test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Class Will Your Main Be?

redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Pretty simple, really, I'm just wondering what class everyone plans on using for their mains. Me? I love all the classes but I'm pretty sure my main will end up being a Trickster Rogue, as she was during the last two beta weekends.
Post edited by redstonedawn on

Comments

• Options
    ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The control wizard has won me over, so that'll be my main. Guardian fighter is my second favorite. I have my eye on a scourge warlock once they're added, though it'll depend very much on the playstyle ... I originally planned on playing a trickster rogue, but ended up liking it considerably less than the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Me like guardian fighter. :P
  • Options
    redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ladydwarf wrote: »
    The control wizard has won me over, so that'll be my main. Guardian fighter is my second favorite. I have my eye on a scourge warlock once they're added, though it'll depend very much on the playstyle ... I originally planned on playing a trickster rogue, but ended up liking it considerably less than the others.

Omg, I saw Nixy pics in one of the screenshot threads earlier and spent quite a bit of time reading her bio on the hall of records, lol. :D

The control wizard is pretty cool, too, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the scourge warlock and archer ranger some day Soon (TM).
  • Options
    shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a glutton for punishment ... Shautru is always a devoted healer unless a Druid class is available.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • Options
    iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Devoted Cleric... no question about it. I love the mix between damage and healing.

My primary alt tho will be a Trickster Rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yggytreeyggytree Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited March 2013
    Trickster Rogue is pretty darn tempting, and before this last weekend I was seriously considering the Devoted Cleric.

All that came to pass when I started to dominate battlefields with my Control Wizard. I'm not going to lie, Control Wizard was pretty unimpressive to me before they hit level 14 or so... but they really seem to take off like a Magic Missile when they get to that sweet spot. Wow!
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A Dwarven Control Wizard dual-wielding dwarven axes and smoking a cegar so the ash from the cegar falls on my spell book and the DM is forced to let me melee and telling me how stupid I am and what a bad wizard I make. Memories, keep running through my mind.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    maverickwerewolfmaverickwerewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    I went ahead and voted Trickster Rogue, but honestly I'm not sure. It's pretty much a tossup between Trickster Rogue and Guardian Fighter, along with a Devoted Cleric alt... and depending on what the new class(es) are, too.
    Dedicated NWN roleplayer for 7+ years, the Village of Creation (VoC) server
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    will be playing Control Wizard, then maybe Guardian Fighter.
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    aeysaeys Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ROGUE. Because from Wildstar, the race I most identify with is the Cassians.
    "It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    draezendirehanddraezendirehand Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2013
    Rogue all the way until/unless they release the Swordmage or Tempest Fighter. I am obsessed with dual wielding for some unknown reason. I try other styles but always end up dual. The swordmage may change that though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1.jpg
    When life turns it's back on you, sneak attack it for extra damage!
  • Options
    stormerstormer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My main is Bard! The sooner they release it the sooner I get to play.
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    Me like guardian fighter. :P

With my mighty sword/hammer/axe at your side :p

p.s. Great Weapon Fighter since last beta, he fights like a barbarian.
  • Options
    elddirelddir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Devoted Cleric

... IF they fix the self healing and agro from last weekend. Otherwise I probably won't be playing at all :(
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    With my mighty sword/hammer/axe at your side :p

p.s. Great Weapon Fighter since last beta, he fights like a barbarian.

Guardian looks better though. GWF is alright but that sword is just too big when you are a dwarf. Top foot of the sword is underground when I am standing there. Sword is like a foot or two taller than me. I did get the blue club to use when I got to lvl 16 on my dwarf GWF and it looked a lot better than the two handed sword.

I just like the sword and shield fighting. I will most likely use a warhammer or a mace and shield until I get that +6 nightmare longsword from the trade bar merchant. Really hope they put more weapons on that merchant.

I will most likely focus on power and attack on my guardian. More damage I think is better than putting points into threat.
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2013
    I voted Cleric, but I'm really torn between the Cleric, Rogue, and Wizard. Love all three. Leaning toward Cleric currently. How dare they make multiple awesome classes and force me to have to choose!
  • Options
    jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "Amg" I will be the only gaurdian fighter in neverwinter! Along with five other people, at the time of this post!

Thats incredible! I love this class, along with being a tank its nicely balanced(once they get the aggro and shield upgrades)... I'm wondering why not alot of you have chosen it as well?

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "Amg" I will be the only gaurdian fighter in neverwinter! Along with five other people, at the time of this post!

Thats incredible! I love this class, along with being a tank its nicely balanced(once they get the aggro and shield upgrades)... I'm wondering why not alot of you have chosen it as well?

It said, which ONE class will be your main. This will be the Great Weapon Fighter for me and parallel I play Guardian Fighter :)
  • Options
    liger000xliger000x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guardian Fighter for me as well we may be small in rank but we are strong in spirit.
    19.jpg
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't answer! I never really had a "main" in any MMO. I always switch back and forth between multiple characters. That's why it took me 3 years to get my first CO character to 40.
  • Options
    gnarlpinegnarlpine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Love a cleric
  • Options
    warmasterpalakwarmasterpalak Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    None of the above. Predator Druid or Archer Ranger. Probably both, since I'm an Altaholic and rarely determine a main except by who I have the most fun with and take to cap first.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well....picking a "main" character is a tough one. I'm an altoholic.

I chose rogue, but it really will be rogue, cleric, wizard. The others don't interest me.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

^^ jesus, when did I post this :D

p.s. and where were the moderators?!?
  • Options
    tormswordtormsword Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll likely run a cleric of Amaunator until I get a chance to roll up a paladin of Torm (Keldorn is my homeboy). Greatsword wielding death machine and foe to evildoers everywhere!
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Trickster Rogue
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Main will be Control Wizard, while alt will be either Guardian Fighter or Cleric.
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    always be a wizard... now be a rogue :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    galeranegalerane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My main will probably be a Great Weapon Fighter....or the Guardian Fighter...well, maybe the Devoted Cleric or the Control Wizard...then again I could be the Trickster Rogue.
    8.jpg
  • Options
    doug200463doug200463 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I picked Devoted Cleric, beacuse i always end up playing the healer.. but.. my last day in beta 3 i tried a control wizard.. If the clerics healing output isnt increased at launch, then i will play the wiz until the cleric is fixed, or a different type of healer is released.
    Clerics need a BUFF! Not a Nerf! Or create another healing class thats able to heal a group well...