test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buff/Change "Mark" please!

sixko1sixko1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Whats your guys take on the GF tab ability "Mark"?

I really find it lacking and soooo boring!
All of the other classes have really cool tab abilitys and the GF gets this?

I rarely use it while soloing as it seems kinda useless, its effect is hardy noticable and it gets removed to easily.
I might be good while tanking in a group seeing as it gives more agro, but again...it is removed to easily.

This skill REALLY needs some love if you ask me.
Post edited by sixko1 on

Comments

• Options
    unjustbladeunjustblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited April 2013
    sixko1 wrote: »

I rarely use it while soloing as it seems kinda useless, its effect is hardy noticable and it gets removed to easily.
    I might be good while tanking in a group seeing as it gives more agro, but again...it is removed to easily.

The main purpose of this skill is not damage but to increase threat. So in a solo situation, yes, it is weak. However, with points put into it, it not only deals damage and additional threat, but any damage you deal to the target while marked will produce twice the threat. If you're looking for raw damage output, you're barking up the wrong tree.

However, with all that said, good luck keeping hate from one of those half-baked GF wannabe companions. As far as I can tell, whenever they exist it causes 18 septillion hate to everything in the zone. Too bad that's not an exaggeration.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The main purpose of this skill is not damage but to increase threat. So in a solo situation, yes, it is weak. However, with points put into it, it not only deals damage and additional threat, but any damage you deal to the target while marked will produce twice the threat. If you're looking for raw damage output, you're barking up the wrong tree.

However, with all that said, good luck keeping hate from one of those half-baked GF wannabe companions. As far as I can tell, whenever they exist it causes 18 septillion hate to everything in the zone. Too bad that's not an exaggeration.

It doesnt need to do a bunch a damage but it needs to do something that is actually noticable both while soloing and grouping.
    Compared to the other classes tab abilities "Mark" is really lacking and boring as hell.

Threat seems kinda iffy aswell but thats a whole other discussion, especially those tank companions as you say
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only use I have seen from Mark has been to pull mobs from afar. The threat generation is terrible in groups from this ability. And the guardian companion just sits there with his shield up the whole time and not attacking and generates way more threat than I can dream of.

I wonder if the GF companion's shield has a big all "Your mother smells of elderberries" sign on it's shield. If it does, can I get one too?
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited April 2013
    It's great, especially when you can walk into a tough boss, mark him and he comes over all pissed off, whilst your group deal damage.
    I don't know what level you got to, but you will like it later, for sure.
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It's great, especially when you can walk into a tough boss, mark him and he comes over all pissed off, whilst your group deal damage.
    I don't know what level you got to, but you will like it later, for sure.

I only got to level 27, so you are saying it some how gets better later on? In what way?
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah that tab skill sucks
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited April 2013
    I only got to level 27, so you are saying it some how gets better later on? In what way?

It doesn't really get better but of course enemies do.
    You'll be asking for more threat powers later, honestly, it really is nice for your group if you can keep all the threat/aggro at all times.

For me i found the skill useful, especially when clerics are around.
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    santos1978santos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wasn't able to play in bw4 but in bw3 at level 30ish doing LotMD trying to keep mobs off the DC, Mark was my friend. I was hoping to get into bw4 and check out threat again but us lowly non-HotN or Guardians have to hope for the best.

While reading the DC forums I saw some DCs say threat issue with their class was fixed and some say it wasn't fixed but a bit better. Any GF notice how threat was, I mean in BW3 it was almost impossible to recover in the last boss of LotMD is the cleric pulled most of the mobs on the last boss fight. What was it like in BW4?
    elbansiggy_zps80b97275.png

HONOR - ABOVE - ALL - ELSE

VICE LORD
    KILLER BEE SANTOS
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    With points in the tier 3 power that improves its threat and with the improved threat through the heroic feats it was pretty reliable in groups. My issue with powers is with the one that does damage with a successfull block since at lower levels you are practically forced to put points in it, and the damage is laughable. Doing a couple of points of damage here and there is hardly worth a point or two of your powers just to advance down a tree. We really do need more options for our points.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It doesn't really get better but of course enemies do.
    You'll be asking for more threat powers later, honestly, it really is nice for your group if you can keep all the threat/aggro at all times.

For me i found the skill useful, especially when clerics are around.

Im sure it will be nice for some additional threat. The thing that really bugs me though is that compared to the tab abilities of the other classes "mark" seems quite bad
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    With points in the tier 3 power that improves its threat and with the improved threat through the heroic feats it was pretty reliable in groups. My issue with powers is with the one that does damage with a successfull block since at lower levels you are practically forced to put points in it, and the damage is laughable. Doing a couple of points of damage here and there is hardly worth a point or two of your powers just to advance down a tree. We really do need more options for our points.

Cheers!

Are you talking about the one that returns 1/2/3% damage depending on how many points you spent in it? Yeah, that one seems pretty horrible aswell
  • Options
    visnsgcvisnsgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree that it really needs something to spice it up - once you have threatening rush you will hardly EVER use it.
  • Options
    malibearmalibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    santos1978 wrote: »
    I wasn't able to play in bw4 but in bw3 at level 30ish doing LotMD trying to keep mobs off the DC, Mark was my friend. I was hoping to get into bw4 and check out threat again but us lowly non-HotN or Guardians have to hope for the best.

While reading the DC forums I saw some DCs say threat issue with their class was fixed and some say it wasn't fixed but a bit better. Any GF notice how threat was, I mean in BW3 it was almost impossible to recover in the last boss of LotMD is the cleric pulled most of the mobs on the last boss fight. What was it like in BW4?

Well it was definitely better. Though to be honest, in big groups the cleric I played with all weekend got aggro from the weaker mobs a decent amount..though it could be because she didn't use any Aggro reducing powers/feats lol. The one big pain in the butt was the companions..The tank companions did a ton of aggro, really hard to pull a mob off...also annoying that people would bring a tank companion into the dungeon -_-
  • Options
    ritorixritorix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    malibear wrote: »
    The one big pain in the butt was the companions..The tank companions did a ton of aggro, really hard to pull a mob off...also annoying that people would bring a tank companion into the dungeon -_-

I'm guessing a lot of folks got the tank companion for solo use, and don't want to spend 2 gold on another companion.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Good point, Also the Mark ability does not even fit the 4E mark ability.

In 4E You auto marked any monster you attacked. And marked monster suffered additional attacks for ignoring you, such as walking away or attacking an ally.

It seems like they made the Mark ability the GF Fighters Tab ability because they had nothing else to put there.

Why isn't the GF Tab ability Block? And why do they not have any Stamina move like every other class.
  • Options
    unjustbladeunjustblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited April 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »

In 4E You auto marked any monster you attacked. And marked monster suffered additional attacks for ignoring you, such as walking away or attacking an ally.

It seems like they made the Mark ability the GF Fighters Tab ability because they had nothing else to put there.

Why isn't the GF Tab ability Block? And why do they not have any Stamina move like every other class.

Because your shift ability is your damage avoidance ability. The wizard has a teleport, the rogue has the dodge, the cleric has the electric slide, the great weapon fighter sprint, and we have our shield.
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After Closed beta four the Mark skill is 100x better than what it was in Closed beta's 1-3. It basically did absolutely nothing but put a red X over your marked target. I tested this skill numerous times and while it does actually work now I still feel it lacks something minor.

The Mark skill now lowers the resistance of your marked target and generates twice as much threat. After several hits you WILL gain the marked targets attention and it will be locked in on you. However, our AoE Enforced Threat skill is a taunt that basically gets all affected targets attention and you gain aggro immediately. Knight's Challenge works the same as Enforced threat but it is single target only and it involves an immediate notice from the target.

As I mentioned at the beginning of my post I feel the skill works great now but is still missing something minor. Maybe if they brought Mark up to par with Knight's Challenge and Enforced Threat and adjust Mark to where it actually snaps the marked target to you instantly instead of having to build threat up over several attacks.

Thanks for reading guys and gals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And to add to my last reply.

As mark is currently it is not to be used as a Taunt but rather a quick aggro builder.

Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »

This. The tab marking seems more in line with 4e paladin marking not fighter. They should just roll mark into at-will attacks for GF, say into cleave for multi marking, but with a short duration so u would need to reaply it every so often.

Then change tab to a super threat stance, that gets more aggro but enemies do more damage. Or maybe a DPS stance similar to GWF but instead of faster attack GF would get just more power and less defense. Rename it recklesness
  • Options
    sterling330sterling330 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I found it pretty useful to pull targets with its 100' range.
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it's good for PvE, the problem is the Tab skil is boring and nearly useless for PvP.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    leisses wrote: »
    I think it's good for PvE, the problem is the Tab skil is boring and nearly useless for PvP.

This is a PVE based game, PVP just about always ruins it for PVE players in all MMo's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leowanazleowanaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It does feel both week and boring. I agree something needs to be done to put it more in line with the other classes and make it useful when soloing.
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is a PVE based game, PVP just about always ruins it for PVE players in all MMo's.

Plz! Don't turn it in another PvP VS PvE topics...
  • Options
    tymefortymefor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you change id liek to see would be normal at-wills not removing the mark ability. I can see that working quite well into enhanced mark.
  • Options
    stormganzostormganzo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IM a LVL 48 GF, and i found this tab ability pretty useless.

1) the casting animation is too slow for the effect it provide. For that casting time i prefer and AOE mark with a low\medium CD; or the spammable single target mark, with a very fast casting time(or with no animation at all). The actual version is very boring to use.

2)compared with the other tab classes, is weak; on dungeon our guard dont last very long, and with this, our Marks dont last very long. its just difficult to mantain the multiple marks provided by enforcing treath and treathning rush, that using this skill is just annoying(at least for me)

3)No other use except for threath generation and only if you pick enhanced mark. Without this power use a mark is useless.

For me the mark mechanic and the tab specific power needs to be revised a bit.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main issue is that Mark essentially becomes useless once in a fight, other than to pull more enemies into the fray. That and it doesn't help in KEEPING threat, only getting it, and even then it isn't so effective: So there's an enemy wailing on your party. Mark, smack it a couple times, hopefully it doesn't use an AoE which drops your mark, it aggros on you and drops your mark anyway, then unless your attack and threat talents outweigh that of your party, they go back to having fun on your party, and the pattern repeats. Sure, you can block attacks to keep the mark, but there's only so much you can block, and you can't use many skills while blocking too. (not to mention, I've heard that blocking is kinda pointless in hither tier dungeons thanks to it being smashed right through regardless..)

Marks should last for more than just a hit, ESPECIALLY the one from tab: there's almost no reason why it shouldn't be a permanent mark (it has no cast time, low cooldown), and should as noted rightfully also debuff the mob in some form without additional talents/feats.
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This ability really does need help.

It is too easily taken off of a mob, and its effects are negligible compared to other class tab abilities.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't read any posts except first one so sorry if I'm repeating but my take on the tab skill would be that it's very efficient when you need to hold aggro on a boss and elites while some small add is on your DC. Jump and tab, done.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mark should be insta-cast (free action) at least it would not be a pain to mark "during" combat for the benefit it gives or give a 3sec taunt, the time we can hit him back 2-3 times.

It is sad between 15 to 35 how the tank companion just has golden aggro no ones can steal him the aggro. So for this sole reason, i think Gf threat before 35 is problematic and could be improved, it's not like it's intend he shouldn't have the threat to tank if a companion can do it hundred of time better. The mark could be a good starting point, maybe they only forgot a 0 somewhere ^^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]