test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen Store Prices need to be reduced, by alot!

124»

Comments

• Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rentals? "Pick Enterprise. Well pick you up."?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've played STO for some time. Comparatively, NWO is too overpriced.

I expect Cryptic to have a zen market that is balanced across all their titles when dealing with like for like items. Not just on your locked box keys. Given their success in the F2P market, I'm disappointed to see such a basic aspect of what keeps their business afloat is being undermined by the cost of items in NWO.

That being said, I generally don't care. It should be fair and equal though which is my only issue. Main example - four ships in STO for around $50 with far more functionality than a $40 mount. One ship in STO besides being your space combat tool of choice also has a bridge you can walk around and interact with. A mount you can get on and off it.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    I've played STO for some time. Comparatively, NWO is too overpriced.

I expect Cryptic to have a zen market that is balanced across all their titles when dealing with like for like items. Not just on your locked box keys. Given their success in the F2P market, I'm disappointed to see such a basic aspect of what keeps their business afloat is being undermined by the cost of items in NWO.

That being said, I generally don't care. It should be fair and equal though which is my only issue. Main example - four ships in STO for around $50 with far more functionality than a $40 mount. One ship in STO besides being your space combat tool of choice also has a bridge you can walk around and interact with. A mount you can get on and off it.

But they're not like for like economic models. STO's pricing includes the fact that many players are paying $15/month. NW doesn't have that income. Its pricing compares with PWE's pure F2P games, not with their "freemium" ones. It's like for like, but not with STO and CO.
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will just start on the 30th with my free mount that I got from PC gamer(let me in beta 2-3 also). I planned to buy the cheapest pack originally until I saw they don't even let you in beta 4 with it, so skipped it.

I will only buy microtransactions so that means $5 or less items. Right now if there is noting good for that price, then i will buy nothing at all.

I just got 10 steam games for $5 in another indie bundle of great games. How am I going to pay $40 for a mount in this game lol.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Patience will get you anything you want in this game.....for free.

If you're not patient, then deal with the prices that are larger simply because this game doesn't benefit from box sales or monthly sub fees.

That's called logic.

/thread
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aliquidwolfaliquidwolf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buying things from the shop in LotRO, and GW2, I believe the prices in this game seem too high.
    If more things were account bound, or unlocked for all characters, I'd be more inclined to pay the prices.

The game has been good so far, but I'm just not all that interested in spending that much on a single character. I could easily spend $20-$50 a month on a game that opened more things up for me account-wise... but definitely not per character.
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    Patience will get you anything you want in this game.....for free.

If you're not patient, then deal with the prices that are larger simply because this game doesn't benefit from box sales or monthly sub fees.

That's called logic.

/thread

No, that's called make believe.

This game would be much better off as a P2P title.

You can spend 12+ hours daily farming and you'd still need to spend a whole year doing nothing but daily dungeons and skirmishes as well as foundry missions to get a minimum of one decent piece of equipment withou buying ZEN to trade for AD. Well, if you include the odd drops you put on the AH that sells for like 50+ AD a piece then maybe not a full year but the difference is hardly much to talk about.

Your logic is seriously flawed if you think anyone has that amount of patience in them in this day and age of mmorpgs.

I'm still playing, but only for the RP part as there's no point in playing progressively in this game with these prices etc.

I'm waiting for ESO to be released now, and because it's P2P, i know what i'm getting and i won't have to worry about having to spend tons of money in a cash shop to stay progressive or to make sure i've got enough inventory space for my characters as well as other stuff that aren't account bound.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You dont need bagslots.. you already can get enough to get around. you dont need to buy the 45 dollar mount.. if a guy has a 1 million house, will you cry about him buying an expensive house just to justify the looks? no you wont, so why worry about people buying a 45 dollar mount.. its ridicolous
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    direbornedireborne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    there's no point in playing progressively in this game with these prices etc.

I'm waiting for ESO to be released now, and because it's P2P, i know what i'm getting and i won't have to worry about having to spend tons of money in a cash shop to stay progressive or to make sure i've got enough inventory space for my characters as well as other stuff that aren't account bound.

This. What this business model is doing is killing the enjoyment for me (and many of my friends) because we all realize that trying to make any sort of progress is pointless without z-shop and none of us are willing to pay the current prices. Mind you we're all adults with plenty of disposable income we normally freely spend on gaming.

Not this time.

The push to relieve you of your cash is just too blatant and too severe, and as a consumer I find it offensive. I won't spend a dime with the current state of affairs; I will play for as long as the lack of quality of life things doesn't annoy me (too much), and then I will move on. It's a shame, too, because the game is actually fun. But it will be dead within a year unless PW rethinks their business model.
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    vampero wrote: »
    I hope you right because it is a big big big ripoff ! :rolleyes:

I am happy to spend cash in games stores, and do in other MMOs; however the prices here are such that they really do seem to be a rip off.
    The problem is that even if I do not spend any real money on Zen, the thought that this is a rip off has now been associated with PWE and is now seeded in my mind, and a fair few others I bet. This could well result in players drifting away. Players who would normally be happy to spend in an in game store, but not if they feel they are being ripped off.