Install Arc
Options

Unselectable New Class Icon in BWE3

2»

Comments

• Options
    abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Because people actually found cloth items with the Scourge Warlock class requirement in BW 2 and 3, and so far each class has only been able to wear one type of armor.
  • Options
    daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I also saw those items altogether with items without any class name. On the auction house, in the bar to choose class related items one of the choices was something related with Hellfire, so we could assume that the Warlock is close shot.
    But Scourge Warlock in 4e is categorised as a Striker, like the rouge, but his main attribute is CON. And that should go with cloth armour ?
  • Options
    abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Scourge Warlock is a CON-based Striker in 4e, but until they release it we really have no way of knowing how that will work in-game. Even a Guardian Fighter will quickly be killed in his Plate armor if he doesn't block or avoid red splats, so the mechanics of the class are more important to its survival than what type of armor it will wear.
  • Options
    ruinwraithruinwraith Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm hoping for the scourge warlock. I only just recently got into table top D&D and I chose that as my first class. Granted, my play has been limited up to now, but I really enjoy the concept. I'll admit, when I played the last beta weekend, I was excited to see a graphical version in action and I was a bit disappointed it wasn't there. This is me crossing my fingers.
  • Options
    piratedrugallpiratedrugall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited April 2013
    It's a generic symbol. It has the Neverwinter "N" in the center. That, along with a massive array of weapons, it is just implying that more than one class is on its way, not any class in specific.

Huh, didn't think of that. Man, there goes my theory crafting! xD
    I was going to say Ranger, since I saw an arrow and axe, but this honestly makes a lot more sense.
    Hopefully we won't be kept in suspense for too long!
  • Options
    altodarraltodarr Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    That icon is a placeholder that's been there since forever.
    It just indicates there will be more classes added to the game soon(tm).

Same as the placeholder character on the race choosing screen in the bottom right corner.