test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Race u would choose for ur Rouge!?

13»

Comments

• rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    The Owlbear Rogue. You missed it.

That's right, thank you! Also the Tarrasque Rogue, those one some sly mothaf***ers.
    8.jpg
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Role play wise half orcs make great rogues. Hes the ghetto street tough who knows how too survive.
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Half ork or tiefling for me! And for RP reasons. I'm usually fond of odd/outcast characters (without joining the Drizzle fan club.)
  • rowgtraydazrowgtraydaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Halfling...everything else are too big.
    ;)
  • nimayianimayia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Elf, always! :D
    23.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    My first rogue will be 1/2 elf played as a 1/2 drow. When the regular drow arrives, I'll most likely make a new rogue that is 100% rogue or I'll just skip the 1/2 elf and wait the 90 days for a normal drow.
  • savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Rogue are supposed to be street smart stab-in-the-back bluffing type people.

Half-orc are shunned by population so they mostly live in wild, have more orientation towards shamanic things, and their vocabulary is (although better than an ogre) not that good. So they basically have half the brains (being half-human).

Also their fat fingers doesn't let them open locks, and they cut the cheese a lot. So they are not very finesse oriented, or silent. A rogue has to do assassination, thievery, bluff, back-stab - half-orc dont really fit that profile.

A half-orc will fit more of a country bumpkin, easy to rage, calling furies of nature - kind of profile.

THIS is why Half-Orcs make great rogues. What better way to blend into the background than being written off as a country bumpkin at first sight?
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • aerokasaerokas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Halfling. Because, "All Halflings are thieves." As the old table top D&D saying goes.
  • piratedrugallpiratedrugall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited April 2013
    Mine will be an Elf, I'm planning on playing a character from an old campaign that I really enjoyed.

All I know is that I'm staying as far from Drow as possible. I enjoy Salvatore and Drow as much as the next guy, but jeezles. Not jumping on that bandwagon. Even if I wanted to play for non-Drizzt related reasons, I figure most people will jump to that conclusion on the spot. I'm an RPer, and being accused of being a Drizzt clone is some drama I don't feel like touching. xP

Hopefully the community will be discerning enough to not give the Drow players too much grief. But tbh, I'm not counting on it.
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Definitely Halfling. My second choice would be a Half-Orc. Like someone said above Rogue fits pretty much all races in one way or another. For me it will come down to which one I think looks cooler.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • seraphimdoseraphimdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    I'm torn. Classically my rogue would be an Elf. However, the Tiefling has such great racials for a DPS class. Also, for those who haven't seen it yet "Theifling" probably going to be a thing for this game. Seems like everyone on this thread is planning Tiefling rogue.
  • mizzocolddaggersmizzocolddaggers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Drow all the way.

Halfling seems pretty cool as well! ^^
    Mizzo, the Cold Daggers - Trickster Rogue
  • coyotedeltacoyotedelta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    rkv13 wrote: »
    That's right, thank you! Also the Tarrasque Rogue, those one some sly mothaf***ers.

Now I wish I could see that. Big *** terrasque with the tiniest of daggers duct taped to their leg :<
  • franjean82franjean82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Gotta be a halfling. Always loved FR Hin.
    Rogue.jpg

Player of Wilcomb Goodale
  • daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xeccess1 wrote: »
    What race u prefer to choose for your rouge? and Why?!:)

Spelling error aside, I would have to go with Tiefling unfortunately, the racial is just too powerful. I would much rather be a halfling though. But 5% extra damage under 50% health is just a deal breaker.
  • seraphimdoseraphimdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    daethx wrote: »
    But 5% extra damage under 50% health is just a deal breaker.
    This. It kinda makes me sad that there are racials with such power as to sway the choice over what you'd just want to play. I'm in the same boat. I'd honestly prefer to roll an elf of sorts but straight up 5% damage for half of every fight is pretty great. Only slightly better than the bonuses inlaid from having 3 extra feats. Personally I think they should just down grade Tiefling and Human slightly and make the choice of races less weighty for it. I mean stats are already a joke, so no reason to pick based on that. The alternative for balance would be boosting other races, which is almost never better.

@daethx Halfling might still be a better choice provided you plan to PvP a lot. That bonus vs control could be huge. Orc stun bonus in WoW was ridiculous. Even if it was only 10%, when it happened it often just won them a fight against stun locking classes...rogues.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lizzard-man best rogue ! Our scaly skin gives us just an amazing foundation that you just cant buy in a bottle .