Options

Buff/Change "Mark" please!

2»

Comments

• Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Didn't read any posts except first one so sorry if I'm repeating but my take on the tab skill would be that it's very efficient when you need to hold aggro on a boss and elites while some small add is on your DC. Jump and tab, done.

It is very good, i understand but you will not claim it's viable early? While it gets better, it's not really in line with other class feature (Tab), imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the only problem with mark, that I see thus far (level 16), is that it goes away the second you take damage. at least it seems that way.

the Mark needs to persist for a period of time. say 8-10 seconds, roughly for the TAB skill(Single-target), and maybe 5-6 seconds for Enforced Threat(AOE). my suggested times could be a little long, but you get the idea.

this will allow us precious time to build enough threat that we can keep it from a Cleric.

another suggestion might be to simply move Enforced Threat wholesale, without making any changes to it, and make it the TAB skill, and do away with the current Mark skill.
  • Options
    ossuriossuri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How are you people saying that its good, you loose the mark if you get hit, there's no way to hold up your guard meter with 10 mobs hitting you, only way i see this useful is against a single target where you can block the attacks but when has that ever happened in neverwinter, tanking in T2 dungeons is a pain in the ***, there are 10-15mobs in each pull and no way for me to actually hold aggro on more than half of them. tanking in this game is a bit broken seeing as the pulls are so big our skills dont hit them all, like in pirate king epic, how on earth am i supposed to tank the 1st boss adds? 30 adds and my aoe taunt hits 5 and my atwill 4.... i would love this game so much more if i was able to actually tank instead of just half tanking.
  • Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play a GWF and we have a talent that increases damage done to marked targets by 15%.Thats alot especially in AOE fights.
  • Options
    ossuriossuri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They dont stay marked unless we spam it and do nothing else..
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ossuri wrote: »
    They dont stay marked unless we spam it and do nothing else..
    Or block and poke a single character, or some other thing which probably doesn't involve properly attacking multiple targets.

Separately, has anyone noticed that Enforced Threat doesn't always successfully taunt enemies? (usually when an enemy gets knocked around/CCed for a while, and they get bored trying to get to me and resume smacking their original target; I know they haven't smacked me yet cause they're still marked)..
  • Options
    akaiifsakaiifs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Our tab skill is fail compared to other classes. Only viable in PvE for starters. Secondly, when "casting" it you actually have to remove guard (mid fight for example) and mark, making you vulnerable. Then you have to wait a second or so before marking another additional target. The entire concept is lacking and is useless when you use the passives + at wills/AE encounters we have. What a waste....
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akaiifs wrote: »
    Our tab skill is fail compared to other classes. Only viable in PvE for starters. Secondly, when "casting" it you actually have to remove guard (mid fight for example) and mark, making you vulnerable. Then you have to wait a second or so before marking another additional target. The entire concept is lacking and is useless when you use the passives + at wills/AE encounters we have. What a waste....

Though if you are one of those GF's which don't bother to guard, marking is fairly painless and helps to pull more enemies into the mayhem. But I wouldn't consider pulling to be anywhere near equivalent to having immunity to knockback and damage reduction, or powering up abilities, or having instant CA (which also powers up abilities).
  • Options
    stormganzostormganzo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not so painless, think about it:

To mark with TAB you have to respect at least 2 conditions.

1)not to be on guard
    2)wait the complete animation.

Now how is possibile that this skill can be useful on dungeon?
    You mark a target and if its ranged, you istantly lose the mark, because from my experience is not possible to tab mark, and then instantly guard. You have to wait the WHOLE mark animation.
    And even if you mark->guard, your guard bar on dungeon is wiped with a couple of attacks, even if you shield bash\tide of iron your enemy. There is no a real compensation on this.
  • Options
    alphretalphret Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the other class's get a more fun tab mark because they are ..well..ehhh...dps....or healers

if you want a tab ability that goes BOOOOOOM! you chose the wrong class im afraid... or perhaps you need to rethink your approach to it....

its a long range taunt and threat modifier...it may not set off a hail of fireworks when you push it..but in so far as tank utility is concerned..it is great. (and will be even better when tanks are fixed and working as intended)

in wow.... my taunt doesn't crack the planet in half when i press it...but it does cause a rapturous wave of applause and thanks on team speak when my healer or a dps (well not so much a dps...they can all die in fire...get ressed and die in fire again) who was in the process of getting viciously anally invaded by a loose mob or boss who is too cheap to supply vaseline.... is suddenly returned from the brink of near certain death to the peak of vitality and can once again shake his/her gibbly bits in the face of the offending wannabe panty invader while i tank it O.o and you know what, thats fine with me....

im not there to look pretty ( although i do that anyway) im there to get hit in face repeatedly until things are no longer moving and their pockets have been thoroughly rifled!