test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What race you will chose for your Wizard?

13»

Comments

• Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I finalized my character list last night and I decided to go with Female Menzo. Renegade for CW.
    I went female mainly because I didn't like how the cloth armor looks on male characters.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    delushindelushin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I cant decide and it makes my sad
    "He who never fell, has never climbed"
    - Unknown
  • Options
    nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Gnome... sigh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    Something I posted in another thread

"Prestidigitation: You and allies gain 1/2/3% increased stat ratings. [...] wondering if it makes any kind of realistic difference? Say I have 1100 power base, which IIRC is 44 extra damage. This feat would only give an additional 33 power, for about another 1.32 damage. The real question is, would this buff, spread out over all of the stats, on everyone in squad, even make a visible difference? I mean, it's nice to give people that little buff icon just for being in squad with you, but is it really worth the 3 feat points?"
    That is 3% to all stats to all players. increases crit, armor pen, recovery,etc. I would agree 1 extra damage won't save me a swing, but it isn't just 1 extra damage it includes your teammates as well, so 5 extra damage then increase their amount of armor pen, crit, recovery,etc it'll increase those as well, along with the fact you are hitting more than once. 5 damage every swing. of course it'll be null and void if you have 2 control wizards about.
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mokomii wrote: »
    That is 3% to all stats to all players. increases crit, armor pen, recovery,etc. I would agree 1 extra damage won't save me a swing, but it isn't just 1 extra damage it includes your teammates as well, so 5 extra damage then increase their amount of armor pen, crit, recovery,etc it'll increase those as well, along with the fact you are hitting more than once. 5 damage every swing. of course it'll be null and void if you have 2 control wizards about.

That's true. I wasn't thinking about it over all the stats x 5 for some reason. Even so, it's not an incredible buff, but it has it's place I suppose.

/off-topic
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    nohbdy42 wrote: »
    Gnome... sigh...

Tough luck! Tieflings are in... now Gnomes are nothing but horrendous monsters meant to be exterminated! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqFPujRZWo
    ( sadly they changed this in PHB2.. )
  • Options
    elimin3elimin3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was thinking. House Cat.
    "It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously." Peter Ustinov
  • Options
    nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ha! That was fantastic. But really, wow gave gnomes such a bad name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hazard1nchazard1nc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Teifling FTW!! Just saying.. More races + many options + feats/stats/mods of D&D = many happy Neverwinter gamers to come. I am very happy to see a neverwinter mmo, as it should have been originally ;)
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After doing this test: http://www.dungeonmastering.com/gaming-life/whats-your-inner-dd-4th-edition-character

I ended with Unaligned Halfling Wizard, seems I have no choice.

But after doing this one: http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/5783/ I ended up as a Tiefling, ah fits much better.

So yeah Control Wizard Tiefling, extra crit stats fits my playstyle. :D
  • Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I went tiefling, and will again, although human is not a bad choice for the extra 3 feat points.
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
  • Options
    reallyevilpigeonreallyevilpigeon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really want to make an elf feasible. Still thinking I might go with it, but I know I will max the character and they will introduce eladrin and my heart will sink. Kinda wish they would tell us what there plans were so we could plan for rp purposes. As much as I love roleplaying, it's not herioc to suck all the time.
  • Options
    delushindelushin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How much does it really matter is the question I am currently battling.

Remember back when the Dawrf Healer was the only way to go in WoW for ages then they eventually pushed it out.

If you play long enough the differences here and there over the long run equal out, if you are playing short then yes choose what is best. If your in for the long run I dont think it will really matter?

I could just be drunk as well ...
    "He who never fell, has never climbed"
    - Unknown
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Drunk, ornery, and stubborn... Think Ill go dwarf due to voice chat. Nothing like being a stubby lil ***!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    aliramaliram Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I'll roll half-elf, for aesthetic reasons, despite their crappy racial bonuses.
  • Options
    projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    x0y1 wrote: »
    After doing this test: http://www.dungeonmastering.com/gaming-life/whats-your-inner-dd-4th-edition-character

I ended with Unaligned Halfling Wizard, seems I have no choice.

But after doing this one: http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/5783/ I ended up as a Tiefling, ah fits much better.

So yeah Control Wizard Tiefling, extra crit stats fits my playstyle. :D

Got Lawful Good Human Wizard on the first and Eladrin for the race on the second one... Of course this means Tiefling and nuking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of everything...
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • Options
    teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    projx wrote: »
    Got Lawful Good Human Wizard on the first and Eladrin for the race on the second one... Of course this means Tiefling and nuking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of everything...

I got Unaligned Elf Warlock on the first, and Elf on the second...go figure. Obviously, I'll be rolling a Drow Renegade Wizard first though. :p