test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Floating orb thingy....

2»

Comments

• Options
    angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    looking forward to tome- but I like the orb! Honestly staffs are always done so this is a nice change.
  • Options
    abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The orb is fine imo, but the identical appearance of all orbs is not. The other classes get better looking weapons as they progress, but we always have a dull gray bubble.
  • Options
    thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I have always believed that there will be different implement choices once the game launches. We are just not being shown the tome, the staff and other such implement choices. What else would they put as vanity in cash shop?

I will pray I am not wrong...

I'd just settle for 'skins' for the orb, or perhaps even some particle effects...
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    thrynsyst wrote: »
    I'd just settle for 'skins' for the orb, or perhaps even some particle effects...

I hated the orb in Aion and I hate the orb in Neverwinter. It makes no sense at all. At least give us a choice. I mean this is DnD. I knew the game wasn't going to be DnD per say, but the level of let down has been extraordinary. I'd be fine with a staff or a sword. Even a book would be great at this point in a reasonable manner. The clear grey orb, floating above my shoulder, and somehow flies around the air, is just stupid.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The orb is from D&D, used by Control Wizards to prolong the duration of their spells (though I wish someone would tell the CW that...1 second freeze with an Orb, I shudder to think what it'd be without). I seriously wish people would actually read up on 4e before making stupid posts about how Neverwinter isn't D&D at all because it doesn't follow 3e.
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Neverwinter is just that, Neverwinter. Its following the DnD style, but they still need to make a number of changes to make it fit into the MMO genre as well as following feedback given by the players. The orb is just stupid, I can careless if a loser manual says it is there. It has moved to a different genre and needs to appeal to a different audience. If only people who played DnD play Neverwinter the game is going to be horrible.
    The one thing that MMO players look for in an MMO is going to be customization or a better term would be versatility. I'd honestly rather say the orb was there and it not even show up on my toon because the orb just looks that ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    lolwat

First you complain that the orb is stupid because it's not D&D, and complain that they're dumbing down D&D too much.

Then, when I tell you that the orb is from D&D, you say D&D sucks and they shouldn't follow it.

You must really hate that orb.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My focus are the lack of choices and how stupid it looks. I could care less about DnD. If someone wants the orb, let them have it. Give us the option to use a staff. In DnD, you are able to use different weapons, but just as a general rule players want versatility. I don't care about the reasoning of the orb, or that it is in a manual.
  • Options
    pinkfloid1pinkfloid1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Agree with one of the above posters, yes at least give us "skins" for the orb. Like a floating skull,or particles swirling about, or hell a tiny leprechaun dancing while I'm casting(sorry St Paddys is too close). But something other than just the dull gray orb entire game...
  • Options
    mes0warmes0war Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Those seeking a staff will get one when a War Wizard class is implemented. Elminster is one of the iconic characters of the Realms and there's good marketing sense to appeal to his fans. A War Wizard will use a staff and have close range AoEs like Thunderwave.

But we will have to wait a while for him.

Cool... Last beta, spec'd my control wizard for max damage & criticals and turned out pretty deadly, nice to know they'll introduce a even deadlier wizard later on.
  • Options
    pinkfloid1pinkfloid1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any word on at least the graphic of the floating orb changing? Or are we stuck with the floating orb that looks the same the entire game?
  • Options
    gishingtongishington Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pinkfloid1 wrote: »
    Any word on at least the graphic of the floating orb changing? Or are we stuck with the floating orb that looks the same the entire game?

During the last beta weekend I managed to snag one that was orange and flame based from a drop, It seemed to me like a lot of the cosmetic stuff wasn't complete yet in the build we were using, though.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    should be able to get a disco ball lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    dethnightslayerdethnightslayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have seen over on the Wizards site in an story about Neverwinter weapon art. Clubs, Swords, and axes. SO I am going to guess they have art for all weapons types they are just saving for after release. Which I think may be a good thing. They are not spoiling the surprise of what we will be able to find.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm ok with them saving the suprise of finding new "skins" for the orb, but at least give us the hope that the grey dull orb wont be the only thing we see entire game.
  • Options
    liaratsoni84liaratsoni84 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't mind the orb as a weapon but I'd like to see different varieties of it. Like different colors, glowing orbs and the like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    gishington wrote: »
    During the last beta weekend I managed to snag one that was orange and flame based from a drop, It seemed to me like a lot of the cosmetic stuff wasn't complete yet in the build we were using, though.

Where'd you find that? :eek:
  • Options
    losttsol99losttsol99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I noticed that sometimes the orb had four dots around it. Sometimes it would have two or three. Anyone know the reason these show up on the orbs?
  • Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    you get more dots around it the higher your arcane stack gets, up to 4 dots (when stacked to 5)
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
  • Options
    snorri30snorri30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    would be nice to add chill visual stack like the arcana around the floaty orb
  • Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    just tested it with chill stacks, and it does not appear. I think the idea is though that the arcane stacks are on you, while chill is on the enemy, so it does make sense to me.
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?