all the packs and some cool extras when the game launched. That game is kinda in limbo for me atm. I think I have had 10 times more fun in STO and have only spent 20 bucks though I got those starter items from this cough 200 dollar pack.

    Kinda been gravitating towards PW games since at least the currency I can drop can be used on several different fun games.
  • enderlin50
    enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Do the bought companions and mounts unlock for the account or the character. I could maybe be ok with some of the prices if they are account unlocks. If they are per character, PWE has got to be kidding with the prices

    Mounts are account wide.
    Companion are character. You can unbind a leveled Companion with Astral Diamonds and trade to another character or sell it at its current level for profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morvek01
    morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Low price = higher profit overall, more people buying your product. High price = less profit overall, you limit the percentage of people buying your product. I really hope they stop and look closely at their business model with regard to the ztore pricing. At the end of the day the ztore sells things that have zero substance, these are digital items. The pricetag could be 1$ and they'd still be worth nothing. The value of these items is determined by creation (does it LOOK cool?) and demand (does it DO something cool?). I personally will be buying anything I want off the ztore. I see the current prices, ON SOME ITEMS but not all, as something that may hinder community growth in the long run and that's what I don't want to see.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • derangedhero
    derangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    What are you people complaining about? .....it's totally free to play....you dont have to buy a single thing to enjoy all the wonderful pleasures of this game.

    A little sad, but true. :(

    I want to buy things from the z-store and make everyone happy.
    But I will not do so if they are priced in such a way that it feels like I am donating money, rather than getting my coin's worth.

    In the end, if prices stay as they are, I'll probably get one or two things from the store, if they ever make something that fits my main's concept exactly, and otherwise enjoy the free parts of Neverwinter.
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • vampero
    vampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just wait for stuff to go on sale or don't even buy from the Zen market place. I think it is a big time rip off...lol Using in game gold to buy things it ok.

    It needs to be more in line with Guild Wars 2 Market, us westerns don't like far east mark ups.
  • forumcan
    forumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Don't get me wrong but...

    I think these prices are temporary.
    They are high right now, just to increase the value of the "founder packs".
    We can think that as business strategy.

    I believe prices will go down after open beta.

    I might be wrong though... who knows...
  • vampero
    vampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong but...

    I think these prices are temporary.
    They are high right now, just to increase the value of the "founder packs".
    We can think that as business strategy.

    I believe prices will go down after open beta.

    I might be wrong though... who knows...

    I hope you right because it is a big big big ripoff ! :rolleyes:
  • vassilizaitsev
    vassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I also agree with the OP. With the current prices, I doubt i'll spend much if any Zen. I really hope the dev and publisher are keeping an eye out on this post. I would wager most people agree with the OP as well. I will say it here. If the prices drop, at least 30%-50% more things will sell, and a lot more often.
  • zieglerz
    zieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I wager they drop after nobody but the extreme fan bois dont buy anything.

    That's my hope at least...that their cash shop is a total freakin failure.
  • vampero
    vampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The way you get the prices to go down is get the word out and tell the people DON'T buy from it until they drop the prices and they will..:mad::p
  • fractur3d20
    fractur3d20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully they put half as much time and development into the game as they are putting into finding ways to get your money.
  • eyebreaker7
    eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I already paid $200 for the (Hero of the North Founder's Pack) + another $20 for a Neverwinter Starter Kit..
    I don't want to spend $30 for a Honey Badger or however much it is. Sure I get a Black Panther for part of my Hero Pack but I'd much rather have a Honey Badger :cool:
    Honey Badger for the win!!!
    Prices need to come down please.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • stringse
    stringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    I already paid $200 for the (Hero of the North Founder's Pack) + another $20 for a Neverwinter Starter Kit..
    I don't want to spend $30 for a Honey Badger or however much it is. Sure I get a Black Panther for part of my Hero Pack but I'd much rather have a Honey Badger :cool:
    Honey Badger for the win!!!
    Prices need to come down please.
    Buying the Honey Badger regardless of price but yes these prices are too high!
  • neya01
    neya01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    Prices do need to come down indeed. Its simple physiology: people will buy more if they dont feel they are paying 'too much', and right now many people clearly feel they would need to pay too much.
  • projx
    projx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    These prices aren't micro transactions... They're at a dollar amount that causes people to think / hold back on purchasing. They would do much better in the micro transaction range where people don't really think about the purchase as it has little effect on their personal finances.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • horsepop
    horsepop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Agree. Zen store prices are crazy high :[

    I mean, bags and respec tokens are musthaves but with those prices I am not sure I will buy any.
    Personally I would gladly buy things if the prices were lower - much lower. As long as I felt I got something for the money. Say 10 respecs for 5$, or 1-2$ for a bag. Then I would buy those things all the time to all of my characters, resulting in a lot more income to Cryptic than me (and I am sure others as well) not buying anything.