test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unselectable New Class Icon in BWE3

mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Anyone else have a guess as to the unselectable class icon during BWE3? The icon had all sorts of weapons on it, so probably some sort of melee class.
Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mokah on

Comments

• Options
    killwalllakillwallla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Probably generic, but Archery Ranger and Scourge Warlock have been datamined...

Scourge_Daily_AccursedSouls
    Scourge_Daily_Broodofhadar
    Scourge_Daily_Infectiouscurse
    Scourge_Daily_Phelgethos
    Scourge_Daily_Tyranicalcurse
    Scourge_Enc_Dreadtheft
    Scourge_Enc_Fireybolt
    Scourge_Enc_Killingflame
    Scourge_Enc_Vampembrace
    Scourge_Atwill_Eldritchblast
    Scourge_Shift_Shadowslip
    Scourge_Curse
  • Options
    ask99ask99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    killwallla wrote: »

Scourge_Daily_Phelgethos
    Scourge_Enc_Dreadtheft
    Scourge_Enc_Fireybolt
    Scourge_Enc_Killingflame
    Scourge_Enc_Vampembrace
    Scourge_Shift_Shadowslip
    Scourge_Curse

Ya, i'd guess some sort of archer. You can't have a fantasy setting in a game w/o a dude with a bow.
  • Options
    onetruesockonetruesock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited March 2013
    It's a generic symbol. It has the Neverwinter "N" in the center. That, along with a massive array of weapons, it is just implying that more than one class is on its way, not any class in specific.
  • Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, unfortunately I don't think the seal is giving any specific information. I think they put that in there so that people would know that there are more classes coming.
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013

Scourge_Daily_Phelgethos
    Scourge_Enc_Dreadtheft
    Scourge_Enc_Fireybolt
    Scourge_Enc_Killingflame
    Scourge_Enc_Vampembrace
    Scourge_Shift_Shadowslip
    Scourge_Curse
    This is Warlock data... are you sure that an Archer was datamined as well?
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    memorythoughtmemorythought Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've seen enemies using animation sets for archers and dual-wield fighters. So it could be either of those, I've also heard Paladins have been data mined.

I'm really just looking forward to all the ones they choose to release and wondering how many character slots and classes I'll be able to buy to fill up a nice roster.
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Found this thread which datamined the Warlock and Archer classes as well as the Drow, Drow renegade, and Dragonborn races.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    This is Warlock data... are you sure that an Archer was datamined as well?

Some time ago a screenshot was posted with a character holding a bow. A dev (h2orraty) confirmed that it was an Archer Ranger, albeit a companion, but that the player class was "in the works." That was before BW1 (back when you could count the forumites on your fingers and toes) - so it's safe to assume they've been working on it at least here and there since then.

I'm hoping the next to come is the Warlock, personally. But I think more people are probably looking forward to the Ranger.
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm hoping for the Warlock as well. It looks insanely fun... and a little dark. I might have to actually roll one of those, if only because of how delicious it would be to unleash the wrath of unholy power. Perhaps they'll even let me prestige into a Hexblade or something... one can only hope, I want to be something of a Death Knight.
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't know 4e Warlocks but all those cloth items I looted with class section blank made me think there will be some sort of caster coming out next.
  • Options
    ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    sidreus wrote: »
    I don't know 4e Warlocks but all those cloth items I looted with class section blank made me think there will be some sort of caster coming out next.

That was my conclusion also. It was a little irksome though, I was playing a clothie so I wanted to wear those items!
  • Options
    silverdovesilverdove Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If your referring to the sixth class on the list it was the "Coming soon" class.
  • Options
    zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    silverdove wrote: »
    If your referring to the sixth class on the list it was the "Coming soon" class.
    Yep, and they really rocks ! :)
    "Coming soon" and kick you back to your mama's womb !
    Or "Coming soon" and snore hard just after !
    ... sorry. :)
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Some time ago a screenshot was posted with a character holding a bow. A dev (h2orraty) confirmed that it was an Archer Ranger, albeit a companion, but that the player class was "in the works." That was before BW1 (back when you could count the forumites on your fingers and toes) - so it's safe to assume they've been working on it at least here and there since then.

I'm hoping the next to come is the Warlock, personally. But I think more people are probably looking forward to the Ranger.

And yet Truth has already commented that the first ranger appearance will be a melee ranger.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    And yet Truth has already commented that the first ranger appearance will be a melee ranger.

You also know that Archer Ranger files have been datamined from the core files, right?

I haven't seen anything that suggests a melee ranger is being worked on, nor have I seen this comment you speak of.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its pretty easy to tell since you fight NPC warlocks and archers... and I saw maces/staves/implements named after deities.

Saw warlock spells, and what I assume are the other 2 cleric paragon powers (at-will/enc/daily) but I honestly don't remember seeing archer powers.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    The next planned class to be released is the melee ranger according to dev posts, though of cause there's more than just melee ranger in the works and well anything being worked on could be release first.
  • Options
    kurtixwarlordkurtixwarlord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On BWE3 i found plenty of cloth items without class, nobody can use them (as sidreus and ladyshaie1 have pointed). I bet for the Warlock.
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I believe the only real choice for the 6th class is the ranger. warlock soon after tho yes. and I very much hope they cost at least 20+ dollars each to open. ( id be happy with 40 each). to weed out the jobless ( inspiring them to go be better at life) and the children.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    ladyshaie1 wrote: »
    That was my conclusion also. It was a little irksome though, I was playing a clothie so I wanted to wear those items!

IKR? Seemed like I was getting more of those than stuff for my CW:D.
  • Options
    riderpride81riderpride81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm looking forward to playing the Archer Ranger, personally. While I love MDPS, I've always had a secret love and affinity for RDPS. I'm also curious to see how well the class can mix both ranged attacks as well as Divine spells (albeit limited from what I could tell in 4E rules)
  • Options
    llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Archer will be the bane of every other class, since they will sit on the sidelines and wreak DPS havok. I'm sure they're still weedin out the OP parts of the class. I remember reading somewhere that the ranger was gong to be a 2-sword wielding class, but that may have just been a pipe dream in someone's post. So many 'request' and 'improvement suggestion' threads I tend to forget what is 'official'
    "A True Friend Stabs You in the Front."
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at what the Great Weapon Fighter can do, he's so OP!"
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • Options
    abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Edit: Removed.
  • Options
    natural20snatural20s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    llelowyn13 wrote: »
    Archer will be the bane of every other class, since they will sit on the sidelines and wreak DPS havok. I'm sure they're still weedin out the OP parts of the class. I remember reading somewhere that the ranger was gong to be a 2-sword wielding class, but that may have just been a pipe dream in someone's post. So many 'request' and 'improvement suggestion' threads I tend to forget what is 'official'

A great many people think "Ranger" and "Two-Handed Fighting" since the perk was a prominent feature of the build.
    mkemtf.jpg
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    natural20s wrote: »
    A great many people think "Ranger" and "Two-Handed Fighting" since the perk was a prominent feature of the build.

Even in 3.x Rangers had to choose between going the archery route, or the traditional two weapon style route. You're entire build revolved around that initial decision. The ranger retained proficiency with the other styles weapons, so they could use both, but mechanics wise it was bad move because your main style would be hampered pretty badly.

Even if you went archery style, in the 3.x systems you could make a better archer easier by rolling a dex fighter.

To the topic at hand, I'm still hoping for ranged based classes to be more controller/dot oriented rather than strikers. Most games mix up the control type abilities with the damage dealing abilities as it is, with melee still doing more damage (the whole risk vs reward thing). Range dps vs melee dps would then become a point of contention and balance would go back and forth for everyone. However now, if they're focused as a controller, then their abilities can be clearly purposed and it doesn't harm the mdps classes. Controllers still do good damage.
  • Options
    tallin4tallin4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am really looking forward to seeing what the Drow Renegade is all about. I really want to have a duel wielding class that can wield a sword and dagger. From what I have seen the thief can only wield small weapon types.
  • Options
    galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bring on the archer! Nerf it buff it I don't care. And some nice cold arrows. Love turning mobs into ice cubes. Fear not fans of the pointy stick, there is room for coexistence.
  • Options
    kellax3kellax3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Scourge_Daily_Phelgethos
    Scourge_Enc_Dreadtheft
    Scourge_Enc_Fireybolt
    Scourge_Enc_Killingflame
    Scourge_Enc_Vampembrace
    Scourge_Shift_Shadowslip
    Scourge_Curse

I would so drop $200 if I knew Warlock was confirmed to be a class at launch.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I don't know about launch but my gut is fairly soon after. I was getting drops in the game that were for a cloth armor wearer that my CW was unable to wear that I suspected were for SW.
  • Options
    daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I am very excited to see a warlock here, it has been always my firs pick in d&d.
    But, since 3.5 warlock can wear also medium armour (leather, even a chain shirt), so why so you think all the cloth items are for warlocks ?