Comments

• Options
    japo1japo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    Here my feedback after BW3

- Icy Terrain needs an high damage Buff and faster chill stack effect
    - Steal Time cast is too long
    - Cast animation of all spells are too long stuck to the ground the wiz
    - CW needs an high damage spell for single target, most of Named Miniboss are immune to cc effects and the only tactic is drink potions and shoot
    - Shoot on moving for at-will powers
    - Chill strike mastery effect should be included in the vanilla spell, mastery effect should be 3 ice lance instead of 1 with the shattering effect
    - Ray of frost needs a serious buff in damage and a minor AOE effects
    - CW needs a good AOE AT-WILL power like a Spider WEB
    - Icy Rays spell needs a buff, 3-4 target hit and the mastery capability to pierce multiple enemies

Actually CW is the worst balanced class in my opinion, trickster rogue the best
    :mad:
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Surprised so many feel that the Wizard needs to be buffed when they are so frequently MVP in PvP.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Surprised so many feel that the Wizard needs to be buffed when they are so frequently MVP in PvP.

Problem is that they are rather poor for PvE. It's a delicate line.

Funny thing is that none of the CW buffs affected PvP. They were all PvE only. So, the default CW which totally stank at PvE content was already OP for PvP (we just weren't able to test it on BWE2).
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    It still feels too much like a War Wizard.
  • Options
    millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I agree with japo1. CW is very weak against boss types. You are limited to just spamming magic missile and drinking pots. I get it that all their powers shouldnt work like they do on normal mobs, however there needs to be some limited capability. Perhaps if repel worked and ray of frost applied a longer slow affect that might help balance it. Or perhaps control affects work when you have max stacks of arcane/chill with a shorter duration than normal. There just needs to be something to make encounter powers useful in those situations. Also agree that the casting time on steal time sucks. I am dead before it goes off most of the time if I try to use in a crowd unless my cleric companion has cast a heal on me. I think the mid 20's was when I really noticed how squishy the CW was. If my daily was't up, a swarm of baddies owned me.
  • Options
    corloc1corloc1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    borak2 wrote: »
    Lets see. I would

1: Rework all spells and make him more along the lines of an illusionist. Mind control, hypnotism, sleep, charm etc... If you're going to be a CONTROL wizard then give them control powers
    2: That about sums it up.
    3: If they aren't going to redo the spells then they need to make all control powers that they have last 3-4 seconds longer then they currently do.
    4: Different paragon path. If you're going to have a "frost" mage your whole life, why throw in lightning powers in the paragon levels. Continue with the frost and make them a lot more powerful.
    5: See number 1

Maybe just rename the Wizard... more like Elemental Wizard ;)
  • Options
    corloc1corloc1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sand1972 wrote: »
    ^ This. And remove the need to do "combo" moves by using stacks. This is D&D it isnt Mortal Combat. I shouldnt need to worry about stacking a darn thing or doing combos.

I disagree, A Wizard class needs to be challenging to play. no *faceroll* dps mage classes :)
    lissaanne wrote: »
    1. The control spells need to be effective on BOSSES. A standard squad will bring along a control wizard for the purpose of controling difficult monsters, if we can't use our skills on the most difficult monsters then what good are we?
    2. see above
    3. Controls need to last longer, at the very least weaker monsters should suffer the effects longer.

I agree, unless they want the Wizard to end up as a support. Only CC's are good for in bossfights are incapasitating the adds, and it lasts to short a time to impact the fight much, you just lose dps.
  • Options
    wyrdkingwyrdking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rename the Control Wizard to ICE wizard..

its like not even DnD'ish the control wizard is all ice spells.. and then whats the point of playing this game if I cant get the DnD feeling in my class of choice.

this isnt DnD if the wizard class is all ICE, might aswel go play something random. I want DnD and I want it now.

WHO BRAIN FARTED!!! i want him to step forward for a public shaming. if he who created this class is a fan of DnD at all, he knows he should present himself for a spanking.

HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME DEVELOPER SIR!
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    corloc1 wrote: »
    I disagree, A Wizard class needs to be challenging to play. no *faceroll* dps mage classes :)

I agree with you on this.
    I agree, unless they want the Wizard to end up as a support. Only CC's are good for in bossfights are incapasitating the adds, and it lasts to short a time to impact the fight much, you just lose dps.

That's the role intended. As far as lasting too short a time, did you play the last BWE? I could keep 2 groups of adds locked down indefinitely with 4 powers.

I sort of chuckle at the "Losing DPS" comment. To me, this is what happens when the adds mob the tank and he loses boss aggro. Or a striker bites the dust from 5+ mobs jumping him, or he's running around avoiding them. Or the biggest loss of all, you lose your cleric as the mobs use him for a punching bag. Those mobs can kill 2 rogues just as quickly as 1, but only a wizard is going to keep them off a rogue.

Being totally CC in an instance, with mid-damage powers, isn't a bad thing. Your job is not to DPS the boss. You might debuff him with RoE, but primarily. you're increasing the DPS uptime by keeping hordes of adds from jumping into the fray. Rogue can't do that. Cleric can't spare time to do that. Tank might be able to do that, but likely will take too long to kill them. GWF can fill that role, but not as efficiently.
  • Options
    zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    - More fireballs ! :)
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • Options
    christovaochristovao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It still feels too much like a War Wizard.

I gave up playing with this same mmo elemental wizard, gonna lvl my cleric.

d&d game without the sleep spell it's terrible.
  • Options
    jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    * I would like to see it changed to a mouse based movement and target selection
    * Enable multi-classes, I miss the Arcane Archer from NWN!
    * Release the game earlier :D
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I enjoyed playing the CW but a few things made me very unhappy.

1. The spell selection is just awful. I would like traditional D&D spells please. Thing is, I have always enjoyed the ice spells, but even I got sick to death of ice very quickly. Felt like I was on Hoth, not Faerun.

2. More "control" in the form of spells that affect multiple targets

3. Better dailies, the dailies stunk, most of my encounter powers were better

4. BETTER GEAR, give me some variety as I progress and by Moradin's Forge give me something that doesn't make me look like a Circus Clown.
  • Options
    abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You must not've gotten very high if those are your thoughts. Starting at level 20 a CW could lock down whole groups long enough to kill them, and the Arcane Singularity daily first obtained at level 35 was blatantly OP. I never got to play with the Paragon daily, so I dunno how good that one was.

I agree about the gear though. :l
  • Options
    khruxkhrux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My biggest gripes right now mostly cosmetic.

1. The combat stance looks really dumb, I absolutely hated looking at it and moving with that stance is even more horrid.
    2. The "ball" weapon is so bland and there was no variety in its appearance at least for the first 25 or so levels I played.
    3. No value on your control effects versus bosses, at least give us debuffs on those effects for CC immune targets.
  • Options
    witchzerowitchzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    After BW3 I felt CW was very well done. I had time to test different abilities and find a wonderful balance. I had some complaints about the Arcane powers until my ignorance wore off. Even when the game starts packing 3 elites into groups, which is when it gets fun, I had a good control and damage. I felt powerful and I had a blast.
  • Options
    abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    witchzero wrote: »
    After BW3 I felt CW was very well done. I had time to test different abilities and find a wonderful balance. I had some complaints about the Arcane powers until my ignorance wore off. Even when the game starts packing 3 elites into groups, which is when it gets fun, I had a good control and damage. I felt powerful and I had a blast.

Very much agreed. I only hope they didn't screw it all up with the changes they made in response to people whining about how they couldn't CC everything forever while doing more damage than the Striker classes, at level 10. :x
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    The MAIN thing I hate is the combat stance, the whole proctologist wannabe fingers in the air stance, just looks REALLY awkward
  • Options
    hathahrkhathahrk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hum , don't know if some change have been done to the control wizard lately or if it's because of the new animation of the class but he seem awfully slow , in the previous beta he was firing is at will spell pretty fast , but now it's just slow.
  • Options
    polymaticpolymatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Allow casting while moving. /thread :cool:
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    would be nice but would be far too op ;p
  • Options
    japo1japo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    At-Will shoot on moving please
    :mad:
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited April 2013
    Less damage while enemy is cc:ed. Longer cooldown on knockback
  • Options
    nischananischana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ONE only ONE at will Skill that can be used while kiting all at will skills are soo bad, it can have a selfroot but please hit 3 times(or more) to do "some" dmg is just bad.
    We have magic missels that should be the spell for boss Encounter dps.
    We have ray of frost that is the singel target cc spell.
    We have this usless a frost thing.
    And a spell that must charce long...
    Why we cant have a on kick at will with good dmg, should do a bit more than magic missels or something that you have 3 magic missels = 100 dmg , 3 new spell = 80.
  • Options
    stachmanstachman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1) Prismatic spells to add spell variety
    “Phantasmal mastery” reduces refresh times for phantasmal spells
    "Color spray" low damage AOE magic-missile-like at will
    "Dancing lights" zero damage dazing encounter power.
    "Prismatic shield" +dps bonus
    "Mirror image" (reduces 100% damage from 1st attack, 50% from second, then disappears).
    2) Appearance changing spells:
    Low level "Glamour" randomly changes casters appearance for 10min, no in game effect.
    Mid level "Polymorph self" changes caster appearance until they log off or die.
    High level "Polymorph other" usable on companion & willing players. Changes player model until they log off or die.
    3) Summon spells
    "Summon familiar" low hp & dps companion. Appearance selectable by caster (cat, imp, spider, etc.)
    "Summon monster I" encounter power. Another meat shield.
    "Summon monster II" encounter power. More meat shields.
    4) Unique equitable items that grant new powers (i.e. a wand of fireball that allows you to slot encounter "fireball")
    5) Client only graphics indicating effects (mobs glow blue when chilled or black when affected by nightmare effect)
  • Options
    lysylyalysylya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    borak2 wrote: »
    1: Rework all spells and make him more along the lines of an illusionist. Mind control, hypnotism, sleep, charm etc... If you're going to be a CONTROL wizard then give them control powers

I think this would be a fun alternative path. Still would be nice to have a solid DD wizard class, but a strong illusionist would be interesting to play.
    Veteran MMO player; Veteran D&D Player
    From M59, UO EQ, & DaoC to the present
  • Options
    mercervanquishmercervanquish Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd really like a choice of summons that levels with you, maybe a doppelganger to take the threat.
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    holy necro...
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Valindra, you have no power here!!! Undead thread BEGONE!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.