test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What will you buy in the item shop?

selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I will probably get the active companion slots and a "better" companion.

Does anyone have any pictures of the storebought companions?

I dont know anything about crafting, will we be able to craft bags?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    Definitely costume outfits, probably shared bank space, maybe a mount, probably a companion.

Mostly interested in costumes and fashion stuff, alternate idle stances, that kinda stuff.
  • Options
    silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited April 2013
    I kind of want the cleric of kelemvor, depends of if the heals are fixed.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    An Ioun Stone of Allure for all my Wizards!

((Character slots too, indeed.))
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Character slots, bags, bank storage, shared storage when they add it, dyes, maybe a snazzy mount or companion to fit a character concept. I have a few thousand ZEN sitting in my wallet waiting for the 30th.
  • Options
    ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dyes, fashion items, more dyes, and still more dyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Character slots and more character slots... I am an altaholic with ADHD. :rolleyes:
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    Dyes. Bank slots, probably all of them. Bags. Probably Foundry slots, if my initial offerings are well-received. Possibly companions.

And, eventually, I will probably buy Astral Diamonds. I grind 50-60 hour weeks at work; I'd rather not spend the rest of the week in play that maximizes AD return. I'll spend it in play that I enjoy, and if that doesn't produce enough AD, I'll supplement it with the money I ground at work.
  • Options
    pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Character slots, companions (bear, kobold), mounts (bear), companion slots and just about anything else I can sneak past my wife :P
  • Options
    voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unlike most cash shops, probably not much based on the cost of some of the items. I charged some zen the last beta weekend and purchased the one and only costume piece and some grey die. I couldnt preview the costume prior to purchasing (one reason I wont be purchasing in the future) and after wearing it, the costume just didnt look that great. I realized going into this that I would be refunded my zen, which is the only reason I made the purchase. Was to try it on basically.

I spent around $20 for some dark grey dye and a costume piece that I wasnt crazy about and normally i wouldnt spend that much on a costume I actually liked. Without any way to see what the item looks like prior to my purchase, I definitely wont be buying anything cosmetic in the future.

so, what will I buy? I honestly dont know. The prices are a bit high, probably very little if anything.
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ill definatley buy the healer companion (hope its fixed), bag space and possibly some extra slots too. Maybe dyes at max level. Oh and that potion that allows you 85% extra damage and 85% reduced damage for 3 hours.....Jokes.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mounts,Pets and Companions !
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    companions mainly, maybe an epic mount or two, also hope they bring out some good costumes post launch:)
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    Fashion. Lots of fashion. Until my wardrobe can't take it anymore.
    And well, the useful stuff: bank slots, probably companions if there are any useful ones for Clerics; probably a mount.
    No character slots for me.
  • Options
    voqarvoqar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Doubtful.

I pay for my games. I have no problems throwing money at a company when they produce a good game (as with GW2 where I bought plenty of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the store on top of the box price and undoubtably paid more than I would've if it had been a 15/mo sub-based game - problem is, GW2 is a game for soloists and I'm more of what I consider a REAL MMORPG player - I play to group - it's something unique to MMORPGs - I have plenty of other games to play solo). I've bought stuff from TSW's store after it went B2P. TSW is one of the best MMORPGs I've ever played. It has amazing content, excellent characters system and combat, the best instances ever, etc. It's buggy, funcom generally sucks, and unfortunately the game released up against the much hyped (and ultimately vastly overrated GW2) so it never took off like it could've and now content is coming out so slowly it'll never retain players for squat. It's sad since the quality of content and gameplay is ridiculously high. I think another reason TSW doesn't do as well is because it's marginally challenging and players these days seem to be generally gutless and worthless and want to be coddled or worse, want mommy to buy their way thru the game instead of playing games and facing challenges.

Anyways - when games are good and you can play them for any length of time, I'll throw money at them, for sure.

Three big MMORPGs came out last year. Tera and TSW never really caught fire. GW2 did catch fire thru tons of hype, lies by their devs (they haven't stuck remotely close to their manifesto), and sadly, and ultimately, because it's a game that appeals more to soloists which is NOT what MMORPGs are truly about, but it makes GW2 a successful game due to the number of people who want to solo and share chat channels. Neverwinter is not even 50% as good as either of those three games. Not even close. Just saying. Be objective. Compare all elements of each game.

I've never found a F2P MMORPG that offers anywhere near the same level of quality and fun as either B2P or sub-based MMORPGs (unless they were ones that converted to B2P/F2P and were good before that). I've never spent any money on a F2P game I've tried, because the communities suck, there's too much P2W, and inevitably, any MMORPG designed as F2P ends up being shallow, simplistic, and quickly boring. No reason to pay in a game where you only last days/weeks.

Doubt I'll even play this game, which sucks since it looked like it had a lot of potential earlier on. Beta didn't impress me much and didn't meet my expectations. This game feels nothing like D&D and feels simplistic in a way that makes Blizzard jealous (in their quest to dumb down WoW to an infantile state).

For one, I'm a long time D&D fan and this game has next to nothing to do with D&D. It has the name of a D&D campaign involved and some other D&D words involved, and that's about where it ends. D&D isn't about PvP, or soloing, or stripped down real time combat that has nothing to do with how D&D combat flows (spamming an autoattack...for ex). This game is D&D in name only, really. There was a time when WoTC cared a lot about the quality of anything that was branded D&D but that time seems to have passed since today's corporate climate is all about money only.

This game doesn't feel much like D&D. This game feels more like a reskinning of Raiderz.

For two. Their F2P is P2W. Prices are stupid high. I have grown to despise F2P. I don't know of one F2P game that's of the same quality level of a more mainstream game. I don't know of one F2P game that is as FUN as a mainstream game. I've never seen a F2P with a sizeable community have a GOOD community because people who aren't financially vested in a game exhibit the worst behaviors on the internet (which is saying something since MMORPG communities tend to be garbage in general these days). It's not fun to get nickel and dimed, or have cash barriers, or to have to be reminded of money ever while playing. Sub-based games may have a sub that is never really worth it but at least you don't have to think about the cash side of the game ever while playing and the real bonus is that the whole game is there for everybody - no extra fees - everybody has the same potential to do anything, earn anything, become anything - it's all about what you want to accomplish, not how much you're willing to pay.

I think there's a certain population that likes F2P games. Like, people who think the world owes them everything and who don't want to pay for entertainment. Or people who think it's ok to buy your way thru games instead of earn your way. In a B2P or sub-based model you pay, for sure, but it's more like you pay for the right to play the entire game, do anything you want, and earn anything you wanna try to earn. F2P is much more about being restricted unless you pay and having the opportunity to shortcut earning things thru buying them for cash. Want a cool mount? Why quest for it when you can buy it from the store? Want some cool looking clothes? Sorry, you can't earn those at all - cash only please. And so on. Out of inventory or bank space or identify scrolls. Nothing a little cash can't solve. I don't like this. I like to be immersed in games and to just play. I don't want to run into situations where I'm being prompted by or limited by cash barriers regularly.

Not to mention that people are throwing down 60-200 in advance (pay to win in advance - taking buying your way thru games to all new levels!) for a stripped down simplistic game and 200 is more than a year worth of sub for a game that'll be boring in a few months. I remember one of the designers saying "our game will be totally free" - which was just a silly thing to say since that's only somewhat true. Sure, you could play it for free, just like with most F2P, but you'll be a 3rd class citizen and severely crippled, just like in most F2P. Obviously the game isn't being created as charity and they intend to design it to make money.

For three, and this will be the biggest factor. The game is simplistic and repetitive and won't be fun for long. The classes are simplistic, the gear and character generation are simplistic, skill choices are very limited, even the supposed character customization at creation is simplistic (all those options and you STILL look very generic, partially due to simplistic graphics) and so on. There's zero exploration - just a city hub. The canned content is completely linear and STILL has a guiding shiny light to show you where to go (because moving in a straight line is tough stuff...). Foundry could yield endless content but the textures are simplistic and quickly repetitive and I'd guess that no matter how creative players might be with content it's still going to be simplistic (kinda has to be to be doable by decent numbers of players) and repetitive.

I expect this game will have a decent reception and decent sized wave of players initially and within 3 months it'll be a non-topic - as in, nobody will know it exists except the fans of F2P that like to look at lists of free games almost nobody plays over at MMORPG.com.

You're going to max out your character in 1-4 weeks. Even more ridiculously, people will be maxed out quickly in BETA before the game is officially released. It's possible people will max out, get bored, and be done, all before the game is even live. The content is very repetitive. Alting will be less than stellar due to linear content and zero variation (every character does the exact same content). Other than buying shiny things for your character from the store as they create it, what exactly is going to make this game be interesting for any amount of time?
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    voqar wrote: »
    D&D isn't about PvP, or soloing, or stripped down real time combat that has nothing to do with how D&D combat flows (spamming an autoattack...for ex).

The fact that your example is something that's not IN this game, at all, makes me think that you've never played it. However, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and instead respond to everything outside the parentheses.

You're right; D&D isn't about those things. It's about creating your own content and enjoying it with a group of your friends, which is something that you will never be able to do with TERA or TSW. (Disclaimer; I'm a lifetime sub to TSW, and beta tested it. Don't regret that expense a bit.)

What D&D has NEVER been about was one specific ruleset or even style of play. Every edition that has come out has been very different than the one before, and been quite explicit about how the rules aren't the point. As Gary Gygax himself said in the first book of the 1977 "basic set", which while not the first version of the game was the first time it had widespread sales and was what launched the hobby:
    the game is completely openended, is subject to modification, expansion, and interpretation according to the desires of the group participating, and is in general not bounded by the conventional limitations of other types of games.

This game will never run out of content because unlike every other MMORPG that has included UGC, it wasn't built to be a company themepark and have UGC bolted on; this game was built for UGC, and a company themepark bolted on very much like the published modules that make up a tiny minority of the D&D content being played across the world on a daily basis.

There's a reason so many of the people posting on these forums have never played another MMORPG, despite playing D&D for years or decades; because THIS is the first time an MMORPG has been designed to recreate the most important thing about D&D as the core of its gameplay.

You'll max out your character, but you won't CARE, because that's not the point; you'll be back because you get to share the stories of the thousands of incredibly talented and experienced Dungeon Masters out there who will be sharing them with you, and you get to do that with your friends. And because it's Free 2 Play, they don't have to be only those friends of a certain socioeconomic class; it can be ALL your friends. For decades, tabletop groups have been largely made up of a couple of people with the books (usually the ones who are doing the DMing) and a bunch of people with few or no books. It'll be the same here; the DMs will be the folks who are committed and spending money, and they'll play with their many friends who spend little or nothing.

But unlike with your tabletop group, when your DM or the guy who always plays the Cleric or that guy who always cracks everybody up with his awesome jokes moves off to college/the army/a new job overseas, you won't have to stop playing with him; you'll just keep on delving with him by your side.

That is why I am excited about this game. This isn't like other games. Free 2 Play isn't a limitation or a response to flagging subs here; it's part of the POINT. I've always been the guy who bought the books and shared the necessary information with the rest of the group. I don't mind being that here, either. I view the $230 I have spent so far as being a lot like buying the PH, DMG, MM, a GM's screen, and a bunch of dice. And the great part is, I don't have to spend more if I don't want to, and I still get the new classes, and the new Foundry assets, and all the amazing stories that other people are going to write. And you know what? I WILL be spending more money, because this is worth it.
  • Options
    stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    Costume and Outfits!!!
  • Options
    tikorumbleguttikorumblegut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    @syberghost

Thank you, you perfectly stated what the game is, and what it is not. I could not have stated it better myself. Once again, Thank you!

Tiko
  • Options
    philbe63philbe63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Doubtful.

I pay for my games. I have no problems throwing money at a company when they produce a good game (as with GW2 where I bought plenty of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the store on top of the box price and undoubtably paid more than I would've if it had been a 15/mo sub-based game - problem is, GW2 is a game for soloists and I'm more of what I consider a REAL MMORPG player - I play to group - it's something unique to MMORPGs - I have plenty of other games to play solo). I've bought stuff from TSW's store after it went B2P. TSW is one of the best MMORPGs I've ever played. It has amazing content, excellent characters system and combat, the best instances ever, etc. It's buggy, funcom generally sucks, and unfortunately the game released up against the much hyped (and ultimately vastly overrated GW2) so it never took off like it could've and now content is coming out so slowly it'll never retain players for squat. It's sad since the quality of content and gameplay is ridiculously high. I think another reason TSW doesn't do as well is because it's marginally challenging and players these days seem to be generally gutless and worthless and want to be coddled or worse, want mommy to buy their way thru the game instead of playing games and facing challenges.

Anyways - when games are good and you can play them for any length of time, I'll throw money at them, for sure.

Three big MMORPGs came out last year. Tera and TSW never really caught fire. GW2 did catch fire thru tons of hype, lies by their devs (they haven't stuck remotely close to their manifesto), and sadly, and ultimately, because it's a game that appeals more to soloists which is NOT what MMORPGs are truly about, but it makes GW2 a successful game due to the number of people who want to solo and share chat channels. Neverwinter is not even 50% as good as either of those three games. Not even close. Just saying. Be objective. Compare all elements of each game.

I've never found a F2P MMORPG that offers anywhere near the same level of quality and fun as either B2P or sub-based MMORPGs (unless they were ones that converted to B2P/F2P and were good before that). I've never spent any money on a F2P game I've tried, because the communities suck, there's too much P2W, and inevitably, any MMORPG designed as F2P ends up being shallow, simplistic, and quickly boring. No reason to pay in a game where you only last days/weeks.

Doubt I'll even play this game, which sucks since it looked like it had a lot of potential earlier on. Beta didn't impress me much and didn't meet my expectations. This game feels nothing like D&D and feels simplistic in a way that makes Blizzard jealous (in their quest to dumb down WoW to an infantile state).

For one, I'm a long time D&D fan and this game has next to nothing to do with D&D. It has the name of a D&D campaign involved and some other D&D words involved, and that's about where it ends. D&D isn't about PvP, or soloing, or stripped down real time combat that has nothing to do with how D&D combat flows (spamming an autoattack...for ex). This game is D&D in name only, really. There was a time when WoTC cared a lot about the quality of anything that was branded D&D but that time seems to have passed since today's corporate climate is all about money only.

This game doesn't feel much like D&D. This game feels more like a reskinning of Raiderz.

For two. Their F2P is P2W. Prices are stupid high. I have grown to despise F2P. I don't know of one F2P game that's of the same quality level of a more mainstream game. I don't know of one F2P game that is as FUN as a mainstream game. I've never seen a F2P with a sizeable community have a GOOD community because people who aren't financially vested in a game exhibit the worst behaviors on the internet (which is saying something since MMORPG communities tend to be garbage in general these days). It's not fun to get nickel and dimed, or have cash barriers, or to have to be reminded of money ever while playing. Sub-based games may have a sub that is never really worth it but at least you don't have to think about the cash side of the game ever while playing and the real bonus is that the whole game is there for everybody - no extra fees - everybody has the same potential to do anything, earn anything, become anything - it's all about what you want to accomplish, not how much you're willing to pay.

I think there's a certain population that likes F2P games. Like, people who think the world owes them everything and who don't want to pay for entertainment. Or people who think it's ok to buy your way thru games instead of earn your way. In a B2P or sub-based model you pay, for sure, but it's more like you pay for the right to play the entire game, do anything you want, and earn anything you wanna try to earn. F2P is much more about being restricted unless you pay and having the opportunity to shortcut earning things thru buying them for cash. Want a cool mount? Why quest for it when you can buy it from the store? Want some cool looking clothes? Sorry, you can't earn those at all - cash only please. And so on. Out of inventory or bank space or identify scrolls. Nothing a little cash can't solve. I don't like this. I like to be immersed in games and to just play. I don't want to run into situations where I'm being prompted by or limited by cash barriers regularly.

Not to mention that people are throwing down 60-200 in advance (pay to win in advance - taking buying your way thru games to all new levels!) for a stripped down simplistic game and 200 is more than a year worth of sub for a game that'll be boring in a few months. I remember one of the designers saying "our game will be totally free" - which was just a silly thing to say since that's only somewhat true. Sure, you could play it for free, just like with most F2P, but you'll be a 3rd class citizen and severely crippled, just like in most F2P. Obviously the game isn't being created as charity and they intend to design it to make money.

For three, and this will be the biggest factor. The game is simplistic and repetitive and won't be fun for long. The classes are simplistic, the gear and character generation are simplistic, skill choices are very limited, even the supposed character customization at creation is simplistic (all those options and you STILL look very generic, partially due to simplistic graphics) and so on. There's zero exploration - just a city hub. The canned content is completely linear and STILL has a guiding shiny light to show you where to go (because moving in a straight line is tough stuff...). Foundry could yield endless content but the textures are simplistic and quickly repetitive and I'd guess that no matter how creative players might be with content it's still going to be simplistic (kinda has to be to be doable by decent numbers of players) and repetitive.

I expect this game will have a decent reception and decent sized wave of players initially and within 3 months it'll be a non-topic - as in, nobody will know it exists except the fans of F2P that like to look at lists of free games almost nobody plays over at MMORPG.com.

You're going to max out your character in 1-4 weeks. Even more ridiculously, people will be maxed out quickly in BETA before the game is officially released. It's possible people will max out, get bored, and be done, all before the game is even live. The content is very repetitive. Alting will be less than stellar due to linear content and zero variation (every character does the exact same content). Other than buying shiny things for your character from the store as they create it, what exactly is going to make this game be interesting for any amount of time?

Thank god we have 'free' speech because, dude if you had to pay by the word...You'd be broke.
  • Options
    philbe63philbe63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh, and I'll be buying dyes so I can customize my outfits :)
  • Options
    iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Costumes, Dyes, Companions...anything that sparkles....

Already getting the Guardian Horse and the Hero Spider so I doubt I will purchase Mounts. No character slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited April 2013
    Yea, im no fan of alts. Rather maximize one, both in gear and skill
  • Options
    faileanfailean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Foundry could yield endless content but the textures are simplistic and quickly repetitive and I'd guess that no matter how creative players might be with content it's still going to be simplistic (kinda has to be to be doable by decent numbers of players) and repetitive.

If you wanted to post things like this create your own post. This just tells me that you have 2 days of beta and you think you get all of its players and game down. I will be glad you will not be playing so i wont have to mute you in gen chat. D&D has all ways and forever will be player imagination and creativity in making your own world come to life. The foundry has that in spades. So go play some TSW if it was so great why are you looking here. Just a thought.

Now for my answer to the question that was posted. Bags, bank slots, companions, mounts.
  • Options
    vampuricknightvampuricknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    Doubtful.

dude ain't nobody got time for that.

I'll probably get a companion/mount if the prices go down... if they don't may not get very much at all 30 bucks for an item/unit in any game isn't worth it. thats the cost of a whole nother game. my worry is that they may price themselves out of buisness in the long run since theirs nothing micro about their transactions from what i've seen.
  • Options
    oddvardoddvard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First off, kudos to Syberghost for what I sincerely hope turns out to be a true reflection of how Neverwinter will grow.
    It's been far too long since my D&D days on tabletop, or even playing Neverwinter/Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale and I'm really looking forward to seeing not just what the 'actual' game gives us, but also what the Foundry-users create.
    I have a lot of confidence that there is many many hours of great game-play ahead.
    I do appreciate the concerns a lot of people have concerning the whole P2W situation, and really really hope game play in-game isn't ruined by constant reminders of the cash-shop facilities - it's a main reason I stopped playing LoTRO.
    Saying that, I accept the developers have to make their money somehow, and just hope the commercial realities can be kept in check and the game allowed to breathe.

Now, on-topic. I've not yet had a chance to get into Beta or anything to see what's actually available to buy. I know I came across a great list somewhere but I can't find it now.
    From reading through posts here, I'll most likely be buying inventory/bank slots, maybe some dyes.
    Costumes I don't know, not until I see what's available - a post above says there's no way to preview a costume in-game before buying so hopefully someone will put up some decent realistic screenshots of how they look.
    Mounts, probably not, I have the PCGamer white horse.
    Companions I'd like a bit more information on what they all do - I'll have a Guardian pack Direwolf, but the Stone Golem or Cantankerous Mage look like fun.
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will not buy anything. I bought guardian pack and 2k zens.
    First of all i want check if i dont waste my money.
    IF game will have future in my opinion, i will buy needed items. I dont care about cosmetics so only must-have ones (bags, enchant upgrades, maybe purple enchants.).
    I will not waste my money on lockbock keys, its plain stupid (i have played BOI and WOI and seen what stupidity is this).

BTW - im from EU so all (crazy) prices are 30% higher for me than any US folk.
    Pure Rip-off.
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First off I will max my inventory and bank space, after that probably cosmetic stuff, mounts, companions and maybe a few keypacks, I won't be using IRL money for the keypacks though, it will only be bought with ingame farmed AD to ZEN conversion.
  • Options
    tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just find it odd that Cryptic is essentially doubling down on Champion Online's style of play; given the game never really seemed to garner much critical or mainstream success. It's as if they are only acknowledging the lack of content that plagued CO's initial release as the only actual reason that it failed to become a big success. I think it shows either a lack of perception as to what makes MMORPG's a big deal for some people; or rather amazing perception of their own place in the MMORPG niche and no real desire to try and expand beyond that. It will ultimately prove to be a wise decision to try and relieve that fault by just releasing the content tools to the players and saying "Here you go!", but I am worried, given how CO currently works, that this game will simply be dominated by player generated content while Cryptic enjoys nickeling and diming their players to death in the process. I fear they will be long in releasing new classes, outfits, mounts and companions but short in delivering new premium adventure content which I believe would be essential to providing the foundry with new tools and environments to keep the player generated material fresh and interesting. As I sit in Champions Online and look at 50 chests in my inventory that all cost a buck to open and only rarely contains anything beneficial; I end up worrying about what kind of philosophy this game company is being driven by.
  • Options
    nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't worry that much man. Sounds like PW's usual tricks, except they were always the developers too. With Cryptic keeping their entire staff for NWO, it means lots of work towards fleshing out the game. Also means that it won't be just fashions, pets, mounts and zero bug fixes which is PW's MO.

CO and NWO do not have the same devs, so I wouldn't lump up every team by the company they work for. I know the buis, and some people are content to just scrape by, and others are always pushing the limits.

Do I think they are pricing themselves out of some demographics, yes. Do I think the publisher sets them, and not the dev team, yes.

I always hate the gambling boxes in F2P games. It preys on some people's addiction, and usually the odds are just horrendous too lol. Suppose that if you get bars as a consolation prize, you are still working towards a nice reward from that NPC though.

Getting an Ioun Stone, few thousand Zen, and my main account has Guardian.

Half of the success is riding on an amazing community, and the hopes that our devs can deliver great experiences with their updates.
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    First off I will max my inventory and bank space, after that probably cosmetic stuff, mounts, companions and maybe a few keypacks, I won't be using IRL money for the keypacks though, it will only be bought with ingame farmed AD to ZEN conversion.

Prepaid cards only avilable in US/Canada. I searched and cant find any way to buy them without tax.
    I'v changed my ip to USA, but still my account is recognised as Europe.

... and i dont like it
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    volcxxx wrote: »
    Prepaid cards only avilable in US/Canada. I searched and cant find any way to buy them without tax.
    I'v changed my ip to USA, but still my account is recognised as Europe.

... and i dont like it

How dare they detect felony tax evasion in progress and refuse to facilitate it. What's this world coming to?