test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What race you will chose for your Wizard?

Comments

• Options
    deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    GNOME OR DIVA both good for casters
    COME WITH ME !
  • Options
    dougan025dougan025 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    torn between the extra points from human and the 5% extra damage >50% plus the power debuff from tiefling. i think tieflings look pertty stupid, though :/
  • Options
    losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited March 2013
    human all the way for the win
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Played Half Elf with bonus to charisma. Will re-roll him with bonus to wisdom for more controlish build.
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    im wondering how they will tweak the races in the future. do initial ability stats really affect the game that much vs equipment stats? and does the human's extra feat points give them more feat points by level 60 or is there a cap on feat points?

Yes, as a human you will have an extra 3 feat points in the heroic tier (23 instead of 20 post level 30 I believe).

Personally I'll be going with Human mostly because I just don't like the design of the Tieflings. The 3 extra feat points can be very helpful, since the CW has some really important heroic feats, like the extra 1% of max AC each time a control skill is cast, and some others that syncronize very well, like the 3% crit chance + 5% AC on crit (I think that's what it was).
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Elf is rocking the +1% crit.

And everyone knows, the ladies get HoT for the crit.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unlike the table top game, the miserable +2 stats matter little here. Play what you like the looks of.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would go gnome, but if none of those i guess human....
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    Elf is rocking the +1% crit.

And everyone knows, the ladies get HoT for the crit.

Females get Heal over Time for critting? OP nerf pliz.
  • Options
    togabitohelwartogabitohelwar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've read a lot that the actual stats don't matter THAT much, and I think if that's true... I might play as a Halfling Wizard. My most loved pen and paper character was actually that, and I see no reason no to do it here. I like my wizards small and hard to aim for :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shadow - A secret Neverwinter Cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
  • Options
    nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Should have made this a poll : ] anyway, I am going Dwarf Control Wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    franjean82franjean82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I would like to choose a perverted old human for a wizard.

Elminster, 'zat you?
    Rogue.jpg

Player of Wilcomb Goodale
  • Options
    jasper2687jasper2687 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited April 2013
    I like the Tiefling but may go Drow during open beta
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Tiefling for an INT/CHA damage build.
    Elf for a WIS/CHA mostly control build (Renegade or Oppressor not sure yet)

Tbh, really cause I love the look of those races, hehe.
    I'd have loved a drow wizard but if it's DEX/CHA... I have to go with rogue for that, INT/CHA tiefling just feels better for DPS to me.
  • Options
    losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited April 2013
    deahamlet wrote: »
    Tiefling for an INT/CHA damage build.
    Elf for a WIS/CHA mostly control build (Renegade or Oppressor not sure yet)

Tbh, really cause I love the look of those races, hehe.
    I'd have loved a drow wizard but if it's DEX/CHA... I have to go with rogue for that, INT/CHA tiefling just feels better for DPS to me.

human all the way. Extra feats beat a couple of stat increases since stats are so meaning less in this game
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Tiefling, They look cool and have nice stat bonuses, 5% dmg on 50% health foes ( probably one of the best racial ability ) and a debuff when you get hit wich seems to be mostly usefull for pvp situations..
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    im wondering how they will tweak the races in the future. do initial ability stats really affect the game that much vs equipment stats? and does the human's extra feat points give them more feat points by level 60 or is there a cap on feat points?[/QUO
    ability stats do very little but the humans extra feats and other bonuses will out preform other races.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    demonical3 wrote: »
    Tiefling, They look cool and have nice stat bonuses, 5% dmg on 50% health foes ( probably one of the best racial ability ) and a debuff when you get hit wich seems to be mostly usefull for pvp situations..
    i dont know i out damaged every tiefling that i grouped and as far as pvp if a melee class got close enough to hit me no debuff would be all that helpful i think. But thats how cryptic builds its games you play the race you want to because no race is better than the others. even the drow in founders pack is just mostly cosmetics. So play what makes you happy know you could pick an half orc and not be to hampered to play effectively
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    losbin68 wrote: »
    human all the way. Extra feats beat a couple of stat increases since stats are so meaning less in this game

But I don't like to play boring humans so I want to avoid them like the plague.
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 386 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Since the spec I wanted with my hero feats was two points from maxing all I wanted, human.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    my420kushmy420kush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Drow all the way. :D
    Where Evil Roams and Demons Play, That's where noble men have dared and lay silent among the ashes.
  • Options
    iconix23iconix23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probably Halfling since I had one through all the beta weekends, and he was awesome ;)
    Plus didn't see many others.
    Iconix
  • Options
    demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I generally prefer to play humans, with elves coming in second.

Just say NO to Drow.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    In CBW4 i played a Tiefling CW but I will save Tiefling for the Scourge Warlock whenever that gets released.
    So I will probably go Wood Elf or Menzo. Ren. for my CW.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ilithid /10char
  • Options
    zaynderazayndera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Today in Beta weekend they will finally give us possibility to play with Wizard, and I prefered to play elf under old rules but new Elf have +2 bonus in dexterity and wisdom and not in inteligence :( so other that can give me bonus to INT is Human or Tiefling ... im still thinking wich one probably human :P You ?

I believe that the Tielfling is superior stat wise because you get +2 int and +2 to charisma which is a secondary stat & gives you some percentage boosts. On top of that, you do 5% extra damage to mobs under 50% health! Feat wise, humans are superior!
    "Rock is overpowered, but paper is perfect!" -- Scissors
    Swordmage.jpg
    Gayme 0n - An LGBT-ally Gayming Community
  • Options
    mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Human, those 3% extra stats for my team. I don't have a choice here.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mokomii wrote: »
    Human, those 3% extra stats for my team. I don't have a choice here.

Something I posted in another thread

"Prestidigitation: You and allies gain 1/2/3% increased stat ratings. [...] wondering if it makes any kind of realistic difference? Say I have 1100 power base, which IIRC is 44 extra damage. This feat would only give an additional 33 power, for about another 1.32 damage. The real question is, would this buff, spread out over all of the stats, on everyone in squad, even make a visible difference? I mean, it's nice to give people that little buff icon just for being in squad with you, but is it really worth the 3 feat points?"
  • Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    mishakal1 wrote: »
    Human or Drow... although female Drow Wizard makes my lore-alarm go off... although this is 4e... so I'm pretty sure anything goes. ;)

There have been female drow wizards... they just aren't very common :)

That said, if I roll a CW, it's definitely going to be a femDrow.
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    I'm probably going to go Tiefling, I just love the look, and the stats and bonuses dont hurt either. Now if only their eyes were more "human" I would be 100% happy, they just look...off, maybe that's just me being used to Neeshka from NWN2.

There is a slight chance I'll end up going Elf, and leave Tiefling for when they release the scourge warlock.