Install Arc
Options

SHADOW - Roleplay Guild

Comments

• Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

My apologies the next version of the SHADOW - Campaign Guide is delayed. We're actually modifying the guild structure a little right now, and since this is a vital part of the next chapter, I won't be publishing an update to the PDF until next week.

On a personal note, one of our great guildies created this awesome portrait of Balar:
    BalarPortrait2.jpg

There's more great art coming! One of our members have commissioned three character portraits at DeviantArt, and I'll be commissioning more work soon myself.

We're also collaborating on ideas for the Foundry, as well as finishing up our character concepts and starting to publish our Wikipedia.

Lots more to come next week!

To check us out visit our website here:

http://nwshadow.enjin.com
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

A few quick updates:

1. We are nearing 50 members now! At that point we'll likely suspend recruiting for a bit! So if you want to get in our guild right at launch, my suggestion is to ACT NOW. As our spots in the guild are filling up fast.

2. We're in the process of finalizing our guild structure, including a really fun point system. Rather than a DKP or Raid system, we're rewarding RP, artwork, stories and Foundry work, as well as just posting on our forums, and hosting and attending RP events. We're working on prizes and other fun stuff to reward people who work hard to make the RP awesome, not just for us but the server as a whole.

Check out the concept here:

SHADOW - Guild Structure & Reward System

3. Some really fun art is getting produced now, here's a recent piece of Balar in "Chibi" style, I totally love it and had to share:
    BalarChibi.png

We have a great atmosphere now, friendly, encouraging and creative.

Come on board before we hit 50 members! Visit us here!

BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    chonkuschonkus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For anyone browsing this page, I implore you to check out the guild's website. It is clear that this guild is very committed to not only roleplaying but to participating in a community. The guild has some awesome videos and artwork created, and the game hasn't even been released yet. That's a sign that this guild is committed. So check out the site, and if you can see yourself having fun roleplaying and participating, send in an application! They're easy to fill out and you'll get a response in a couple days! I did, and I'm happy with my decision ;).

-Magnus
    a23jw1.jpg
    SHADOW
    - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
  • Options
    mystikonmystikon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good work, Balar, on detailing the guild divisions. I'm going to join the Oracle division. I must know what's in Shadow's Great Vault.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

- Jerikor
  • Options
    terracroneterracrone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Guild divisions are brilliant! Oracle is the perfect home for Oriah, the "Magic Obsessed Wizard". Having the ranks tied to the pre-release point system is a great idea too, allowing the people who are most involved to earn their positions. Another of the many well thought out offerings by Shadow, a Guild where everyone gets to be involved. Well done.
    ShadowSig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Two new forum RP thread's broke out tonight- Morning in the Moonstone Mask, and The Fallen Tower. Love this Guild, they're so interactive!
    ShadowSig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

When you see members talking about "joining Oracle" or some such, they are talking about the four divisions within SHADOW, each with its own theme and part to play within the guild.

Joining one of the factions, gives you exclusive access to your faction's own forum, where you can now decide where the faction meets, as well as other RP "canon" for the guild as a whole. You'll see more about this published soon, in our Campaign Guide which gets a big update soon!

In addition, we've now create a point system to reward RP, posting in forums, posting character backgrounds and creating art and stories. The more creative you are, the more you are rewarded.

There are prizes too! We'll be giving away card codes, to unlock ZEN at launch! So join up, contribute and you could win. Remember, you earn points through CREATIVITY. The more you write, join in on the fun, the more chance you'll win. This will expand even further when the game launches.

One caveat, we currently only have 5 spots left before we freeze recruitment for a while and let the guild settle. So if you want to get in before launch NOW is the time:

Visit us at: http://nwshadow.enjin.com
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    OracleLogo.jpg
    OracleMission.jpg

Oracle is our essentially our Arcane Division, but it is really open to any character that has a deep love of lore, or enjoys strange experiments, or has an attachment to history.

Oracle guards the "Great Vault" through which, SHADOW's deepest secrets are buried.

NexusLogo.jpg
    NexusMission.jpg

Nexus handles all of SHADOW's covert operations and other black ops.

Its members include spies, thieves, assassins and anyone up for doing some of the "dirty work" necessary to survive and thrive in Neverwinter.

For more info visit: http://nwshadow.enjin.com
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ScepterLogo.jpg
    ScepterMission.jpg

Scepter welcomes those interested in leadership, politics and the subtle art of diplomacy.

All communication to outside guilds goes through Scepter and all public events sponsored by SHADOW are managed through Scepter.

But there is a revolutionary side to Scepter as well.

SHADOW believes Lord Neverember is a crook and a liar and has forged alliances that will ultimately cause Neverwinter's destruction. For this reason, SHADOW give a lot to the poor and take them under their wing, protect them and feed them, sheltering them from the great pain and suffering Neverwinter seems to inflict and to which Lord Neverember seems indifferent.

Ready to upset the balance of power in Neverwinter? Ready to host banquests, feasts or theatrical exhibitions. Ready to be the Neverwinter equivalant of Robin Hood? Then Scepter is for you!
    SentinelLogo.jpg
    SentinelMission.jpg

Sentinel is our security wing.

It deals with protection and tactics, and is the command center whenever SHADOW goes to war (like it is now against some of the Drow Matriarchy and the Nashers).

It also dispenses vigilante justice, when Scepter sees wrong-doing in its banquets, or Nexus learns of a plot to harm the innocent, it is Sentinel who comes to the rescue.

Like solving problems with steel, sweat and blood? Sentinel is for you!

For more info visit: http://nwshadow.enjin.com
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    New art posted almost every day, different artists contributing. Shadow is curating quite the gallery! Shadow has some truly exceptional members.;)
    ShadowSig4.jpg
  • Options
    nazgulhaze9nazgulhaze9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is one of the best guilds ive been in and the game has not even launched yet!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

I just wanted to let everyone know we are now down to 3 slots left for SHADOW before we pause recruitment and take a guild-wide vote on whether to let more recruits in.

Our RP Point Tracker is now enabled and a big "congratulations" to our current #1 member on the leader board: Sarniel, who earned 16 points this week!

Our RP Point Tracker is a FUN (not competitive) way to track RP and other creative input (forum contribution, stories, art, open-RP) and reward it much like a raiding guild rewards attending large raids! We'll have all kinds of cool promotions and prizes for RP. The same winner cannot win twice in a row, so everyone gets a shot to win fun things.

We'll be announcing our first prize later this week, (just in time for the next Closed Beta Weekend on April 12-14)!

So if you are a role player and if you crave a unique and utterly welcoming, inclusive experience please give us a try. We are becoming like family now. Even our point system allows you to "gift" your points to others who don't have as much time, or have had a bad week and need a boost!

If you want friendship and roleplay and creative minds working together, SHADOW is waiting for you...

BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    Great guild folks. Strong RP guild. Lots of great people :)
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    sansin1303sansin1303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    Outstanding guild and wonderful, friendly members thus far! Cannot wait to explore Neverwinter with my new guild!

/huzzah!
  • Options
    vinnymakvinnymak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is an awesome group of people. They are very accepting and have an amazing guild concept planned out. In just the few days I have known them they have made me feel welcome like I have been around for ages.
    Belmaliel Seraph - Human Guardian Fighter (@Eldredd)
  • Options
    karrolanthkarrolanth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I made what you might call 'an expression of interest'.

Now I just need to find out if I like the game before I actually apply - if you guys still have room for me at that time. ;)
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    We still have some spots open. Come check us out :)
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    karrolanthkarrolanth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heh - well, thank you... been talking at length with your charming Chancellor and roaming around your website, but I haven't yet actually played the game. :) I'm hoping that I'll like it enough to come and join you!
  • Options
    sarnielsarniel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Shadow is a great guild full of awesome people! I haven't ever felt so at home in a guild! I encourage anyone looking for a place to check us out. :)
  • Options
    vinnymakvinnymak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    karrolanth wrote: »
    Heh - well, thank you... been talking at length with your charming Chancellor and roaming around your website, but I haven't yet actually played the game. :) I'm hoping that I'll like it enough to come and join you!

There is enough Open RP on the website that it is worth visiting without even playing. Some of the stories we have going on are pretty awesome. I would recommend applying for now and if you don't like the game you are more than welcome to leave and move on to something else. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    *Throws up hands in surrender*

Okay, I give in. Application sent.

I can't see any of your RP right now, so there's only one way to fix that...! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

SHADOW hit its 50th member today.

We are currently voting whether to expand to 75 through a guild wide vote. That vote has been going on all week and ends in 23 hours.

Until the vote is completed, we are suspending all recruitment. If the majority vote wants expansion, we'll open up recruitment again, until we hit 75 and then vote again.

SHADOW is a democracy! I am not here to dictate the terms of the guild, only to facilitate them.

More updates coming soon...thank you everyone for all your support!

For a little more eye candy, check out this fabulous character portrait one of our guild members made of one of our guild leaders, this is just one example of the kind of creativity and collaboration going on daily at our site!
    sentrick_of_shadow_by_witty_remark-d60hpuo.png

More information can be found at:

BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    SHADOW hit its 50th member today.

*sniffles* Why you hit me? What'd I do??

;)
  • Options
    typhoid242typhoid242 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    haha.... spot on!
  • Options
    mistysummermistysummer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2013
    **** I waited to long. :( *Hopes for an expansion*
    Showscreation.png

"Blindness is a private matter between a person and the eyes they choose to use. For there are none so blind as those that do not listen dalharil"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There may be spots opening up as people may drop off as Open Beta launches. Do not give up hope :)
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    rh97969 wrote: »
    There may be spots opening up as people may drop off as Open Beta launches. Do not give up hope :)

We do have requests "queued" up now. The vote on expansion ends in just 11 hours, so if the final outcome is that we are to expand, I'll approve those queued requests to join immediately.

I should also point out that our mumble server has become popular, to the point where I'll need to expand from 10 slots! It's become a great place to chat, talk about RP and D&D. I spent an hour there today, and got to hear Rivios (one of our members) tell some awesome stories of his D&D tabletop sessions.

I am really happy how everyone is coming together, feels like family. I want to do everything I can to ensure we never lose that!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

I wanted to let everyone know, we spent all of last week debating the size of the guild and took a guild-wide vote to see if we would remain at 50 members, or expand to 75.

Those results are now in and the overwhelming majority wanted to expand to 75 members.

So immediately after the vote ended, we approved two new memberships today and welcomed them into the family.

What that means though is if you want to join SHADOW on the ground floor (where we have a ton of exciting RP and plots at launch), you need to get in now!

Our spots will fill up fast and we will be suspending again at 75 and taking another vote on expansion.

We welcome all role players, young, old, brand new to the hobby or experienced for decades. We have a wide variety of backgrounds now, (both gaming backgrounds and cultural backgrounds). Our members are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and straight, different religious backgrounds, different age groups and we represent 12 different countries now, all over the world. (Yes, we have enough European members to run/manage RP events in European time zones).

So come join us, we'd love to have you. We are friendly, we are open-minded and we love to express our creativity through role play, art, stories and most all we just love to celebrate our love for Dungeons & Dragons!

We had to expand our mumble server today too, as it has become a popular place to hang out and talk about D&D, video games and other pop culture. All members are welcome to use our mumble server (like Vent only better), both in-game and out-of-game.

Thank you everyone who participated in the vote and voiced their opinion. We will have a new vote on guild direction tomorrow (not related to recruitment).

And to the new members, welcome, welcome!

For more information or to submit an application visit us here:

Click the words "Join Us" at the top menu to submit your application, it is fast and it is easy.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It has been great this week getting ready for this weekends test. So many of our members are developing unique RP plot lines and we have plenty of events planned.

Even if you aren't interested in joining the guild you should still come witness some of the events. Many of the RP events are focused within the guild but there will also be events that involve anybody who is interested. :)
  • Options
    sarnielsarniel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This weekend was a lot of fun for SHADOW!