test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Menzoberranzan Renegade VS Drow....

sly13sly13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So how exactly is the Menzo. Renegade "race" going to differ from the Drow "race?" Is it that only people who have bought the founders pack will be able to play a Drow or can anyone at some point?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been brought up already but I can't seem to find any info on my searches.

Ty
Post edited by sly13 on

Comments

• falfidorfalfidor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited March 2013
    Only people who have bought HON pack can play a drow with the background of Menzo Renegade.

But the other important question is: Can HON buyer play the Drow with Menzo Renegade background already at official launch of the game, so that they do not need to wait 60 days?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xaralleixarallei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The renegade race is just a different skin. They get special tattoos and stuff. Only HoN can play these, everyone else can play normal drow for free. However, at launch only HoN pack buyers can play their renegades. Everyone else who want to play regular drow have to wait 60 days. It's kind of crappy imho.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sly13 wrote: »
    So how exactly is the Menzo. Renegade "race" going to differ from the Drow "race?" Is it that only people who have bought the founders pack will be able to play a Drow or can anyone at some point?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been brought up already but I can't seem to find any info on my searches.

Ty

Do not apologize ever for asking a question that makes sense. In forums questions = future answers for those who need such answers. :)

In this case, the renegade is the same as the Drow. The ONLY difference is background bio and role-play purposes. The Renegades do get a purple fire effect for a racial ability, and I believe the regular Drow will have another ability that replaces that, but neither will have any advantage over the other. For the renegade, it is all role-play and vanity only. All visual (such as the special skin and tattoos).
  • nationalcity1nationalcity1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited March 2013
    xarallei wrote: »
    The renegade race is just a different skin. They get special tattoos and stuff. Only HoN can play these, everyone else can play normal drow for free. However, at launch only HoN pack buyers can play their renegades. Everyone else who want to play regular drow have to wait 60 days. It's kind of crappy imho.

It's not kinda crappy it's just plain and simple <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.....

There pushing customers away, people that want to play Normal Drow are not going to wait around for two months just to play it there gonna move on or just play another race........

There is no explanation why they couldn't offer The normal Drow in the store or part of the other 60$ founders pack. I just don't get the reason for the two month waiting period I guess so the HON people can feel "entitled" or something?

Not trying to come off as a jerk I just don't understand there reasoning I guess maybe the Drow was suppose to be a huge selling point in the HON pack?

I understand the renegade skin for the HON pack they deserve it they paid 200$ dollars but to make everyone else wait two months just for the normal version is ridiculous...

I think this is gonna hurt more then help them when it's all said and done.......

I guess there philosophy is If you wanna play it your gonna spend $200 and I'm sorry but I'm not 8P
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the Renegade have the 'old' drow spell and the 'normal' drow have the new spell?
    a unique playable race armed with the "Faerie Fire" racial ability and tattoo cosmetic option.
    The new drow have some other spell to make the target glow.

//edit: Darkfire for the normal drow?
    http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Drow,_Variant_%284e_Race%29
    Same page as 3.5 drow has faerie fire:
    http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Drow
  • blondesolidblondesolid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    I feel charging $200 dollars for the Drizzt addicts out there is down right dirty business =)
    Luckily for me I'm into the haffer scene =D
  • kidottrkidottr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I kind of wish they had picked a different race, say, the Aasimar or something. That might have made the whole Drow issue go away. Still, with how popular the race is, it probably made a lot more sense financially to put the Drow in the starter pack.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I feel charging $200 dollars for the Drizzt addicts out there is down right dirty business =)
    Luckily for me I'm into the haffer scene =D

Lol why do people think that all Drow players are Drizzt fans? Some really dislike Salvatore's character, he's like a comic superhero. Killing an Umber Hulk as a 10 year old? Who the **** can believe that to be possible? Rofl.

I hope they'll release something cheaper to play a Drow, like 60 or something, I'd definetely pay for that.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kidottr wrote: »
    I kind of wish they had picked a different race, say, the Aasimar or something. That might have made the whole Drow issue go away. Still, with how popular the race is, it probably made a lot more sense financially to put the Drow in the starter pack.
    No Aasimar in 4e. Only Devas!

The reason is that angels and devils(because devils were once angels too) are asexual in nature. Though succubus can steal essence of mortals and make kids, but in general half-devil and half-angel kids no longer are possible.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Which is silly, and will probably be changed in fifth...also makes it really hard for Asmoudaus to have a daughter but there she is.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Lol why do people think that all Drow players are Drizzt fans? Some really dislike Salvatore's character, he's like a comic superhero. Killing an Umber Hulk as a 10 year old? Who the **** can believe that to be possible? Rofl.

I hope they'll release something cheaper to play a Drow, like 60 or something, I'd definetely pay for that.
    Because on the buy founders pack page it say "Just Like Drizzt". So if they werent "Drizzy" fans they would not shovel out 200$ for a founders pack. Hell they even get the panther.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero

look for your self.
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's not kinda crappy it's just plain and simple <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.....

There pushing customers away, people that want to play Normal Drow are not going to wait around for two months just to play it there gonna move on or just play another race........

There is no explanation why they couldn't offer The normal Drow in the store or part of the other 60$ founders pack. I just don't get the reason for the two month waiting period I guess so the HON people can feel "entitled" or something?

Not trying to come off as a jerk I just don't understand there reasoning I guess maybe the Drow was suppose to be a huge selling point in the HON pack?

I understand the renegade skin for the HON pack they deserve it they paid 200$ dollars but to make everyone else wait two months just for the normal version is ridiculous...

I think this is gonna hurt more then help them when it's all said and done.......

I guess there philosophy is If you wanna play it your gonna spend $200 and I'm sorry but I'm not 8P

The most famous character from the DnD universe is a Drow, of course it is a selling point. I don't think it is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or ridiculous in any way to clearly state an exclusive offer for a decent buy-in to support the game. 60 days flies by so fast that you really shouldn't be in disagreement for a lack of a better term.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    Because on the buy founders pack page it say "Just Like Drizzt". So if they werent "Drizzy" fans they would not shovel out 200$ for a founders pack. Hell they even get the panther.

look for your self.

And I suppose that the spider mount is for Drizzt's evil twin, right? :P

Of course some people will play Drow just because they like Drizzt... And some others will play them because we like Drow in general.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013

look for your self.

You can't just assume everyone falls into that category. I'm not a Drizzt fan at all. I just love playing Drow.
    L'sya Raiya
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

look for your self.

Completely incorrect. I bought the 200 dollar pack not because of Drizzt or a kitty cat. I just wanted to support the game. There's a lot of founder's pack customers out there who did the same thing, and could care less about the Drizzt character. My Drow's personae? More like a pirate than anything. And his name will definitely be my forum name, because that is who I play. Drizzt . . . ? Nice character in the book, but anyone with half a brain or imagination will be playing their own characters and histories.

I'd also mention that it feels good to support the game and use my money, voluntarily in fact, to enable friends and fans to play the game for free, because to me that just feels good, but I know that is incomprehensible to most of the audience here so I'll just let that one go LOL.

I do admit the kitty will be a nice add, though . . . but that's because I love cats anyway, except for a certain tuxedo that loves to wake me at sunrise ~glares down toward the floor at the eyes staring at him~

steppenkat wrote: »
    And I suppose that the spider mount is for Drizzt's evil twin, right? :P

Of course some people will play Drow just because they like Drizzt... And some others will play them because we like Drow in general.
    and
    lsya wrote: »
    You can't just assume everyone falls into that category. I'm not a Drizzt fan at all. I just love playing Drow.

Careful there. You'll upset all of the forum nuts that think that Drizzt is the only Drow in D&D ~chuckles~

~sigh~ Jarlaxle never gets any love. lol
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am actual excited to see the drow or renegade races. Only dwarfs look any good to me in the game so far.

The half-orcs have far to small tusks and you cannot give them brown or green skin, only some greyish.
    The Tieflings have these weird spikes around the chin and not enough options for the horns (love the skin colours though).
    Humans are boring, well humans.
    Elves, Half-elves are well hmmm not playing elves, dunno.
    Halflings have this nice and neat looking touch, which I cannot stand :P

Dwarfs are robust, strong and have some good beards (could be more).
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    I am actual excited to see the drow or renegade races. Only dwarfs look any good to me in the game so far.

The half-orcs have far to small tusks and you cannot give them brown or green skin, only some greyish.
    The Tieflings have these weird spikes around the chin and not enough options for the horns (love the skin colours though).
    Humans are boring, well humans.
    Elves, Half-elves are well hmmm not playing elves, dunno.
    Halflings have this nice and neat looking touch, which I cannot stand :P

Dwarfs are robust, strong and have some good beards (could be more).

Need more beard choices for dwarves. Epic beard 1, epic beard 2, great epic beard 3, greater epic beard 4.... etc.
  • malazath66malazath66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The fact Drow will be playable 60 days delayed annoys me massivly! Drow are the Main reason I am interested in playing this game and I neither want to be excluded from it for 60 days without any need nor I am willing to pay almost 200 Euros to play Drow from the beginning.

They really should rethink this.

And.. this got nothing to do with a so called Dark Elf named Drizzt who just is an elf with dark skin imo :)
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got the hero pack and prob wont play drow till later. I really dig the Half-Orc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    in the 25 years I have DM'd and played DnD.....drow fans are either a) drizzle spit fanbois or b)rules lawyers/number crunchers... or the more recent c) emos, we just called them goths back in the day.
    None one of which I wanted in my group as a DM or player.

Call me when I can play a kender.
  • dizagothdizagoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    60 days. That suxs. I'll be too invested in another character by then. Would like to play a drow but with my own background. Wish they would add more options for individual races overall that would have some effect on cosmetic characteristics. Ex: Different clans for dwarves (and dweomer) not sure if I spelled that right / cities and areas and chaos/good/neutral (barbarians/coastal/neseme/silverymoon etc, for men and half-elves.
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    in the 25 years I have DM'd and played DnD.....drow fans are either a) drizzle spit fanbois or b)rules lawyers/number crunchers... or the more recent c) emos, we just called them goths back in the day.

Funny... I'm none of the above, and I like the drow. No Drizzt clone for me though, I'm going to be a female cleric.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The most famous character from the DnD universe is a Drow,

That seems a bit of a stretch. More famous then Elminster? Perhaps...but not likely. More famous then Minsc and Boo? Not on your life!
    edited March 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    That seems a bit of a stretch. More famous then Elminster? Perhaps...but not likely. More famous then Minsc and Boo? Not on your life!

Raistlin.......
  • cydaeacydaea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Funny... I'm none of the above, and I like the drow. No Drizzt clone for me though, I'm going to be a female cleric.
    You and me both. It's going to be a painful 60 days for me though.
  • dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lsya wrote: »

lmfao i'm no drizzt fan, i bought the pack for the mount and 5 day head start, maybe even the companion if it doesn't suck. the AD is a nice bonus but during beta2/3 i found myself never using AD for purchases, just for AH posting. the fact that vanilla drow will be locked for 60 days for everyone else just makes the pack that much sweeter; does that mean i'll be playing menzo at launch? you bet your *** it does, and i think i'll name him 'notadrizztfan' or 'keephatingforanother60days'
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • draezendirehanddraezendirehand Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2013
    Raistlin.......

This game is based in the Forgotten Realms not the Krynn setting... Same game yes but two different worlds. Also Kender are Halflings...
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Minsc and Boo are famous with the old school 2.0 or advanced DnD era. Drizzt is arguably the most recognized name in DnD now in the 3.0 - 3.5 era we are now in. 4e was a huge fail all it gave us that are worthwhile was the spellplague and a new landscape. The 3.0 -3.5 era is arguably the most popular among gamers nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1.jpg
    When life turns it's back on you, sneak attack it for extra damage!
    edited March 2013
    This game is based in the Forgotten Realms not the Krynn setting... Same game yes but two different worlds. Also Kender are Halflings...

He didnt say Forgotten Realms, now did he? ....no...he said the DnD Universe...that would include...forgotten realm, spelljammer, dragonlance, holllowworld, ebonwhatever, and the host of other worlds published by other companies, such as Whitewolf.

Kender are halfings...spoken like someone who's never spent time on Krynn.
  • nalfeshnanalfeshna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I just enjoy their particular brand of evil!

My cleric of Kiransalee was my favorite character I ever made - Lolth hated her, Orcus hated her... everyone hated her. Good times.

In other news, how are aasimar an impossibility, but Glasya and the Cambion are perfectly okay? 4e kind of ruined the celestial hierarchy for me, although the Devils seem to be doing just fine, with Asmodeus making it to godhood and all.
    edited March 2013
    nalfeshna wrote: »
    I just enjoy their particular brand of evil!

If only I had ever had a player that actually wanted to play an..evil drow!!!.....madness....pure madness I say....who ever heard of a evil drow!