test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's the rez key??

2»

Comments

• iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No, I did not get to that dungeon, but that does sound more like a balance issue then a Rez mechanic issue. If threat is modified, allowing you less time running like you are on fire, you could put down significantly more healing and damage. If the fight is overtuned, then that is another issue as well, but I still do not think the lack of rez is a game breaking feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just think adding a rez ability at around level 48 or so would be nice it would take up one of your orange power slots so you lose one of your skills for the ability to rez which would balance that out.
    rez could take 10 to 15 seconds to cast and return a player back to life with 10% health so you couldn't abuse it for PvP or for spaming it in dungeon fights and it could have a 1 minute cooldown timer as well which would not cut into sales of the resurrect scrolls
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • fdjkfdjkfdjnkfdjfdjkfdjkfdjnkfdj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can any of you immagine stopping to rez someone while doing the cleric shuffle? :P

It would be nice to have the option though it seems to me that it is one of the roles traditionaly performed by clerics that has been sent to the realm of cash shop/new paradign of healer design.
  • pineappleghostpineappleghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pallier wrote: »
    did you get to the level 52 dungeon? cause you can see the problem there.
    threat generated by heals even worked on newly spawning enemies and the masssive amount of enemies that was coming in was just crazy and impossible to live through unless everyone spammed pots because the healers heals wasn't powerful enough to work (8k pot every 15 seconds compared to a 2k heal every 10 seconds) and the healer constantly running for their life.
    if someone died there was nothing anyone could do. the ice giants spamming aoes that do 4k damage per hit, the archers doing 900 damage per shot, the pouncing mobs that did knockback and hit for 2k damage when they landed on you, the wolfs that breathed ice in a cone that would cross and cover all the screen that hit for 400 damage per second. it was impossible to live through especially if your the cleric with all that on you.

I am lvl 50 cleric who played Spellplague Caverns (Lvl 52). Our Control Wizards knocked all the monsters off the cliffs (not sure if intended). I think it was the third boss in Spellplague that summoned Berserkers (charging/leapers) that was a bit rough. But voice communication triumphed. The Frozen Heart (Lvl 45) is easy after a few runs. The first boss is quite possibly the easiest boss in the game since he spawns no adds.

Get this. I ran Spellplague Caverns and The Frozen Heart without potions. In my opinion your dungeon experience is directly tied to the skills the Control Wizard is using (firstly), the Devouted Cleric (secondly), and the Guardian Fighter (thirdly).

The key to success is the smart use of Divinity Charged Skills. You need at least two powers that generate a lot of Divine Power, and two that heal.

Also use the in game voice chat to tell people you need peels. Of course the aggro bug is gonna be gone by the next time the game is open according to Reddit's AMA with the combat developer, so rest your fears.
  • foxybatfoxybat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    In 4e, the price is the same for the rezzer, but anyone can rez because it's no longer a cleric-spell but a Ritual that any character with the ritual caster feat can use.

Glad someone else pointed this out.

Petition to change the money-grubbing nature of rezzes to something more equitable, but rez is not a 4E cleric power.
  • pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the whole game is become pay to win they have all the stuff like big heal items and rezz scrolls from the cash shop.
    perfect world is famous for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and cash cow all their games into shut down.
    they went pay to win before closed beta is even done.
    this game wont' last a year in full release especially when ESO is out.
    wasted potential by greedy company that takes basic class skills away from players to SELL them in the cash shop
    Oh Atari how I miss you!