test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Menzoberranzan Renegade VS Drow....

Comments

• nalfeshnanalfeshna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Man, no mortal race pulls off evil like the drow... their subterranean societies fascinated me as a kid. I read the Drizzt books, and found myself rooting for Matron Malice more often than not. =/

And their gods? Lolth's fall from grace in the elvish pantheon and her rise in the Abyss is just great stuff. And Kiransalee taking down Orcus?! C'mon!

It's a shame Orcus finally stomped her. Now all I have for a god of Undeath is Vecna. =(
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited March 2013
    Yes I am Drizzt fanboi.. In fact I am reading neverwinter saga ATM. So what lol.. I am a sucker for cosmetic things and looking cool -.-
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    Need more beard choices for dwarves. Epic beard 1, epic beard 2, great epic beard 3, greater epic beard 4.... etc.

To add to this females need dwarf beard options!
    2.jpg
  • randomdispalynamrandomdispalynam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    sly13 wrote: »
    So how exactly is the Menzo. Renegade "race" going to differ from the Drow "race?" Is it that only people who have bought the founders pack will be able to play a Drow or can anyone at some point?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been brought up already but I can't seem to find any info on my searches.

Ty

ANSWER:
    What are the specifics surrounding the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Founder's Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least first 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ
    If not sure if a thread is posted, try the SEARCH function below:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    Menzo Renegade is the NWO version of STO Borg.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think Drizzt is OK but I stopped reading after the first 6 books.
    I bought the HotN pack because I wanted the drow yes. The drow are my favorite race and it has nothing to do with Drizzt. I also want the giant armored spider mount. The panther companion I could do without. That does cut it close to being Drizzt-like. I'd rather have the direwolf companion from the GoN pack but I'm not going to pay another $60 just so I can get the better companion. $200 is plenty :)
    Now I just need to come up with some kind of renegade history...
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll take gnomes as a race option over drow. I know that gnomes are similar to halflings, but drow are just bland now after DDO overkill, and I never really found them interesting and anything other than humanoid monsters in D&D.

I also have a hard time accepting devil spawn as a PC, it just seems so out of place and u think you would automatically have a -9 on your charisma score as a teifling.:mad:

Gnomes...... and lizardmen, "yup lizardmen as a race option that would do just fine."
  • ansirothansiroth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you pay 200 bucks do you get the armors too or they are just for to show off ?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    ansiroth wrote: »
    If you pay 200 bucks do you get the armors too or they are just for to show off ?

"Costume"
    In other words purely cosmetic :)

No pay to win armor and weapons please, haha!
  • rizoguerizogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Trolls are gonna be trolls. We're not all greasy-haired, pale-skinned teenagers either... This game is called Neverwinter, it's set in the Forgotten Realms, and based on a series of novels written by Wizard's best-selling author ever - R.A. Salvatore. If you don't like the author, or the setting, or some of the races that exist in the Forgotten Realms, I understand Cryptic makes a Star Trek game you might like...

Not being able to play as a drow for 60 days means that I get to found a drow guild with some other race. On a related note: transferring Guild leadership... How is this handled in-game? It looks like I'm going to need to know in 60-something days...... This is a really dumb move.

Rizogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our Neverwinter Discussions: http://www.menzoberranzan.net
    Now Recruiting - All races and classes! Menzoberranzan Guild Recruitment
  • roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Lol why do people think that all Drow players are Drizzt fans? Some really dislike Salvatore's character, he's like a comic superhero. Killing an Umber Hulk as a 10 year old? Who the **** can believe that to be possible? Rofl.

I hope they'll release something cheaper to play a Drow, like 60 or something, I'd definetely pay for that.

Just to clearify... drizzt first kill(s) was hook horrors. 5 hook horrors were set up in the underdark with a stolen female baby. it was a final test in the academy and drizzt was in his 10th year of the academy and 29 years old. Drizzt killed 2 btw ;>
  • silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol why do people think that all Drow players are Drizzt fans? Some really dislike Salvatore's character, he's like a comic superhero. Killing an Umber Hulk as a 10 year old? Who the **** can believe that to be possible? Rofl.

Great point....personally I couldn't read his books, too boring, at least his first trilogy. The whole drizzt thing is blown out of proportion, there are far more interesting characters on Toril than a renegade dark elf and his summoned panther.

Still hoping for....
    vaskesh.jpg
    lizardmen as a race opt.
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Which is silly, and will probably be changed in fifth.

This right here, is pretty much the mantra of 4e. In fact, "This is silly and will probably be changed in 5e" should come as a warning label on just about every 4e book ever written.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • wardenmwardenm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    While I completely understand the frustration about any race being blocked for two months, I have to wonder if it's intentionally being done for balance, as well. It seems by and large the most popular of the races, so by putting that 60 day waiting period on them, it forces players to become invested in other races, thereby helping even things out instead of everyone being the same race. Folks will be too invested by then to want to switch immediately, relegating many drow to being alts. *shrugs* While I'm sure part of it is the "HotN" exclusivity like they said, I just can't help but think it's more to do with spreading out the population than anything else. It sucks and is crappy for the die hards having to wait, but it might well be effective with more casual players.
  • ebonsonebonson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Costume"
    In other words purely cosmetic :)

No pay to win armor and weapons please, haha!

HOTN do get some elite gear though:

**DELZOUN TREASURE BOX
    This level 60 chest is guaranteed to contain a rare weapon or implement with a unique enchantment and special visual effect. (one per character).**

Looking at the level and the name (delzoun) I'm going to take a good guess that this is a endgame weapon comparable to the token or dungeon boss drops. Now it's probably not a huge deal but it's still max level gear with no ingame effort.
  • voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    as far as playing a Drow, Ive been more inspired by the female drow in the D&D lore than anything. Not sure how much has changed since I played pen/paper in 2nd edition, but female drow were always the dominant figure in drow society.

I both feared and idolized drow clerics in many forgotten realm campaigns as they were typically THE lead villain. I think its a shame that the drow is being offered, yet theres no way to accurately play a drow cleric in this game.

I still plan on rolling a drow female cleric and making the best of it, even if it completely breaks D&D canon
  • wardenmwardenm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    voodoopapa wrote: »
    as far as playing a Drow, Ive been more inspired by the female drow in the D&D lore than anything. Not sure how much has changed since I played pen/paper in 2nd edition, but female drow were always the dominant figure in drow society.

I both feared and idolized drow clerics in many forgotten realm campaigns as they were typically THE lead villain. I think its a shame that the drow is being offered, yet theres no way to accurately play a drow cleric in this game.

I still plan on rolling a drow female cleric and making the best of it, even if it completely breaks D&D canon

You can still play a common drow female to type, just do so within the frame of the story. You could be a spy sent topside by House Xorllarin. An assassin from House Baerne sent to the surface to hunt down renegades. Our guild for example is mostly Lolth worshipping drow sent to hunt down magical items for Lolth's Demon Weave. There's all sorts of ways around playing a typical hero so long as you've got a reason for either hiding your identity or not attacking everything in sight.
  • jinnixijinnixi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    i bourght the pack cause

1. the headstart since im going away on holiday after the 30th i wanted to get some play time in
    2. the panther.. always wanted one though a fox would be nice
    3. guanteed purple weapon at 60 never have i had one and this was the perfect opertunaty
    (if you read the email it says quote "Delzoun Treasure Box - Openable at level 60 with a guaranteed purple weapon! ")
    4. extra bag space.. god knows i pick up everything (i do share if in a group im nice person)
    5. Founder's Armor Aura- Unique enchantment with visual FX that can be slotted into your armor. sounded pretty cool
    6. adventurer's helper pack - Dev comented on a previous thread saying they were stackable and i had already bourght the starter kit
    7. 3 extra character slots (i'v a habbit of creating new characters)
    8. 2mil astral diamonds - monies !!! seriously keep your diamonds S*** is exspensive
    9. 1 Respec Token - i heard these were usful :p
    10. Gond's Endless Coffer of Pyrotechnics - who doesnt like fireworks? and
    Greycloak's Legacy - curiosity killed the cat

(also cause i loved the game and thourght it deserved 200$)

i had no interest what so ever in the mount or drow (i'd give them away if i could)
    early access to foundry? honest what i'd come up with wouldn't be anywhere close to others

these are just my personal reasons please keep crytisism to yourself
    fs.png
  • savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    Because on the buy founders pack page it say "Just Like Drizzt". So if they werent "Drizzy" fans they would not shovel out 200$ for a founders pack. Hell they even get the panther.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero

look for your self.

I don't personally enjoy the Drizzt books. I tried one and wasn't a fan. The only background I have with Drizzt is killing him in the original Baldur's Gate.

And I really don't think of it as 'buying the founder's pack.' I just donated money to a project I'm interested in, and they happen to give away some things as a thank you. I'm way more excited about the extra character slots than anything else...

So yeah, I didn't donate for the Drizzt thing.
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The most famous character from the DnD universe is a Drow,

am i the only one (on here) old enough to remember Gord the Rogue?
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • rizoguerizogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    theevildrf wrote: »
    am i the only one (on here) old enough to remember Gord the Rogue?

Of course not! I think I still have 5 (of the 8 or so...) of Gygax' Gord Novels. :D

Rizogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our Neverwinter Discussions: http://www.menzoberranzan.net
    Now Recruiting - All races and classes! Menzoberranzan Guild Recruitment
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tyvm. was getting worried.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • makubimakubi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    I was more of a Bruenor Battlehammer fan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ +2 Lipstick of Power ]

I draw my own signature/avatar when I am bored.
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Drizzt is bigger than Elminister, at least he's bigger where it really counts: at the cash register.

Salvatore books are a big cash cow and since most things (even in D&D) are measured by the almighty $$$, it is fair to say the most famous denizen of Faerun is our old friend Drizzt. :)
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jinnixi wrote: »
    3. guanteed purple weapon at 60 never have i had one and this was the perfect opertunaty
    (if you read the email it says quote "Delzoun Treasure Box - Openable at level 60 with a guaranteed purple weapon! ")
    Purple eh? I didn't know that. What are the weapon qualities in this game? On the purchase page it calls it a "rare weapon." Are all rares purple?
    Beyond white and green (I guess common and uncommon) I don't really know the quality levels of gear.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    futrix wrote: »
    Purple eh? I didn't know that. What are the weapon qualities in this game? On the purchase page it calls it a "rare weapon." Are all rares purple?
    Beyond white and green (I guess common and uncommon) I don't really know the quality levels of gear.

If they go like STO does, it will be as:

1. White = Common
    2. Green = Uncommon
    3. Blue = Rare
    4. Purple = Very Rare

Hope this helps.
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That was my suspicion to, which would mean the Delzoun Treasure Box could have two different weapon qualities depending on which source you use. Purple if Jinnixi is correct, blue if we go by the pack details.

Is the email in question one you get after purchase, like an invoice?
  • skuzkunnskuzkunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    steppenkat wrote: »

I hope they'll release something cheaper to play a Drow, like 60 or something, I'd definetely pay for that.
    Late post but wtf are you talking about? He didn't even go to the fighters academy until he was 20... he didn't kill **** till right before then when he killed a goblin slave made to look like a drow... and he never killed an umber hulk while in the underdark he killed a hook horror while training at the academy during the back end of his 10 years there so he was between 26 and 30...
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    skuzkunn wrote: »
    Late post but wtf are you talking about?

Tell me you don't honestly expect some kind of answer, from a two year old topic.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    skuzkunn wrote: »
    Late post but wtf are you talking about? He didn't even go to the fighters academy until he was 20... he didn't kill **** till right before then when he killed a goblin slave made to look like a drow... and he never killed an umber hulk while in the underdark he killed a hook horror while training at the academy during the back end of his 10 years there so he was between 26 and 30...

..Rise Vilinthrax!!!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJWgUUc-oNE