test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q2 Release Date

daminusdaminus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello All,

Question aimed at admins/developers. So guys, we are past all 3 beta events, and I must say game is astonishing, I have only got to the last beta, but after that bought my Hero of the North Pack, and I cant wait to make my Drow Renegate Rogue :) SO! When are you guys planning on announcing the release date ?:cool:
11.jpg
Post edited by daminus on

Comments

• Options
    essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would love to know this as well :P but i doubt they will answer...
  • Options
    darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    Hope it will be soon:)
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As they have said, they are currently in the data collection stage. for another week or two they wont even know when the game will be ready for release. if you think about it. there are over 1.5 million bug reports. that is a lot of data to go through. be patient and it will eventually be announced.

• Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Best estimate we have is the end of February 2013....
    I like to think they meant, end of March 2013 :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »
    As they have said, they are currently in the data collection stage. for another week or two they wont even know when the game will be ready for release. if you think about it. there are over 1.5 million bug reports. that is a lot of data to go through. be patient and it will eventually be announced.

I think these 1.5m bug report were from start. So most of them should be already solved.
    Whenever I created a bug, it was always 1.5m+ :)
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Early spring.

• Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    Early spring.

have any evidence to support your answer? For next year?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    loliamos wrote: »
    have any evidence to support your answer? For next year?

Perhaps the entire year of 2012? ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I expect it to be released.
    Why can't we have nice things?
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2013
    I would love an ETA from the company though... I think we all would. =)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    warbr wrote: »

Thanks for info ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've beta'd a lot of games and I was suprised by how smooth NW was running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited March 2013
    Best estimate we have is the end of February 2013....
    I like to think they meant, end of March 2013 :D

They've never said either.

"Early 2013" can be any time before June 30th.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    They've never said either.

"Early 2013" can be any time before June 30th.

beginning of the year is the first month for me, first months as: January February March marrow, as much through April, not until June ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited March 2013
    beginning of the year is the first month for me, first months as: January February March marrow, as much through April, not until June ....

They never said "beginning of the year". They said "Early 2013". They're still saying "Early 2013", which kind of strongly implies they don't mean "before the end of March", since that's Sunday.

If you want to interpret it as "it's coming out by this coming Sunday" I guess you can, for a couple more days, but when Monday rolls around and they're still saying "Early 2013", what are you going to do? ;)
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Definition of EARLY
    a : near the beginning of a period of time <awoke early in the morning>
    b : near the beginning of a course, process, or series <early in his senatorial career>

a : before the usual or expected time <the train arrived early>
    b archaic : soon
    c : sooner than related forms <these apples bear early>

On non-leap years there are 182 days that fall before July 2nd, and 182 days that come after July 2nd. The mid-year point is therefore in the middle of the day on July 2nd.

So prior to the middle of the day July 2nd still fits the definition of "Early 2013".

Something to consider that is not directly Neverwinter related is that Star Trek online will be launching their Season "too big to be called a season" 8 on May 21st, so I imagine that a number of the Cryptic server tech and coding gurus need to be readily available to handle any big system problem that could occur from that. Which would slow Neverwinter's progress, but of course, that's probably already been scheduled in.

Based off of Cryptic/Neverwinters's announcement/date starting an event history, combined with the "early 2013", my "best guess" would put it somewhere between the middle and late June.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Definition of EARLY
    a : near the beginning of a period of time <awoke early in the morning>
    b : near the beginning of a course, process, or series <early in his senatorial career>

a : before the usual or expected time <the train arrived early>
    b archaic : soon
    c : sooner than related forms <these apples bear early>

On non-leap years there are 182 days that fall before July 2nd, and 182 days that come after July 2nd. The mid-year point is therefore in the middle of the day on July 2nd.

So prior to the middle of the day July 2nd still fits the definition of "Early 2013".

Something to consider that is not directly Neverwinter related is that Star Trek online will be launching their Season "too big to be called a season" 8 on May 21st, so I imagine that a number of the Cryptic server tech and coding gurus need to be readily available to handle any big system problem that could occur from that. Which would slow Neverwinter's progress, but of course, that's probably already been scheduled in.

Based off of Cryptic/Neverwinters's announcement/date starting an event history, combined with the "early 2013", my "best guess" would put it somewhere between the middle and late June.

Thanks for info, more informative for me, but i still thinking: many of the 1.5 m bugs already be repaired for open beta modo, and in this last week, the game work fine, i think he launched soon, before summer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    This thread is why I don't like when company's give an estimated time of arrival.

An ETA ceases to be an "estimate" and somehow becomes a promise. I want the game released when it's ready and right now, although the game is smooth running and great as is, it still needs a lot of tweaking.

Gamer's are...interesting...people. Each have their own persona which shows of in different ways.

-We have those who understand the game is in Beta and things are being tweaked and we have those ranting they will never play due to the cleric threat mechanics (which Cryptic has spammed is being changed)
    -We have those who say the game was promised in early 2013 so it has to come then and then we have those who say release it when it's ready.
    -Some people understand an MMO will only improve with time and gets continued support and others will complain the game is more limited than NWN.

So my view on this entire ordeal is that if it was released even two weeks from now things wouldn't end well. There's a lot of expectation which goes along with "launch" that would drive away many players for the wrong reasons. People are less forgiving for "launch." The game isn't ready for launch.

Improvements and tweaks are coming, don't you worry, but launching in the immediate future would, in my opinion, be akin to shooting themselves in the foot.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited March 2013
    See, now you even got a mod coming out of the woodworks to tell some of you how silly you are.

Don't expect the game before summer, that's my estimated guess.

Why, you ask ?

Because there is a ton of stuff missing: just look at the lack of models, textures and animations. The engine has bad issues with shadows and lighting in some areas. Dx11 is in beta. None of the characters have any weapon or armor progression. I have not seen a single item with a particle aura or procs. Where are the vorpal/ice/fire weapons ? At level 40 my CW looked the same as on level 4. At level 24 my rogue got a silly Zorro hat with no other option in sight, my dwarf guardian couldn't buy an axe, the blue loot drops had the same model as the green standard stuff.

Tons of rebalancing is needed: Rogues are almost godmode, levelling 2-3 times faster than any class. CW, while improved, still has no clear role in a group, Clerics are a joke currently and are useless solo and in groups and the GWF gets out-dpsed easily by the rogue.

Crafting. Any info ? Anything at all ?

Endgame ? Is there any ?

Lots more...

If they went open beta now, the hardcore fans would play it for 1-2 months, then start crying bitterly about wasting 200$ and drop it. Then word of mouth would ruin any chances for future success. The game has it's basics down, but needs tweaks and content, content, content....ranging from armor to models to character customization, animations, itemization, companions, crafting, guild management, pvp progression...and so on.
  • Options
    moskibearmoskibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    would love to know it as well :-)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Eeek, I'm not saying they're silly; that would be mean. But I am pointing out that there's a lot of work yet to be done and it can't realistically be done in such a short time. An estimate is an estimate. Not a promise and sticking to an estimate would be silly if the game wasn't ready. :)

However note Vorpal has been removed from the game. Not from Neverwinter but the entirety of Dungeons and Dragons. :(

The Rogue is a glass cannon and designed to be. The GWF is supposed to be a mix between a striker and a defender so he will always get out dps'd. However he shouldn't be anywhere near as squishy as he is.

And I assure you there is crafting and an end-game.
  • Options
    tkwizardjstkwizardjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    some people apparently need to learn patience. I have beta tested a number of games, and have seen what happens when one is released too soon. As already stated, that would be disastrous. Most of us are looking forward to enjoying this game for a long time, so it will take time for it to be ready. Let the people involved do their jobs, and we will end up with a game we can all tell other people is worth playing.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup!
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I've beta'd a lot of games and I was suprised by how smooth NW was running.

o.O
    No better than any of the last few MMO's I have tested, such as Rifts or SWTOR in the past year or two.

And early 2013....means anything before June 30th. Oddly enough, in PR speak...later 2013 only means Nov or December.....

Good thing I didnt know clerics are useless solo...else I might not have leveled to 36 this past weekend by myself as a cleric......close call.
  • Options
    micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In my oppinion an open beta would resolve all the discussions, so we ”the gamers” can enjoy, learn and find bugs regarding to the game, and the staff can work on preparing all the things for the great oppening:) my 2 cents
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for info, more informative for me, but i still thinking: many of the 1.5 m bugs already be repaired for open beta modo, and in this last week, the game work fine, i think he launched soon, before summer.

Keep in mind that the bug system's numbers include every bug in Champions Online (including ones when it was called Marvel Universe Online, before it was retooled), every bug in Star Trek Online (including those filed internally on versions of the software never or not yet seen in the outside world, or only seen by a small group of friends and family in the outside world), and every bug filed internally by those working on the new game(s), whatever that/those may eventually be called.
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Back to topic: On Steam they say in May, which sounds realistic :)
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We all want to know...

When will then be now?
  • Options
    rkriderrkrider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited March 2013
    Sorry if this has already been posted.
    Quote from news briefing :
    Operator

Your next question comes from the line of Mark Marostica from Piper Jaffray. Please ask your question.
    Mark Marostica - Piper Jaffray

Yes. Hoping you can give us a little bit of a better idea on the timing of your upcoming game launches particularly Neverwinter, Saint Seiya Online, and Swordsman Online and overseas?
    Robert Xiao

Yes. Thanks for the question. I think we were pretty much along with the our committed pipeline. So the Neverwinter will be launched in Q2 and Saint Seiya and Swordsman Online would be launched mid-year this year. So far the production resulted it.

Link Or it Ain't So.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've ridden through the deserts of Athas on a Horse made of Flame....
  • Options
    xbotzxbotz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    Nice......So I guess early May is not so crazy after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]